Taral V Bug/Broken Flashpoint

I'm not here to complain about how we have to kill the last boss on Taral V. I'm here to complain that the hanger DOOR after beating the ROBOT boss and hitting that CONSOLE, doesn't even open and stays CLOSED, while the hanger door behind is closed on us also. Our group then just got stuck and couldn't progress further. FIX it please.

ALSO, a side note, the WARMASTER double bladed light saber is still broken on one end and disappears. You guys fixed the DEVASTATOR double bladed one which is fine, but not the other cartel double bladed lightsaber is still not fixed? Please FIX this as I payed MONEY for this item through a cartel pack. HOPEFULLY all this gets addressed ASAP.

Edited by Rikoshae

Makes you wonder whether anyone at BW actually ran the flashpoint after they made the change to make sure it worked properly.

I doubt they do that. They had something a while back with Denova Minefield messing up when something wouldn't spawn and stopped progression for that at that time. Running it would have shown them the problem.

+1 Had this same problem. And another guildy keeps getting Taral V in the random queue for his daily. 4 times straight. Why not just leave it how it was? It wasnt really broken. How Taral V is now is broken. You could actually fight the tool with the turrets if you wanted to. Not like he was difficult.

Same thing here, I tried Regular mode on group finder twice today and and got stuck both times, both groups had people that said they had been stuck there several times as well.

I tried zoning out the back in, it won't let me back just zoning back to where I entered on Hoth. I went to fleet and tried to enter from there, it just put me back on Hoth again.

I asked on fleet after, several people said they had been stuck on both Hard Mode and Reg. One person said they had just finished it by not skipping the conversations, but I think there might have been trolling.

This is a game breaker bug / content blocker so I would imagine it will be fixed some time in the next couple of days.

This is a game breaker bug / content blocker so I would imagine it will be fixed some time in the next couple of days.

You seriously think that this bug is a game breaker? I for one can wait til the next maintenance downtime for it to be fixed

You seriously think that this bug is a game breaker? I for one can wait til the next maintenance downtime for it to be fixed

Um.. not sure how your gaming day went, but mine went something like this...

Yesterday, myself and a few guildmates queued for the groupfinder daily (random hard mode). We were pretty happy to get Taral V, as it's one we can get through pretty quickly (yes, we usually kill the bosses).

After killing the droid, we end up trapped in the room with the console.

We tried everything we could to get past it, but ended up abandoning the mission, resetting phases, and re-queuing for the groupfinder.

Guess what...

We got Taral V again..

We tried it again, assuming it was just a temporary glitch...

Nope, still broke after the second try (this time we skipped the droid)...

So we queue again..

We get Taral V again....

FIVE FRICKIN' TIMES IN A ROW!!

We finally just gave up and logged off for the night...

If that isn't game breaking, I don't know what is. It certainly broke my enthusiasm to play the game last night.. and isn't that why we play? to have fun? Last night was sooo not fun...

I understand that bugs happen. I've been playing MMO's a long time and have suffered through some nightmares when it comes to dealing with bugs... They are... forgiveable to a degree..

The problem is, they are not letting players know about this, and just leaving them to flounder through it not knowing if the problem is something they did, or a temporary bug, or whatever..

Maybe, if there was something preventing you from queuing for this (and still get your daily/weekly), or at least letting players know via the patcher message, it might not be so bad.

Maybe having a link to the "Known Issues" right on the patcher screen might help... (as long as it gets updated with 'we are currently investigating' stuff).

Edited by Vemtaz

oh let see... my day went a little something like this.

• Log in and que up. T5 ques and team gets past droid boss for it to bug. Team seperates
  • Start working on dailys and que up again.
  • Que pops and its T5 again. Team splits right away.
  • Continue working on dailys and que up again.
  • Que pops and its T5 again. Team splits right away.
  • Finish dailys while queing again
  • Que pops and its T5 again. Team decides to go past droid and bugs. Team separates.

