Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

The State of Endgame.


gabigool's Avatar


gabigool
05.11.2016 , 04:56 PM | #121
Quote: Originally Posted by Crossward View Post
Menace-NZ had a way of thinking on another thread that I really like though. It went something along these lines:

"If we get some Operations at the end of KOTFE, then from the start of season 1 we'll have had 16 chapters, a war zone, an arena, the Eternal Championship and operations. That would be an amazing release schedule."

Basically if we take KOTFE as a full on reboot of the game and start counting from there instead of from SoR's release, KOTFE doesn't look so bad. I'm really hoping that this will be the case. If it isn't, I'll have to decide who can haz my stuff.
I totally agree. Listen I think KotFE is a fricking joke and I'll never get how anyone could think it's even 20% as interesting/compelling/immersive as any of the class stories. If I was one of the "give me story!" people, I'd be p--sed.

But I'm not, and I'm honestly glad they got something they seem to like as it means more people play the game, which is good for the game.

Personally, I do believe they have plans for new Operations. Real ones. Not the silly "get rid of the trinity" stuff I've seen. We won't see them until probably next spring/summer, but they'll come.

I think they are just afraid to give even the slightest hint because they don't know how to handle communication in this environment. Not Musco, but organizationally.

That said, I think it's not in their best interest to remain silent as there are people that would stick around because for those of us that do enjoy endgame here, it's fantastic. But endgame players that are a tier or two below the DnT/Zorz are generally not that transient. Heck, even they aren't.

In other words, it's unlikely even a small % of "endgame focused" (note, not "hardcore") players will come back once they leave.

DarthSpuds's Avatar


DarthSpuds
05.11.2016 , 05:06 PM | #122
Quote: Originally Posted by gabigool View Post
I totally agree. Listen I think KotFE is a fricking joke and I'll never get how anyone could think it's even 20% as interesting/compelling/immersive as any of the class stories. If I was one of the "give me story!" people, I'd be p--sed. .
I kind of agree.

I resubbed at KotFE mainly for the story.
But the story isn't that compelling (except maybe the last 2 or 3 episodes) and the "choices" we have are almost entirely cosmetic, and even worse choices we made prior to KotFE that we were told would matter don't. My Jugg was married to Vette, Vette turns up in new chapter and barely even acknowledges I exist.

Poor story telling, poor use of previous choices.

But even badly realised story driven content is better, IMO, than generic kill-this-go-here questing.

All The Best
#Is-This-As-Good-As-It-Gets?

If you think my comment has been helpful in anyway please >>Click Here<< for the Refer A Friend Bonus.

Alanbra's Avatar


Alanbra
05.11.2016 , 05:22 PM | #123
RiVan, I don't think I ever did an op with ya, but best of luck in your new games. I always admired that you were one of the few to try to keep raiding going, and JC will be poorer without you. It seems strange now to fly around on fleet and not see guild names like Torva, Dark Eclipse, Oblivion, Hellbent, GAF, House Lannister, and many more.

And for the record, I hereby state and affirm in this virtual signature, that you were speaking for me as well in your original post.

Godspeed good sir, godspeed.

JennyFlynn's Avatar


JennyFlynn
05.11.2016 , 05:49 PM | #124
Quote: Originally Posted by DieAlteHexe View Post
Notice how it's the same folks with the same "position" thread after thread?

Aren't we getting bored with this yet? We need some new blood in here.
I've quietly been reading but tbh I'm getting tired of the forums lately. It's the same old argument no matter what thread you open and if the subject isn't already at the standard chewed out drivel, someone will ensure it reaches that subject.

