What class to play next?

TitaniumPrince

Hey there! So, I just finished the imperial agent class story (loved it), and the Sith Inquisitor and was wondering what class story I should do next? I’ve spent hours deliberating over this and need some help. Since I’ve done 2 imperial stories, I was leaning towards a republic story, but I can’t even settle on that! Help!

Hey there! So, I just finished the imperial agent class story (loved it), and the Sith Inquisitor and was wondering what class story I should do next? I’ve spent hours deliberating over this and need some help. Since I’ve done 2 imperial stories, I was leaning towards a republic story, but I can’t even settle on that! Help!

Get a standard 6-sided die and roll it. Be sure to assign the numbers before you roll.

Alternatively, try Jedi Knight which has a direct nod back to the Agent's companions.

There's really no other effective way of choosing, since in essence they all take place at the same time (the Trooper and Smuggler stories in particular start almost simultaneously - the opening cinematic for the Trooper story shows the Smuggler arriving, and the conversations in the Smuggler cinematic make direct reference to the fate of the transport walker the Trooper is riding in).

Smuggler is always fun to play - it reminds me a lot of Firefly.

JK is also good, some call the story KOTOR 3.

I don't think, that you can do anything wrong, all classes have their pros and cons storywise. It's basically persnal taste.

You think that JK Chapter 2's fatuous optimism isn't *completely* bonkers?

i mean sure, but at least it's not entirely talking to rocks (consular) or

spending an entire chapter chasing a guy just to trade that guy back (trooper ch3)

Edited by KendraP

I would recommend Trooper or Jedi Knight, though not necessarily for story reasons.

Bear with me on this; completing Chapter Two on a class unlocks that class (and it's mirror's) buff for all classes. You already have the Inquisitor/Consular and Agent/Smuggler buffs; by going with Trooper or Knight, you unlock the Trooper/Hunter or Knight/Warrior buff to add to those, and you said you wanted to try a Republic class

• 3 weeks later...

Try them all. What's your hurry? 🙂

Nothing says that, if you start a class, you need to finish it. (Except if you're going for Legendary status.)

Even the though the Smuggler's Act One resolution was a bit anti-climactic, the story is still fun to play. A recent run-through had my Chiss Gunslinger taking pretty much all the snarky/sarcastic responses (usually the middle dialogue choice on the wheel) and every 'flirt' dialogue option offered, whether it came from a companion or a npc. Waiting for the inevitable day of reckoning was glorious. :p

Nothing says that, if you start a class, you need to finish it.

There is truth in this, although I did eventually finish them all. The last one to finish was the first one I started, because the story didn't really appeal. I eventually finished poor Kylarina's class story almost exactly(1) three years after beginning it, by which time I had had to change her name because she had been neglected at the wrong time.

But hey, she's finally back to being Kylarina, and she is abundantly happy about that.

(1) If memory serves, it was three years and three days.

Not sure if you are still needing help, but here's what I would recommend:

Jedi Knight - this is the flagship Republic class story, and as others have said, is essentially KOTOR 3. The events of this class story also heavily affect the events within SWTOR and set the stage for future expansion stories.

Smuggler/Consular - If you enjoyed Imperial Agent and Sith Inquisitor, these are the Republic counterparts respectively. The Smuggler story is much more of a Han Solo-esque adventure than a serious life and death plot like the others. Consular starts slow but you really feel like an accomplished Jedi by the end.

Sith Warrior - I know you said you wanted to go Republic, but Sith Warrior has probably my favorite class story of the whole game. If you want a non-stop power trip, go with the warrior.

Adding my take to a slightly old post; it could be useful for other people! I'll only offer detes on what I've played.

Jedi Knight: Like everyone else said, JK is arguably the flagship class of the game. The events that unfold, for the most part, are caused by the JK's actions. Good story, good romance options... typical good guy Jedi. Voice Acting 10/10

Sith Warrior: Great story, kill people that needs killing. Maybe killing innocents along the way, if that's your forte. Crush good guys and bad guys alike. I personally feel Light Side SW has a fantastic playthrough. SW allows for a "morally gray" play through that honestly just makes the campaign enjoyable. Romance options are pretty good. Voice acting 10/10

Bounty Hunter: Mando... enough said. Kill bad guys, earn credits. Make a name for yourself. Interesting dialogue pieces depending on the route you go. There's something about using a blaster pistol against force users and their elegant weapons. Romances are so/so, didn't feel attached to BH's companions as much as I did SW/JK's companions. Voice Acting 10/10

Republic Trooper Michael bay film meets Mass Effect. Either carry a massive Gatling Gun and mow people down or carry a Blaster Rifle to buttstroke enemies and stab them with your "omni blade". Typical rise through the ranks and kill all threats to the Republic. Romances are decent. Voice Acting 11/10 (Jennifer Hale is my absolute favorite)

I've dabbled in Consular, Smuggler, IA, and Inquisitor to chapter 3... I just like the 2x clears that I have on JK/SW/BH/RT!