Unbiased review on Pot5 and The Bastion

Frankenseuss

Many people are browsing the forums looking to transfer to a PvP server. As far as the US servers are concerned, they all ask the same question: "Should I transfer to The Bastion, or to Pot5?" I know this because I was on the same boat. I hope this thread can help in making your decision based on what is best for you, not from what others tell you to do.

Number one is this: don't even pay attention to the server rivalry arguments on who is better, because they're both great servers. That being said, I'm gonna move ahead to give my review on both servers.

Prophecy of the Five

-------------------------------

Pot5 is the server I chose to transfer to. The state of PvP right now as a whole is great. For those of you who prefer to level characters with mostly PvP, you won't be disappointed. Pot5 leveling queue pops are constant, and I have never waited more than two minutes for a queue to pop. Sure there are a few trolls on the server, both factions, but those will be everywhere you go. At level cap there are quite a few options for guilds and groups for competitive PvP. The prime reason I chose Pot5 is because we have a player known by the community as Cilas, who puts together great OWPvP events that tend to make playing really worth your while. The way he sets them up is that you don't even necessarily have to be 55 to participate. As far as Open World is concerned, Pot5 is way ahead of the developers. So if you like the option of competitive PvP and you also enjoy open world events, Pot5 is the server for you.

The Bastion

------------------------

The Bastion is where most of the streamers are. There are quite a few guilds who participate in competitive PvP, and this goes on close to constantly. They also have constant queue pops for those who are leveling, and I also never found myself waiting for more than two minutes on The Bastion. During my time on the fleet of the Bastion, a player referred to the Bastion as "the short bus server." This means that they are all about competing in PvP but they also know how to have fun with it. The only thing they don't have that Pot5 has is the large scale OWPvP events. They are more focused on ranked warzones, and they have the most streamers of all the servers. If you want to be part of a community that focuses on competitive PvP above all else, then The Bastion is the server for you.

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I haven't tried the Bastion and I won't go to a West coast server. But pugging on POT5 has been fairly horrible lately: teams with 12+ players on the scoreboard at the end, teams that try to fail fast when they lose a skirmish and people more interested in medals/comms then pvp ("fighting for its own sake? hah! - I'd rather hide in a corner if we're prolly not gonna win anyways") or winning seem to be taking over the lvl 55 pub-side at least. With the Bolster disaster, the unchecked cc spam and the extremely op'd heals, pvp is the worst I have seen it since release. It wouldn't surprise me at all if most of the people that really cared have moved on. Edited by Savej

Just trying to help. I'm tired of seeing hate between the two servers, so I'm just trying to help people make decisions.

I stated in a different thread that I had tossed one of my jugs over to bastion. Either server is a viable option, for they both have quick warzone ques. Communities are what you make them. The rest is up to you.

HeHe. I'm just jealous. AND, you already know how much I like you :)

Oh you spoil me x3 anyways tonight ill be xferring Frankenseuss (guardian) and Anthill (sniper) to Pot5 tonight. Both are 50, so whichever you want to play with just hit me up in game, if you have any toons in that bracket

OP seems to make a fairly good observation of the servers. Go where you pong leads you imp

Ah yes, Pong, as classic as video games come. Pong has led us to games with graphics of incredible beauty. Pong will never be forgotten. We love you, Pong <3

While I mean no disrespect to Cilas, the WPvP events are pretty meh at best.

Edit: This is due to the lag issues, and the participation ratio between the 2 factions. The events itself are great, the game simply can't handle it, 3-5 FPS isn't what I call a bundle of joy lol.

Edited by Pistols

Oh you spoil me x3 anyways tonight ill be xferring Frankenseuss (guardian) and Anthill (sniper) to Pot5 tonight. Both are 50, so whichever you want to play with just hit me up in game, if you have any toons in that bracket

I'd love to have you in my PvP guild if you came to PotF! You make some really good threads in the forum! Sick of seeing the nasty, over-inflated egos and e-peens by the PotF and Bastion communities. We'd get along great.

:jawa_smile:

I'd love to have you in my PvP guild if you came to PotF! You make some really good threads in the forum! Sick of seeing the nasty, over-inflated egos and e-peens by the PotF and Bastion communities. We'd get along great.

:jawa_smile:

I'm already here though o3o both factions too.

While I mean no disrespect to Cilas, the WPvP events are pretty meh at best.

Edit: This is due to the lag issues, and the participation ratio between the 2 factions. The events itself are great, the game simply can't handle it, 3-5 FPS isn't what I call a bundle of joy lol.

lower your graphics settings if my old rig can handle it... also resolution has a lot to do with it.

Edited by Kegparty

Ah yes, Pong, as classic as video games come. Pong has led us to games with graphics of incredible beauty. Pong will never be forgotten. We love you, Pong <3

Lol I think my iPhone auto corrected that. Or I just have fat fingers :p

But yes follow your pong

the 8 ranked teams queing last night on pot5 would diasgree with you.

cilas's events happen about once a month. what do you think we do every other night lol. also, i agree, follow your ping.

Edited by ForsakenKing

The bickering over which server is better is completely counter productive. Wouldnt be surprised if it turns away potential new players too out of fear of choosing wrong. I play on both servers too, mainly Bastion though, but both are great and hope they both keep thriving. Edited by ReckonerH

lower your graphics settings if my old rig can handle it... also resolution has a lot to do with it.

If I want to play an 8-bit looking game i'll buy a original Nintendo or download an emulator. It's 2013 and a MMO should be able to handle it or they are just stealing money. Do you play on POT5 and have you gone to these gatherings? It's not a matter of lowering your settings.

the 8 ranked teams queing last night on pot5 would diasgree with you.

8 ranked teams? How is that at all relevant to anything? That was a rhetorical question, because the answer is it's not. It's just another pathetic and shameless plug for your server, which you and so many from your server are guilty of.

And disagree with what? Did these magical 8 teams appoint you to be their spokesperson to disagree with something on the forums, because this is very confusing. And while I don't doubt that POT5 has a robust rated scene, the only evidence I've seen of your rated scene are <Legend's> streams, and the most I ever counted during primetime was 4 different teams (if you're lazy I will post the twitch links, time stamps as well, but only if you agree to unsub afterwards), but apparently you guys have special secret streams and don't que on weekends because you have special lives.

But this is all off-topic. If you want to promote your forum and beg others to transfer over, create a new thread or post in the several that are already in existence.

Edited by iheartnyc