"Game's dead!"
-"No it's not!"
"Check out these fleet numbers!"
-"But not everyone plays on the fleet!"
"It takes me 30 minutes to get a queue!"
- "Not everyone uses the queue system!"
"No the game is dead!"
- "No it's not!"
"My opinion is all that matters"
- "No there's other players too"
"They're wrong if they don't see it my way!"
- "No they just have a different opinion"
"Yes and I understand how that means they're wrong and I'm right!"
- "I enjoy playing by myself."
"You're subbed to an MMO, how dare you enjoy solo gameplay!!!!"
- "Because I like Star Wars and other aspects of the game?"
"That's not good enough you're wrong! Let me dictate to you what should matter to you!"
- "Uhm, no thanks, I'm happy with how I do things now?"
"You're lying and selfish! I'm right you're wrong!"

.. you get the gist. It's getting tiresome, dull and tbh it's sucking the enjoyment out of having social and interesting debates here on the forum. These aren't debates and healthy discussions anymore, it's a repetitive tug of war with some mud slinging here and there and absolutely nothing good comes out of it.
--------{---({@ Defiant Devotion | Defying Destiny | SWTOR Prompt Oneshots @}}>---}-------

RiVaN_'s Avatar


RiVaN_
05.11.2016 , 06:48 PM | #125
Quote: Originally Posted by Alanbra View Post
RiVan, I don't think I ever did an op with ya, but best of luck in your new games. I always admired that you were one of the few to try to keep raiding going, and JC will be poorer without you. It seems strange now to fly around on fleet and not see guild names like Torva, Dark Eclipse, Oblivion, Hellbent, GAF, House Lannister, and many more.

And for the record, I hereby state and affirm in this virtual signature, that you were speaking for me as well in your original post.

Godspeed good sir, godspeed.
Thank you and best of luck to you as well!
I'll still be running Ops twice a week until the end of August, I'll just be doing it as a preferd status player.

I believe that Hellbent is still around and I know Fortitude and Force Majure are still going strong. I think Republic Gentlemen has mostly gone and I know Torva Nex, and Nemesis moved on to other games. Several of the big guilds of JC have gone back to WoW to prepare for the next expansion and some just folded up shop. I've ran into folks from JC guilds in ESO that recognized my toon name from SWTOR and had conversations with them.

I hope that I never really have to say good-bye, so I'll say Good luck and Happy Hunting!
Nikolete, Scoundrel - Republic Flashfire
Drivan, Sentinel - Souls of Fate

Jedi Covenant

DieAlteHexe's Avatar


DieAlteHexe
05.11.2016 , 08:36 PM | #126
Quote: Originally Posted by JennyFlynn View Post
I've quietly been reading but tbh I'm getting tired of the forums lately. It's the same old argument no matter what thread you open and if the subject isn't already at the standard chewed out drivel, someone will ensure it reaches that subject.

"Game's dead!"
-"No it's not!"
"Check out these fleet numbers!"
-"But not everyone plays on the fleet!"
"It takes me 30 minutes to get a queue!"
- "Not everyone uses the queue system!"
"No the game is dead!"
- "No it's not!"
"My opinion is all that matters"
- "No there's other players too"
"They're wrong if they don't see it my way!"
- "No they just have a different opinion"
"Yes and I understand how that means they're wrong and I'm right!"
- "I enjoy playing by myself."
"You're subbed to an MMO, how dare you enjoy solo gameplay!!!!"
- "Because I like Star Wars and other aspects of the game?"
"That's not good enough you're wrong! Let me dictate to you what should matter to you!"
- "Uhm, no thanks, I'm happy with how I do things now?"
"You're lying and selfish! I'm right you're wrong!"

.. you get the gist. It's getting tiresome, dull and tbh it's sucking the enjoyment out of having social and interesting debates here on the forum. These aren't debates and healthy discussions anymore, it's a repetitive tug of war with some mud slinging here and there and absolutely nothing good comes out of it.
Yup. I reached the saturation point. Just going to sit back and watch the state of the game, but I'm willing to bet that despite the best efforts of some to convince otherwise the game lives on and many people enjoy it.
---------------------------------------------------------------

