Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

The State of Endgame.


DarthWoad's Avatar


DarthWoad
05.11.2016 , 12:58 PM | #41
delete
Founder of The Old Republic
Returning to the game? Get 7 days FREE subscription by clicking here

Andryah's Avatar


Andryah
05.11.2016 , 12:59 PM | #42
Quote: Originally Posted by DarthWoad View Post
..............
Oh look, it's my comment stalker again.

I get that you love to try to troll my comments as you have been doing for the last week in multiple threads but I'm not interested in forum PvP with you. Good bye and welcome to my /ignore list.
When you find yourself surrounded by hostile Clowns... always go for the "Juggler" first.

Jadescythe's Avatar


Jadescythe
05.11.2016 , 01:00 PM | #43
Quote: Originally Posted by Andryah View Post
Yes I did. And it changes nothing IMO.... because he used pretext (I guess to gain some legitimacy of voice or something).

The topic, by the way is a good one to discuss. The bias of his pretext, is simply the wrong way to go about it, and because it happens a lot in this fashion on the forum, it gets more pushback.

I'm sorry to hear that you are going to try to dictate to me what I can and cannot say in an opinion thread.
There is evidence to back up that point. There are posts in this thread specifically from people saying they can't get HM PUGs, but we can dig up 30 or 40 more here and on Reddit if that makes you feel better. The point is that you generalized this post as claiming to speak for the majority when it does not do this.
I have opinions and stuff

You could get free stuff with my referral link here

DarthWoad's Avatar


DarthWoad
05.11.2016 , 01:00 PM | #44
Quote: Originally Posted by Andryah View Post
Yes I did. And it changes nothing IMO.... because he used pretext (I guess to gain some legitimacy of voice or something).

The topic, by the way is a good one to discuss. The bias of his pretext, is simply the wrong way to go about it, and because it happens a lot in this fashion on the forum, it gets more pushback.

I'm sorry to hear that you are going to try to dictate to me what I can and cannot say in an opinion thread.
Hmm, I would'nt see it as bias. Some people don't like to hear the facts and truth about things sometime, which is understandable when people have put so much time into the game.
Founder of The Old Republic
Returning to the game? Get 7 days FREE subscription by clicking here

DarthWoad's Avatar


DarthWoad
05.11.2016 , 01:03 PM | #45
Quote: Originally Posted by Andryah View Post
Oh look, it's my comment stalker again.

I get that you love to try to troll my comments as you have been doing for the last week in multiple threads but I'm not interested in forum PvP with you. Good bye and welcome to my /ignore list.
I haven't been trolling any of your comments. I've simply replying to them because you are wrong about things. You disagree with 99% of people here, and I disagree with 99% of your posts.

Can't handle being wrong? Can't take criticism? That's right, play victim and call me a troll. Very mature.
Founder of The Old Republic
Returning to the game? Get 7 days FREE subscription by clicking here

Andryah's Avatar


Andryah
05.11.2016 , 01:07 PM | #46
Quote: Originally Posted by Jadescythe View Post
There is evidence to back up that point. There are posts in this thread specifically from people saying they can't get HM PUGs, but we can dig up 30 or 40 more here and on Reddit if that makes you feel better. The point is that you generalized this post as claiming to speak for the majority when it does not do this.
And there is the crux of the issue, and why such generalizations should be skipped. What exactly = many? Is it 10, 3 dozen, 100, 1000? It totally depends on the person, hence it immediately creates confusion and misunderstanding.

Yes.. some people are having trouble with PuGs for HM. Der...... maybe HM OPs were not designed to be PuGed. Who knows. But I think you and I both know that everyone in a PuG for an HM OP needs to do more then just show up.. which is probably why PuGing is a problem. Whoever is forming up an HM PuG certainly wants it to be a success and not endless wipes. but I digress...

I certainly don't blame raiding guilds for being discriminating who they allow in an HM raid. There are other behaviors about hard core raiding guilds.. but this is not one of them.

