What is the fastest chapter to complete that still provides CXP?

Lundorff

• 2 weeks later...
If you can speed run ES or BT, you'll get more per hour than chapters... at least for now...

Depends on the chapter. Ran chapter 1 in Veteran mode (haven't been able to constantly beat master yet) and average right around 5k per hour. Each run of ES takes longer but nets around the same reward so end up with only around 3500 per hour.

Edit, now managed to master chapter 2 on master mode with Shadow tank and get around 6k per hour. Can actually do the same with my Commando.

Edited by HelinCarnate

Depends on the chapter. Ran chapter 1 in Veteran mode (haven't been able to constantly beat master yet) and average right around 5k per hour. Each run of ES takes longer but nets around the same reward so end up with only around 3500 per hour.

Until Esseles has its bonus boss requirement removed (the one requiring two players), Esseles is not beneficial at all. Black Talon can be done in 10-15 minutes, shorter if you do a stealth class, netting around 1k CXP each run, more with GC bonus. Four runs an hour means at least a level.

Also Esseles takes way longer then Black Talon.

Edited by SebastiaanZ

Until Esseles has its bonus boss requirement removed (the one requiring two players), Esseles is not beneficial at all. Black Talon can be done in 10-15 minutes, shorter if you do a stealth class, netting around 1k CXP each run, more with GC bonus. Four runs an hour means at least a level.

Also Esseles takes way longer then Black Talon.

Well MM Chapter 1 is 1350 cxp in 7 min, which means over 10k cxp an hour, but it is limited to a stealth class.

• 2 weeks later...

In case anyone is curious, I did some math on Chapter 1. I saw today the 20% bonus was applied to Chapters so I decided to do some math to decide, should I do Chapter 1 on Story, Veteran, or Master? I did them all.

Some notes: I'm a Jedi Guardian main, with 230/240 tank gear, 6piece set bonus. So that's what I did Master mode on. It took me 15 minutes, but I'm sure I could shave a few minutes off. I think I even died at one point and I attacked some mob groups I could have skipped. So I plan to try again. Anyway, this was without a CXP boost applied to my character, but all 5 Legacy CXP boosts purchased, and obviously the 5.1 major CXP serverwide bonuses we have, and the daily 20%.

Chapter 1, Guardian, tank spec, Master mode: 15 minutes, 3950pts, for 263.33CXP/minute. Without the 20% daily boost, that would be 219.33CXP/min.

Chapter 1, Guardian, Vigilance spec, Veteran mode: 10 minutes, 2565pts, 256CXP/minute.

Chapter 1, Guardian, Vigilance spec, Story mode: 6 minutes, 1520pts, 253.33CXP/minute.

Pretty amazing how close all those values are. It seems Story mode is the quickest and (obviously easiest) with still great value for your time. Master could get you more points (my 15 minutes could be cut down which means you could probably get over 270/280CXP/minute) for your time, but there's more risk as the fights are a bit of a challenge (you have to pay attention to what your'e doing).

I'm interested in doing this math for other game activities and other Chapters.

In case anyone is curious, I did some math on Chapter 1. I saw today the 20% bonus was applied to Chapters so I decided to do some math to decide, should I do Chapter 1 on Story, Veteran, or Master? I did them all.

Some notes: I'm a Jedi Guardian main, with 230/240 tank gear, 6piece set bonus. So that's what I did Master mode on. It took me 15 minutes, but I'm sure I could shave a few minutes off. I think I even died at one point and I attacked some mob groups I could have skipped. So I plan to try again. Anyway, this was without a CXP boost applied to my character, but all 5 Legacy CXP boosts purchased, and obviously the 5.1 major CXP serverwide bonuses we have, and the daily 20%.

Chapter 1, Guardian, tank spec, Master mode: 15 minutes, 3950pts, for 263.33CXP/minute. Without the 20% daily boost, that would be 219.33CXP/min.

Chapter 1, Guardian, Vigilance spec, Veteran mode: 10 minutes, 2565pts, 256CXP/minute.

Chapter 1, Guardian, Vigilance spec, Story mode: 6 minutes, 1520pts, 253.33CXP/minute.

Pretty amazing how close all those values are. It seems Story mode is the quickest and (obviously easiest) with still great value for your time. Master could get you more points (my 15 minutes could be cut down which means you could probably get over 270/280CXP/minute) for your time, but there's more risk as the fights are a bit of a challenge (you have to pay attention to what your'e doing).

