Armor flares

Alexisshade

Swtor need armor flares MY toon should be on fire or at least have a rain cloud following him. I know we can because of the plague effects from the events

Flairs. Flares are entirely different.

And what you're describing is the armour equivalent of weapon *tunings*. Flairs are the things around your character portrait that give you a symbol after your name.

But sure, why not. (Actually, there are some very good reasons why not, mostly related to rendering performance and screen clutter. Go into GW2 in a popular "hanging out" area and you'll see what I mean.)

Flairs. Flares are entirely different.

And what you're describing is the armour equivalent of weapon *tunings*. Flairs are the things around your character portrait that give you a symbol after your name.

But sure, why not. (Actually, there are some very good reasons why not, mostly related to rendering performance and screen clutter. Go into GW2 in a popular "hanging out" area and you'll see what I mean.)

clarification I meant armor flourishing like mounts. A temporary glamour effect like a rain cloud of flaming body to show off. the rendering performance would be the same as when using toys and other abilities each as a timed action that is rendered

Swtor need armor flares MY toon should be on fire or at least have a rain cloud following him. I know we can because of the plague effects from the events

We already have a few armor flairs. I don't remember the names, but several armor pieces have effects like electricity sparks, headbands that makes your eyes glow, few armors that make a little flying droid appear beside you...

But I would much rather to just keep the "effects" in toy forms. I don't like the special effects personally and if there is an armor I like, but it has a dumb effect on it, I won't buy it.

Just create a flame toy if you want to be on fire but please don't force those on my clothes.

clarification I meant armor flourishing like mounts. A temporary glamour effect like a rain cloud of flaming body to show off. the rendering performance would be the same as when using toys and other abilities each as a timed action that is rendered

That's what that dude described to ya XD we know what you mean, and I agree man that would be cool. :D

That's what that dude described to ya XD we know what you mean, and I agree man that would be cool. :D

It's not what I described, actually. I thought he originally meant a permanent thing, like the glow / other effect from a weapon tuning, if you have the weapon out on display all the time. (Some tunings glow at least a bit anyway, example: Purple Haze.)

OP was clarifying that he really meant a mount-like flourish effect. And yes, that would be cool if it's not too "noisy" (either in actual sound OR in visual flashiness).