If we are going to center the discussion around the state of endgame where the formula is HM OPs and PuGs with a dose of "those raiding guilds are exclusive".... I don't think this thread is going anywhere. Then again.. if you read paragraph 4 in the OP.. it's clear that his purpose is to serve notice that if no new "fully functional" OP by end of the last chapter.. he's quitting and so are $1,798.80 per month worth of other players (see paragraph 5). Again.. talking for others to give weight to ultimatum. What exactly is achieved by this? Nothing.
When you find yourself surrounded by hostile Clowns... always go for the "Juggler" first.

TUXs's Avatar


TUXs
05.11.2016 , 01:10 PM | #47
Quote: Originally Posted by DarthWoad View Post
I haven't been trolling any of your comments. I've simply replying to them because you are wrong about things. You disagree with 99% of people here, and I disagree with 99% of your posts.

Can't handle being wrong? Can't take criticism? That's right, play victim and call me a troll. Very mature.
Don't worry, he does that to anyone he can't intimidate into silence.
All warfare is based on deception If his forces are united, separate them If you are far from the enemy, make him believe you are near A leader leads by example not by force
My referral code: here What you get: here (1 FREE transfer 7-day FREE sub FREE Jumpstart and Preferred Bundles)

TUXs's Avatar


TUXs
05.11.2016 , 01:12 PM | #48
Quote: Originally Posted by Jadescythe View Post
There is evidence to back up that point. There are posts in this thread specifically from people saying they can't get HM PUGs, but we can dig up 30 or 40 more here and on Reddit if that makes you feel better. The point is that you generalized this post as claiming to speak for the majority when it does not do this.
Don't waste your time. It's an easy way for him to derail a topic...nothing more.
All warfare is based on deception If his forces are united, separate them If you are far from the enemy, make him believe you are near A leader leads by example not by force
My referral code: here What you get: here (1 FREE transfer 7-day FREE sub FREE Jumpstart and Preferred Bundles)

gabigool's Avatar


gabigool
05.11.2016 , 01:12 PM | #49
Quote: Originally Posted by Andryah View Post
Many folks here on these forums, on Reddit and other fan sites agree
I'm trying to figure out how this is inaccurate. I consider it to be a truthful, defensible statement.

I also feel it's a rational introduction to his point.

People can take issue with his point all they want. That's not what the first few pages of this thread are. It's people flatly making something up. In about an obvious manner as can be.

I don't know him, but the tone of his post suggests to me he went out of his way to ensure clarity surrounding who he was speaking for.

Jadescythe's Avatar


Jadescythe
05.11.2016 , 01:13 PM | #50
Quote: Originally Posted by Andryah View Post
And there is the crux of the issue, and why such generalizations should be skipped. What exactly = many? Is it 10, 3 dozen, 100, 1000? It totally depends on the person, hence it immediately creates confusion and misunderstanding.

Yes.. some people are having trouble with PuGs for HM. Der...... maybe HM OPs were not designed to be PuGed. Who knows. But I think you and I both know that everyone in a PuG for an HM OP needs to do more then just show up.. which is probably why PuGing is a problem. Whoever is forming up an HM PuG certainly wants it to be a success and not endless wipes. but I digress...

I certainly don't blame raiding guilds for being discriminating who they allow in an HM raid. There are other behaviors about hard core raiding guilds.. but this is not one of them.

If we are going to center the discussion around the state of endgame where the formula is HM OPs and PuGs with a dose of "those raiding guilds are exclusive".... I don't think this thread is going anywhere
It was just an opening comment on the state of HM raiding right now. It isn't even the point of the post. You are just arguing semantics for no reason. If you want to discuss what was posted, then post something relevant. I don't believe you have ever mentioned being a raider in this game at all, so I'm not even sure what feedback you could provide on how to make end game better right now. You can certainly express your opinion that you're fine with it not existing at all and putting resources elsewhere, but not much else.

Instead you chose to join the "you don't speak for me" argument. Which fits in many circumstances, but not this one.
I have opinions and stuff

You could get free stuff with my referral link here