I'm interested in doing this math for other game activities and other Chapters.

A good idea and I think Ill try this out. Will time the same character on the same chapters with the same gear on all 3 modes on chapter 1 and 2. Will time from the time I accept the first mission and run it 3 times on each difficulty level and chapter. Timer will stop when I accept the last mission reward and will base the numbers assuming no additional bonuses.

Chapter 2 of KotFE is a bit faster, and you get more CXP for the final boss in there.

My stats were a 5 minute completion, with +72cxp for the mob at the end (lol) and the 1520 for the chapter.

1592 in 5 minutes comes out to 318.4 CXP/minute with the daily bonus of +20%. Or, 265.33/min without daily bonus. Chapter 1 on story was 213.8pts per minute without bonus.

All this thread reminds me of is the crazy lengths people will go to just to get gear they most probably will never need to use.

All the while many complaining how bad GC/CXP is yet feeding the metrics that tell BWA "people are doing GC".

Things are in a very sorry state where you have to basically speed run a chapter taking no time for the enjoyment of the content just to quickly get your points and then rinse and repeat and then "damn, disintegrate" rinse and repeat until eventually you have the full 242 gear you needed which probably won't make a lick of different to many players play styles.

*shrug* I just don't get it.

All this thread reminds me of is the crazy lengths people will go to just to get gear they most probably will never need to use.

All the while many complaining how bad GC/CXP is yet feeding the metrics that tell BWA "people are doing GC".

Things are in a very sorry state where you have to basically speed run a chapter taking no time for the enjoyment of the content just to quickly get your points and then rinse and repeat and then "damn, disintegrate" rinse and repeat until eventually you have the full 242 gear you needed which probably won't make a lick of different to many players play styles.

I totally see where you're coming from. I am not the kind of person to grind a chapter more than 4 or 5 times in a row. But, when I see the bonus is for Chapters, and I'm in the mood to do a few to relive the story, do something kind of mindless, and work towards better gear which has several uses and joy that comes with it, I want to know what chapter and what difficulty is best to do it for. Plus I find the timing of the runs and the challenge of speed running, as well as the math to determine the cxp/min with and without boosts and all that enjoyable for the afternoon.

Really, this new CXP system allows people to do whatever they want at that moment and get one set of progress towards gear. Some people are always gonna want to do whatever gears them up fastest, which is the really just them wanting to feel like they are "beating the game" fastest. With the daily CXP bonus on different activities, that really helps give incentive to play other activities.

That's BW fault. You need gear to do content, and everything has DPS checks now. Gear was never this hard to get, especially entry level gear. 204 PvP gear was a breeze and 208 PVE just required a few FP runs. OFC most of us never got 224 set bonuses. At least 14 of my toons have fully auged 208 PvP gear ,which was enough to do all PvP and PvE content, except , HM OPS (which i wasn't interested i anyways). A few of them had 216, and my sin had 2 pieces of 224 from doing Scum and villainy. But at this point I have been only playing one toon, and it is not fully geared in 230's (which is the new entry level gear).

it is frustrating as hell and i'm bored af. i have to be playing my Jug tank, since 5.0. before, I would do the PvP and PvE daily's and weeklies on all my toons, and just transfer stuff to the ones i want to gear up first. Now, you get gear advanced class specific gear, and unassembled components aren't legacy wide. I am actually grinding the hunt. Like seriously lol

I also cant be asked to do this. I did Fractured and had enough after 4 times. The KP farm was OK as it was with friends and we were chatting and stuff during it. Chapters, well i do a few, but im not really in to farm them for 8 hours!! Rather pugs an HM ops for gear.

I have yet to post the video, Chapter 2 MM on Merc (or anyother class, since its doable with all) in 8 minutes!! 4300 cxp if DvsL bonus is on and with the 100% bonus for tokens.

Merc is the best Skank tank in the game right now, so go try on sage, and come back with the time. and which chapter 2?

I keep hearing the crap about 6 minutes and 8 minutes, well, definitely not for the average player. I ran the Hunt in master mode on my Immortal Jug and the best i could do was 12 minutes, if i didn't die, and that's basically the same time as a pvp match, which gives 3024 CXP on a win, if you have the 100% boost + the legacy. Obviously a stealth class would take less time, but i doubt some classes could do it, like sage/sorc, healers, even worst, gonna take em way longer.

I will try chapter Two, a dream of empire, and see how that goes