Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

The State of Endgame.


Przemo_No's Avatar


Przemo_No
05.11.2016 , 12:42 PM | #31
hmm, I played the so called "end game". 4, 3, 2 and 1 year ago. While it was actually possible to get some players and do it.
I completed every existing Operation. Once, twice or even 5 times.
Did it on couple of characters.

But now I really do not see the point of doing the same stuff over and over, especially when people who want to do it call for "achievs" or other stuff (have TS, parse, whateverarse).
I do not have parse, i do not use TS, i find it pointless.

When I want to play specific part of the game, it is because either I particualrly like it or haven't done that before, thus in most cases i WILL not have the "achiev". if i do, it means I HAVE DONE THAT, End.

At this point I do not even do the FPs, because, again, I have done them1000 times on all possible characters.

the idea of running the Star Fortress for uncountableth time, is...no there is NO such idea.

So what I do? I enjoy playing the vanila game over and over again, different chars, different approach.
At least it had some meaning.


I guess many more players would participate in End Game if the restictions placed by "the raiding guilds" were not that rigid.

I have 4 tanks. geared on the level, with decent knowledge about class specifics. NONE of them I took into any operation, just because I am too afraid to try (and be blamed if I screw up with something).

Besides, for an old ***** as me, the number of things you have to take into account is just...too much. Tank swaps, variuous buffs and debuffs happening due to something, target of target, all that nonsense...just too much.

I wanna enjoy my game time, not WORK it.
I already have a job.

So, i am actually having fun in PVP, where the games last way shoreter than any operation.
Dark side is a pathway to many abilities, some consider to be unnatural.

gabigool's Avatar


gabigool
05.11.2016 , 12:45 PM | #32
I'm trying to figure out where in the OP he attempts to express the opinion of anyone other than himself or people he knows.

Andryah's Avatar


Andryah
05.11.2016 , 12:46 PM | #33
Quote: Originally Posted by RiVaN_ View Post
You will notice, upon re-reading my post without a preconceived angry tone, that the We, many and most I refer to are those of similar opinion as myself. Not the community as a whole or even the raiding/endgame community. Only those who are of a similar mindset as what I have portrayed in this thread.
The point remains.. you pretend to speak for others. That is the issue Die expressed

If you are speaking for others, and have their permission to do so.. then please present signed consent forms from said players. I know you can't and that is the whole point here.

IF you had simply expressed your views and asked who agreed and disagreed, in order to form objective two way discussion... you would not be getting the push back you are in this thread. The tone of your OP is very imperialistic.


Quote: Originally Posted by RiVaN_ View Post
A spinless approach to discussion is to, not only hide behind anonymity, but to also attack an individual while responding to a comment or question that someone else made or posted. An individual with courage will make their statement directly to the person they are attacking.
Oh.. so because people disagree with you and express why they disagree with you... they are attacking you??? LOL

More imperialistic tone right there.

Settle down, express your views without pretending to speak for others and this discussion will progress nicely I think. Your approach in your OP however was to express a mandate, and on behalf of others without their consent.
When you find yourself surrounded by hostile Clowns... always go for the "Juggler" first.

Andryah's Avatar


Andryah
05.11.2016 , 12:50 PM | #34
Quote: Originally Posted by gabigool View Post
I'm trying to figure out where in the OP he attempts to express the opinion of anyone other than himself or people he knows.
Quote: Originally Posted by RiVaN_ View Post
Many folks here on these forums, on Reddit and other fan sites agree, most raiding in SWTOR is compartmentalized within the raid guilds that currently exist these days and very few HM PUG's are successful and therefore the practice is being abandoned.
Note that he prefaced his entire post with this pretext. It muddied sensible discussion about the actual topic if the state of raiding in this MMO right from the start.

Now, maybe it was just poor wording on his part, or his oblivious as to how this reads to others.... but I see that he has left it as-is, so I take him at his word that he is presenting on behalf of Many folks here on these forums, on Reddit and other fan sites agree

Of course this is a discussion forum, so you are free to ignore his statement and proceed forward, just as others have taken exception to his preemptory preface.
When you find yourself surrounded by hostile Clowns... always go for the "Juggler" first.

