Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

[3.0+] The Marksmanship I Sharpshooter Guide

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Classes > Gunslinger / Sniper
[3.0+] The Marksmanship I Sharpshooter Guide

Llama-Eight
12.31.2014 , 04:28 AM | #101
I do & what confuses me is that I'm pretty sure I had an APM around 40 pre-3.0 (though IIRC I did tend to pop out of cover to proc the instant charged burst). I've got Trick Shot, Penetrating Rounds, Charged Burst, Aimed Shot & Vital Shot set up on the 2-6 keys, Sweeping Gunfire/FFB on 11/12 & I usually manually click on Smuggler's Luck, Burst Volley & Illegal mods. I do have a Razor Naga but I find the keys on the side a bit small (I do use it for Vital Shot & the AoEs).

Burgdawg
01.20.2015 , 03:23 AM | #102
Just one question, for the pvp side of the house. Why are we still augmenting for main stat? 3.0 threw out the in-spec boost to cunning we used to see from Gearhead. I also notice that I'm at 70% surge and 29% critical chance. So you'd think I'd get the biggest damage boost from augmenting for power, yes? I'm not trying to bash the guide I just want to know if there's something I've missed here...
Mace Windu: "I'm a prophet. I can see the future..." Thug: "Sure you can. What do you see?" Mace Windu: "You. Bleeding." ―Mace Windu and a very unfortunate thug

DieGhostDie
01.22.2015 , 01:32 AM | #103
Quote: Originally Posted by Burgdawg View Post
Just one question, for the pvp side of the house. Why are we still augmenting for main stat? 3.0 threw out the in-spec boost to cunning we used to see from Gearhead. I also notice that I'm at 70% surge and 29% critical chance. So you'd think I'd get the biggest damage boost from augmenting for power, yes? I'm not trying to bash the guide I just want to know if there's something I've missed here...
At the moment, I plan on running Main Stat augments for my PvP Sniper. However, I'm still not entirely sure of PvP Min-Maxing. I'd say for now, go with whatever you think is BiS for you. If you find that Power works wonders in Ranked and everything else, feel free to share your data.
WrldFrst Forum T-r0l powered by FrankerZ

safarm
01.23.2015 , 01:53 AM | #104
Done 4495 on 500k dummy.

Gear is mix of BiS 192 and commendation 198 (MH barrel is 186)+

DieGhostDie
01.23.2015 , 08:15 PM | #105
This has been a long time coming, but here's the video of the Sharpshooter Rotation. Enjoy!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2iWP...ature=youtu.be

You'll notice that there's some slight adjustments in my rotation. The information will come soon™.

safarm
01.25.2015 , 04:24 AM | #106
Would like to ask you guys about stats.
Right now im using 6items with accu+1augment and im thinking if I should use 1alacrity item. From parsing I dont see much difference, just some skills hits little harder but still its alot RNG dps spec.
So I would be glad if some1 who is using this setup :
6enhanc+1augment accu, 4 surge enhanc
6enhanc+1augment accu, 3 surge enhanc, 1 alacrity enhanc
could post their parses.

Btw does any1 have sometimes bugged energy regeneration in cover ? Cuz I sometimes got energy rate : 5 instead of 6 at 100% energy rating.
- Tornia - Torxia - Torsia - Tormia - Torzia -
Imperial Czech Alliance
The Red Eclipse

Bugattiboy
01.25.2015 , 02:47 PM | #107
Quote: Originally Posted by DieGhostDie View Post
This has been a long time coming, but here's the video of the Sharpshooter Rotation. Enjoy!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2iWP...ature=youtu.be

You'll notice that there's some slight adjustments in my rotation. The information will come soon™.
You are using Burst Volley on cooldown Like. even when PS is only a few seconds from being off cooldown. Is that required?

DieGhostDie
01.25.2015 , 04:17 PM | #108
Quote: Originally Posted by Bugattiboy View Post
You are using Burst Volley on cooldown Like. even when PS is only a few seconds from being off cooldown. Is that required?
Correct. Like I mentioned in my guide, you can see that I had around 2-3 GCDs (about 3/4.5 seconds) left to play with before BV came off, so I used Charged Burstx2 and Trickshot to compensate the flow. Admittedly though, there are mistakes like my Marksmanship video, but hopefully you get the idea.

DieGhostDie
01.25.2015 , 04:20 PM | #109
Quote: Originally Posted by safarm View Post
Would like to ask you guys about stats.
Right now im using 6items with accu+1augment and im thinking if I should use 1alacrity item. From parsing I dont see much difference, just some skills hits little harder but still its alot RNG dps spec.
So I would be glad if some1 who is using this setup :
6enhanc+1augment accu, 4 surge enhanc
6enhanc+1augment accu, 3 surge enhanc, 1 alacrity enhanc
could post their parses.

Btw does any1 have sometimes bugged energy regeneration in cover ? Cuz I sometimes got energy rate : 5 instead of 6 at 100% energy rating.
In my opinion, I think the 6 ACC Enhancements, 1 ACC Augment, 3 Surge Enhancements, and 1 Alacrity Enhancement is a good way to approach Marksmanship optimally.

safarm
01.26.2015 , 09:42 AM | #110
Parsing every day and my numbers are decreasing ... I changed a little my gear (swapped coms 198 power mods for 192 tokens ) dunno if its cuz of it or if I'm doing something wrong.
Before I changed mods i made around 4.3k each parse, now im doing around 4.2.
- Tornia - Torxia - Torsia - Tormia - Torzia -
Imperial Czech Alliance
The Red Eclipse