Disappointed with Sith Inquisitor

KelKrios

after much contemplating on what stories I like and don't, I stumbled on a single problem with my SI. I feel like the story makes my character into a complete idiot with too much power. He would have died at least four times before chapter one even started if not for interference of some third party. This is the only character that survives the entire story thanks only due to his stupid luck. He is like a noob playing a fotm character that gets carried to endgame. SI blindly follows whatever anyone tells him.

Even Consular carries his own weight

Ugh... I will have to agree. You are repeatedly put into situations that should be fatal, but get out of danger through the intervention of someone else (and not thanks to your skill, or smarts, or foresight). Worse still, you are usually warned about how dangerous these situations are, but there is no choice but walk straight to your death!

There are some moments of stupidity and deus ex machina in other class stories as well, but none as bad as Sith Inquisitor.

Honestly, if the only way the story has any tension is due to your character being an idiot... that's not a very good story. No matter how much I enjoy SI's dialogue, the story is really grating on my nerves.

Our SW also survives one deadly ambush (orchestrated, of course, by his ... fat antagonist, Darth Baras) on Quesh (!!) due to the intervention of a ... third party, The (Immortal) Emperor's Hand.

Therefore both Sith chars (and not only the Sith, all the Imperial chars...) are really vulnerable despite their skills, their training, their prowess and their connection to the Force, at least until the point they have an over-abundance of skills, power and, particularly, experience (and understanding of their enemy) in order to become a match for their strongest Antagonists. Until then, their survival is mostly a matter of ... "luck", mostly by means of the intervention of ... unknown allies with a good cause; their antagonists have stubborn and determined enemies too, they tend to generate a lot of animosity!...

Therefore it's not just a matter of luck, it is a matter of luck only in some measure; as an example, the intervention of The Emperor's Hand is due to Darth Baras' plot against The Emperor; that unexpected ally, that "Deus ex machina" has a very good reason to intervene...

The moral -and the bottom line- is quite interesting: the Sith Empire (of that era?) is an extremely (...) dangerous and hostile environment!!...That Sith Empire, that -doomed and manipulated- monument of the Dark Side is a chaotic and self-destructive, "necrophiliac" anti-chamber of a living Hell...

Therefore some Imperials, mostly some Sith, are truly patriots and heroes, they could ascend above and beyond that Hell!

Darth Marr's sacrifice and, then, his spiritual existence (cutting obviously ties with hatred, aggression, single-mindedness, namely the core of the Dark Side) is a prime relevant example!

Edited by cunctatorg

A few of the classes have some sort of "divine intervention," but I agree that the SI is especially bad. The Sith Warrior gets the servants, the agent gets watcher x, for example.

The SI gets Kallig, doesn't he save them on two occasions? Khem Val when confronting Zash, something that she specifically requests for whatever reason, and later on is saved by Zash's apprentices again.

The smuggler gets into a few interactions where they play the opponents against each other, but I can't recall any specific saves from others. Really, the republic classes and the Bounty Hunter were pretty clean when it comes to intervention, right?

Edited by JuventusAndFCK

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
Then there is also the horribleness of the Corellia story line. It made me furious.

Main Corellia's campaign story isn't that horrible, it isn't just great ... but this is something different!

Corellia's campaign is obviously the "bridge" with some (more or less related) purposes; its main purpose to provide diversions for the endeavor, obstacles for the struggle of any char to reach the ending of his/her adventures!

A war theater provides many opportunities for such diversions - for each of the eight story-lines...

• 2 weeks later...
Our SW also survives one deadly ambush (orchestrated, of course, by his ... fat antagonist, Darth Baras) on Quesh (!!) due to the intervention of a ... third party, The (Immortal) Emperor's Hand.

Emperor's Hand does not save SW. One of them asks if they should help and other one answers no, if sw is worthy he/she should survive on his own and get to the outpost in 1 day.