Can someone help us with GC assembled components.

Jujubon

First off ill say i dont like the system (GC, components, RNG) it is a complete mess and with a napkin a pen and 5 mins I could devise a better system, but moving on...

I have 3 friends who i play the game with, we hate and i do mean hate the pvp in this game. What can we do to gear up as a group of 4 other than pvp? The system is so confusing and what does, and does not lead to gearing rewards is so obscure we cannot make heads or tails of it.

We are all using the 230 gear from command crates, but how do we get the schematics for 230 and beyond? I think u can get the 248 schematics by reverse engineering the 248 mods from level 4 gear?. its just so damned confusing what is and what is not reverse engineer-able.

Can anyone give me some info or point me to a decent guide or site or wiki or something to help me untangle this pile of spaghetti. Thanks in advance.

Edited by Jujubon

If you're a group of 4, run master mode flashpoints (if you cover all the trynity roles), not forgetting the weekly. Or veteran. Plus MM Uprising weekly (requires only one Up, you can do Fractured, it's the easiest).

That way you're get to Tier 2, then 3, then 4, and with each tier you get better gear and better schematics. 248 are gold pieces from tier 4 (when your CR is 300).

Edited by Lammia

When your command level gets to 90, you start getting Tier 2 gear (blue 234, purple 236, yellow 238).

When you get command level 180, you start getting Tier 3 gear (blue 238, purple 240, yellow 242).

When you get command level 300, you get Tier 4 gear (but very slowly) (blue 244, purple 246, yellow 248).

That's how. (OK, some of the numbers may be off by two, but the idea is still sound.)

And if you want to get it from sources outside the crates AND outside PvP, you'll have to switch to doing Operations:

* Story Mode for tokens to buy Tier 2 yellows = 238

* Veteran Mode (aka Hard Mode) for Tier 3 yellow tokens = 242

* Master Mode (aka Nightmare Mode) for Tier 4 yellow tokens = 248.

And each tier of command crate will occasionally drop schematics for "MK-4" (MK-14 for Tier 2) gear. This gear tends to be slightly endurance-heavy compared to the corresponding MK-3/MK-13 gear.

It's always a question of: Are you good at playing your classes and what content do you want to play?

Just an example: It is possible, to run some storymode-operations with just four players. The new op is one of them: You just have to follow the mechanics carefully. Your healer shouldn't be an "out of force after one minute"-sorc, your DPS have to pull higher numbers then the usual storymode hero.

When you are good enough - or, when you are open for becoming better - all content is waiting for you. But, and I am saying this since 5.0 launched - you can't expect roasted chicken to fly into your mouth on its own. This is an mmo. Gear is both, a requirement and a reward for doing certain content.

When you are just sitting at your stronghold doing nothing, but complain about everything, you won't get any Gear.

When your command level gets to 90, you start getting Tier 2 gear (blue 234, purple 236, yellow 238).

When you get command level 180, you start getting Tier 3 gear (blue 238, purple 240, yellow 242).

When you get command level 300, you get Tier 4 gear (but very slowly) (blue 244, purple 246, yellow 248).

That's how. (OK, some of the numbers may be off by two, but the idea is still sound.)

And if you want to get it from sources outside the crates AND outside PvP, you'll have to switch to doing Operations:

* Story Mode for tokens to buy Tier 2 yellows = 238

* Veteran Mode (aka Hard Mode) for Tier 3 yellow tokens = 242

* Master Mode (aka Nightmare Mode) for Tier 4 yellow tokens = 248.

And each tier of command crate will occasionally drop schematics for "MK-4" (MK-14 for Tier 2) gear. This gear tends to be slightly endurance-heavy compared to the corresponding MK-3/MK-13 gear.

tier 2 yellow gear is 236 not 238 :cool:

First off ill say i dont like the system (GC, components, RNG) it is a complete mess and with a napkin a pen and 5 mins I could devise a better system, but moving on...

I have 3 friends who i play the game with, we hate and i do mean hate the pvp in this game. What can we do to gear up as a group of 4 other than pvp? The system is so confusing and what does, and does not lead to gearing rewards is so obscure we cannot make heads or tails of it.

The majority of players do not like the current expansion's gearing system. Expansion 5.0's gearing system was presumably introduced to keep players subscribing by using now subscriber only End Game Content and Gear as bait. It's obvious that lower game population is due in part because of Expansion 5.0.

In terms Un Assembled Components, your only alternative is running the easier operations Eternity Vault and Karagaa's Palace over and over. Even then Operations drop specific gear components. Good luck finding others to join in these times.

As of now there is another gearing solution which is doing certain Heroics which now yield 1125cxp each. The increased Heroic CXP issue was already posted about in the Bugs forum because more CXP is apparently a bug.

The Heroics 1125CXP are:

• Belsavis

• Correllia

• Czerka

• Iokath

• Oricon

• Yavin

• Ziost

Even though CXP Crates gear are random with gold-rated being extremely rare, at least you will be getting more CXP-leveled crates quickly.

Edited by jimmorrisson