Jump on different toon to start working dailys on him while queing

• Que pops for Kaon

No, its not a game breaker. The game does not revolve around that 1 single flashpoint. RNG was against you with the continuous rolls of T5. It happens to all of us. Some of us just find something else to do.

If that isn't game breaking, I don't know what is. It certainly broke my enthusiasm to play the game last night.. and isn't that why we play? to have fun?

Do you want to know what is game breaking? How about not being able click on multiple consoles to go into another area because they don't show up being clickable. How about when you reset the GUI, nothing comes back to your screen except for the environment... no icons, no characters, nothing. How about when you move around, the time it takes from you doing something finally triggers about 2-3 seconds after you actually do the action? Yes, all of these situations I listed did happen to me at one time or another.

Yes, the game is supposed to be fun but when you solely rely on only doing 1 thing instead of having multiple things to do, then you bring it upon yourself to have the game not be any fun anymore when that 1 thing does not work as intended.

I'm not going to argue over what "game breaking" means, but it's certainly super annoying, especially for new players like me who only have 1 toon and T5 is the only Flashpoint worthwhile in my level range. I think it's definitely something that they should hotfix ASAP instead of waiting a week.

A week in MMO leveling time might as well be a century lol.

Ok, for some reason this is an issue so lets review.....

breaker bug / content blocker ........CONTENT BLOCKER!!!!!! (blocks content)

This problem dose not break the game but it dose block part of it. And since these are the only two types of bugs that EA Bioware fixes I put them in together.

Please read the whole post before making comments.

Edited by Jrea

I did read the whole post before making comments but thank you for assuming that i didin't.

Sure... that one flashpoint is bugged to the point where you can't pass it. Find something to do other than that 1 flashpoint.

Need gear from T5? Do a couple quests or PVP to gain a couple levels. Then you will be within range of a different flashpoint because you have already out geared the equipment you would have received from T5. Find some upgrades on Mods to replace the mods you have in your current gear. There are plenty of ways to get gear other than that one flashpoint you were so adamant on completing. Your 50 but cant seem to get anything but T5 threw GF in order to get your BH coms? Keep trying.

In the end, it's something that regardless on how annoying it was, it was managable by just not doing it. Anyways... it looks as if they plan on putting in a patch tomorrow to fix it.

Sure... that one flashpoint is bugged to the point where you can't pass it. Find something to do other than that 1 flashpoint.

In the end, it's something that regardless on how annoying it was, it was managable by just not doing it. Anyways... it looks as if they plan on putting in a patch tomorrow to fix it.

It's not that I want gear from it, I wanna do the quest chain that starts from Tarval V. Think it's called "the Jedi Prisoner". Hopefully the downtime right now has a fix in order for this.

Your 50 but cant seem to get anything but T5 threw GF in order to get your BH coms? Keep trying..

This is GREAT advice.. assuming you KNOW it's broken. We had no way to know what we experienced was a blocking bug.. we just assumed it was some kind of temporary glitch, and reset the instance and tried again. After the second try, we decided enough was enough... I submitted a bug report, and we then re-queued for groupfinder daily.. and kept getting Taral V.. i'm presuming the game was forcing people into it for some reason.. i have no way to confirm this. And you can't get the groupfinder daily if you don't queue for all of the hard modes.

• The end of the world? newp
  • Will I unsub? newp
  • Was it frustrating as hell for the four of us who were just trying to have a little fun and play the game?
    Yes, extremely. Made more frustrating by the fact that it was known to be broken, and yet nothing was posted officially here on the forums (other than "we are investigating"). There was no way a player in the game would know they were going to experience this. Had we known about this problem, and the extent it was going to affect our limited game play time, we would have probably just played alts, or took the night off for some family time or something. Instead we spent a couple of frustrating hours trying really hard to have fun... unfortunately, we did not.

The point I'm trying to make here is that there is a lot of room for improvement in the way the community and support teams are communicating with the player base.

Edited by Vemtaz