-- It's the journey, not the destination. --

RiVaN_'s Avatar


RiVaN_
05.11.2016 , 10:09 PM | #127
Quote: Originally Posted by DieAlteHexe View Post
Yup. I reached the saturation point. Just going to sit back and watch the state of the game, but I'm willing to bet that despite the best efforts of some to convince otherwise the game lives on and many people enjoy it.
You see the problem is that you think I and others who share my opinion WANT it to die. You are missing the parts where I state that I LOVE THIS GAME. Where I say that I feel it has SO much potential and all I want is to see it reach that potential, in EVERY way.
You are reading your own bias into my statements, your own desire to silence those who dare to speak their mind and say what needs to be said. People like you are the ones that will kill the game, folks who feel that their opinion is the only one that matters.

And before you try to claim that is what I am doing re-read what I have written. I agree with with much of what others have said, the game IS NOT dying, the game WILL continue on. SWTOR is transitioning to a more solo and casual based game and there are those who enjoy that. For me and those that share my opinion we would like for this MMO to continue to be an MMO, not a solo, story based RPG.

You can't have a discussion if you refuse to read what has been written.
Nikolete, Scoundrel - Republic Flashfire
Drivan, Sentinel - Souls of Fate

Jedi Covenant

DieAlteHexe's Avatar


DieAlteHexe
05.11.2016 , 10:54 PM | #128
Quote: Originally Posted by RiVaN_ View Post
You see the problem is that you think I and others who share my opinion WANT it to die. You are missing the parts where I state that I LOVE THIS GAME. Where I say that I feel it has SO much potential and all I want is to see it reach that potential, in EVERY way.
You are reading your own bias into my statements, your own desire to silence those who dare to speak their mind and say what needs to be said. People like you are the ones that will kill the game, folks who feel that their opinion is the only one that matters.

And before you try to claim that is what I am doing re-read what I have written. I agree with with much of what others have said, the game IS NOT dying, the game WILL continue on. SWTOR is transitioning to a more solo and casual based game and there are those who enjoy that. For me and those that share my opinion we would like for this MMO to continue to be an MMO, not a solo, story based RPG.

You can't have a discussion if you refuse to read what has been written.
No, I don't, Rivan. I didn't take you for one of those who would gleefully blort "I told you so".

Where we do disagree is coming into an MMO written by a studio who is known for their story based games and expecting what, for lack of better terms, I'll call a "standard MMO". It wasn't going to be that way, never meant to be that way. Yes, it's an MMO but it's a different one.

I have absolutely NO problem with it being a story-based MMO. In fact, I quite like that aspect. Makes a change from all the other "standard" MMOs. It's BW.

Not sure why you took my "I'm really getting bored with the same people trying to fob off the same BS" as aimed at you. It was not. It was aimed at those who make sweeping statements, expect everyone to believe their opinion is fact and get right shirty if people don't.
---------------------------------------------------------------

-- It's the journey, not the destination. --

Lularapio's Avatar


Lularapio
05.11.2016 , 11:15 PM | #129
OP, did you miss the memo? The game is now called "Star Wars: The Dressing Game"

No worries though, "Star Wars: The Sims Edition" is coming next year!

DanNV's Avatar


DanNV
05.11.2016 , 11:16 PM | #130
What everyone seems to forget is there are lots of ways to play this game. If any one of those gets neglected, the game loses players. I can tell you that my guild has lost 13 8 man raid teams. That's 104 players who aren't logging in, aren't subbing and are sending their money to some other game company. (Most went to WoW, but not all.) My guild isn't the only one with the problem. Also, keep in mind that the lack of endgame material is what almost killed this game just after launch. Just like now, people got there, said they didn't have anything to do and left, and most never came back.

So, is BW right to do more story, sure. But they also need to do more endgame content or they're going to keep losing a chunk of their player base and in the end, they need all of those players to stay viable. Losing any good sized group of players is bad for any game, this one included.
Quote: Originally Posted by Rion_Starkiller View Post
Devs gambled everything on GC RNG, but they didn't even get green loot.
REGULATORS