Discussion: The Alliance's Fate

fatsi

Note that this post includes spoilers from Dragon Age: Inquisiton: Trespasser as well as SWTOR story of Iokath and Umbara. Read at your risk, please.

As many of you who have played the Dragon Age: Inquisition before might have noticed, the story of the Alliance resembles closely to that of the Inquisition.

In both stories;

1. You are recognized as the leader of a new organization naturally. Without election or any power struggle, you are accepted as the leader. There are no doubts about it. No other candidate is appropriate for the role.

2. You fight against an enemy that no one else can handle, which is why you are to lead others against him. All other factions are powerless against this enemy. You are the only hope.

3. You have unique powers/council to fight against this enemy. You are not in this role by choice. People seek your help.

4. After you deal with the antagonist, other factions get back into caring for their own interest and start seeing you as a threat. They ask for your understanding.

5. Corruption takes place in your faction. You are betrayed by one of your own, and you need to hunt them down.

At the end of the Inquisition: Trespasser, you were left with the choice of either dismantling the Inquisition or lowering it down to a security option. In the end, you ended up having been removed from power after you have served your purpose, even after doing all the good for everyone. You were simply cast out.

So we all know what happened in Iokath and Umbara, so I figure the Alliance's fate would be similar to that of the Inquisition. I must say I would like that outcome myself. But what do you think. Should that happen and things go back to Republic vs. Empire?

Depending on the character I'd like different outcomes:

Sith Inquisitor would like to rule, build his own version of Empire, not clone of Sith Empire but something different, open to Light Side but not Jedi-Republic clone either. He thinks of himself as a Emperor and wouldn't like to loose power.

Sith Warrior would be OK with giving the Alliance to someone, maybe to Lana, so she gets the job done and if there is trouble she may call him to kill someone. He is Lord Wrath and he knows he is too hot-headed to be good ruler, he would like his independence back. He would gladly grab Vette and go on an adventure.