Jadescythe's Avatar


Jadescythe
05.11.2016 , 12:50 PM | #35
Quote: Originally Posted by Andryah View Post
If you are speaking for others, and have their permission to do so.. then please present signed consent forms from said players. I know you can't and that is the whole point here.
Why would you even post this? What a ridiculous thing to say.
I have opinions and stuff

You could get free stuff with my referral link here

Jadescythe's Avatar


Jadescythe
05.11.2016 , 12:52 PM | #36
Quote: Originally Posted by Andryah View Post
Note that he prefaced his entire post with this pretext. It muddied sensible discussion about the actual topic if the state of raiding in this MMO right from the start.

Now, maybe it was just poor wording on his part, or his oblivious as to how this reads to others.... but I see that he has left it as-is, so I take him at his word that he is presenting on behalf of Many folks here on these forums, on Reddit and other fan sites agree

Of course this is a discussion forum, so you are free to ignore his statement and proceed forward, just as others have taken exception to his preemptory preface.
Did you even read the second half of that statement? Because what you highlighted does not lead into the overall topic of wanting new content.
I have opinions and stuff

You could get free stuff with my referral link here

Dewlmenow's Avatar


Dewlmenow
05.11.2016 , 12:52 PM | #37
Quote: Originally Posted by gabigool View Post
I'm trying to figure out where in the OP he attempts to express the opinion of anyone other than himself or people he knows.
Seconded. People freak out about the "we" in his statement, and didn't see where he clearly qualified it. Do the people freaking out just ctrl + f for "we" and then ctrl + v their canned cry about people not speaking for them?

marekdusek's Avatar


marekdusek
05.11.2016 , 12:53 PM | #38
Quote: Originally Posted by Kortio View Post
StarParse is a violation of the EULA/TOS. And I don't need it. I can play games without some not allowed Software telling me what to do. Might surprise you, but some players actually do have skill.
Hey, I will quote myself from a recent reply to your similar assesment posted in another thread regarding StarParse and its compliance with TOS:

Quote: Originally Posted by marekdusek View Post
StarParse is definitely NOT in any TOS violation as it does not interact with the game and does process only data provided by the game for the sole purpose of parsing. I personaly checked its compliance with a Bioware rep, you can do it too if my humble word is not enough :-)
(see my full reply here: http://www.swtor.com/community/showp...&postcount=193)

I respect your decision about (not) using 3rd party tools to craft your own gtaming experience, however, please refrain from presenting your personal statements about its legal (non)compliance as hard facts (as it is objectively not true).

Anyways, enjoy your own SWTOR (parsing or not parsing, whatever you fancy :-)
Ixale | Please help me improve StarParse @ http://ixparse.com
Follow http://twitter.com/starparse

DarthWoad's Avatar


DarthWoad
05.11.2016 , 12:55 PM | #39
Quote: Originally Posted by Andryah View Post
The point remains.. you pretend to speak for others. That is the issue Die expressed

If you are speaking for others, and have their permission to do so.. then please present signed consent forms from said players. I know you can't and that is the whole point here.
He speaks on behalf of me, but he doesn't need to show signed consent forms. I'm just telling you now

Quote:
you would not be getting the push back you are in this thread. The tone of your OP is very imperialistic.
This push back just shows people would rather complain about the "tone" and about how the op "doesn't speak for me!!" rather than debating with the OP, explaining why he's wrong etc...
Founder of The Old Republic
Returning to the game? Get 7 days FREE subscription by clicking here

Andryah's Avatar


Andryah
05.11.2016 , 12:55 PM | #40
Quote: Originally Posted by Jadescythe View Post
Did you even read the second half of that statement? Because what you highlighted does not lead into the overall topic of wanting new content.
Yes I did. And it changes nothing IMO.... because he used pretext (I guess to gain some legitimacy of voice or something).

The topic, by the way is a good one to discuss, and we should get on with it IMO. The bias of his pretext, is simply the wrong way to go about it, and because it happens a lot in this fashion on the forum, it gets more pushback.

I'm sorry to hear that you are going to try to dictate to me what I can and cannot say in an opinion thread.
When you find yourself surrounded by hostile Clowns... always go for the "Juggler" first.