Acina's Eyes As Talked About In The Bad Feeling Podcast Buvette

Ylliarus

So, in the buvette the Bad Feeling Podcast hosted on friday with Charles and Eric, the topic of Acina's eye colour becoming an available customization was brought up thankfully. Charles eventually stated that there were two options they could do something with it, the easier one, namely simply bringing it out as a character customization on the CM or the second and more difficult one, make it a part of the Dark Side corruption system. Charles said he would like feedback regarding that, so, here comes my view as I have been one of the crusaders for this since a long while!

Do not make it part of the Dark Side alignment system. In my opinion it should be a character customization option you can pick up from the Cartel Market so that you can give your character an alternative Dark Side corruption look without the drastic appearance of Dark Side V. Unless we got the option to pick what features of the Dark Side corruption we'd want to be showed on our characters, for example I am Dark IV but I choose to have only the orange eyes from Dark I when toggling on the Dark Side Corruption toggle, it should really be made as an option in the appearance/character designer.

A twist on this however could be that an Acina eye colour appearance option could be made and put in the Dark Side vendor from the Dark vs Light server war with a counterpart eyecolour or another appearance option like Satele's hairstyle from the vanilla game put in the Light Side vendor, so that instead of buying it off the Cartel Market you'd actually have to earn it. I think it would be a fresh approach to have one or two additional appearance options that you actually have to play the game for to get instead of paying for it. The price could be like 100 Dark Side/Light Side coins for your specific character to unlock it and like 200 to unlock it for your entire account. Another option is to simply do 150 Dark Side/Light Side tokens and then account wide, so that it will be something that you have to work for on multiple characters.

Yet one thing that I want to highlight regarding an Acina eye colour appearance option: make it available for all species with humanoid eyes and perhaps even make an unique design for the Cathar as they have not a single additional eye colour appearance option and like Charles said in the buvette, the eyes are one of the most visible parts of our characters in cutscenes so they are in fact an important part of our immersion and feel for the game. So basically don't make the same mistake with making for example the Bright Yellow Eyes appearance option Human and Cyborg only, that would be really a misuse of introducing an Acina-inspired eye colour and waste of a wondeful design. I really would love to give my Twi'lek Sith Sorcerer that eye colour namely :)

P.s.1 in the buvette the topic of ship stronghold was mentioned... very briefly: Terminus-class and Thranta-class ship strongholds for personal use as well as guild, please!

P.s.2 It is more of a personal request as it's a personal stake I have in this, but could this be implemented in one of the upcoming patches? :D I really would absolutely adore it if I could give my Twi'lek Sith Sorcerer which I am currently leveling those eyes the moment she ascends to her rightful seat on the Dark Council as that is the perfect moment for her to get them I think!

Edited by Ylliarus

I really like the idea of it going on the DVL vendors --

People have been saying for a while now the DVL vendors needs more options of things people can purchase. A lightside something and the darkside eyes would be a great thing to give people something to spend their DVL points on.

I'd also like to see some more DVL decors or something go on those vendors as well but that's another thing entirely. Real stuff like chairs, desks, tables, sofa's, fencing, walls etc all with a darker or lighter them to them.

Or more char customizations, either is a great thing for the vendor ! :)

CM is the best option, i imagine most just want the eye colour, not dark side corruption plus the eye colour.

Also i don't think it's possible to put them in the DvL vendors, unless they create a new feature just for it, the only way to change the eye colour is either dark side corruption or appearance stations (that require CC), there isn't a single item to change eye colour that they can put in a vendor.

If they were to bring it to dark side corruption, they'd need to give us better customization ability rather than on/off.

Since I don't see that happening, CM is the best option

Yes, indeed. However, as a matter of fact I had sent a PM to Keith about it once, whether it would be possible to implement customizable Dark Side corruption, in the sense that you are Dark V on your alignment bar but can pick for example the look of Dark I to show when the Dark Side Corruption thingy is toggled. I hope I am not breaking any rule by quoting part of his response here, but this was what he had written to me as a response to that idea:

"I know you can use Show Dark Side Corruption for each Outfit, but as you point out, you can't control the actual look across the various outfits. From what I know about how it works today, it'll likely require a substantial change to make that happen."

He said he'd look into it but naturally couldn't promise anything at the end, but as you can see it would require a substantial change in the working of the system, so an easier alternative would be to release Dark Side Corruption features as customization options on the Cartel Market. Acina's eye colour could be a first step in such a series :)

Edited by Ylliarus

I don't know or care how they will implement it but Sith eyes are long overdue. Hopefully theyll come alongside Traditional Jedi robes.

Personally I am hoping to get an appearance similar to Darth Vader in Revenge of the Sith.

Agreed, the Traditional Jedi Robes are something that should be in the game but I have good news for you! In the buvette Charles or Eric, not sure who, said that the idea has been taken off the backlog of their wall of crazy... so, it seems that your dream will become a reality :)

Thus I hope that my dream of proper Sith eyes for my Twi'lek Sorcerer and Cathar Assassin also will become a reality... I really want it so badly.

Honestly, and I'll just continue my rant from other threads...

I'm sick of micro-transactions in the Mmorpg industry. That is what is killing player interest. Because things like this become things to develop for further micro-transactions for the game rather than developing it for the game.

So, Cartel Market? Please, for the love of The Maker... No!

Something we can quest for or... *gasp* gets added into an already existing mechanic that you don't have to pay for (but might have to do a task for to unlock)? All the yes!

I'm going to have to Google buvette now...

Just watch the podcast on Twitch on the Bad Feeling Podcast channel, it is worth the watch! :)

I'm sick of micro-transactions in the Mmorpg industry. That is what is killing player interest. Because things like this become things to develop for further micro-transactions for the game rather than developing it for the game.

Something we can quest for or... *gasp* gets added into an already existing mechanic that you don't have to pay for (but might have to do a task for to unlock)? All the yes!

As you could read in my OP it was something I suggested, to add the appearance option to the Dark Side Vendor from the Light vs Dark server war with a counterpart appearance option for the Light Side vendor. However, I am a realist and know it is more likely to happen it will be added to the Cartel Market.

Now I ask you, if you are so against the microtransactions how do you propose Bioware gains the necessary funds to keep the game going and have the financial means to obtain and maintain the resources this game needs? You do realise that this game is made by a company, EA and Bioware, not benevolent volunteers and need to make a profit? If there is no profit, companies cut their losses. So there is a very logical reason as to why these microtransactions are put into place. The question whether we, the players and users of this product, like it or not is another question entirely. But the answer the companies will provide you is simple: then don't pay the microtransactions.

Note, these are not my opinions, these are objective facts surrounding this matter. I disagree with it just as much as you, but since I want to use this product and the the things you can buy for microtransactions, I have no other choice but to pay.

Such is life, my friend.

If it was a quest you wouldn't be able to create a new char with that eye colour.

If it was a quest you wouldn't be able to create a new char with that eye colour.

Making it a quest reward would be too complicated as that is not how character designer works even, I think. If you have an appearance option you unlock it unlocks it for your entire account so the repeatability of such a quest on alts would be diminished if you unlocked it with one character already. Hence why I think it would be cool to have it in the Dark Side vendor from the Dark vs Light server war with a Light Side counterpart in that respective vendor. It would be something fresh and different than having all the additional appearance options on the Cartel Market, but the realist in me says that won't happen.

I would love it if there were a wa y to customize the Dark side corruption. Even on the characters I have kept DS aligned I toggle it off because their faces just look dirty and bruised. I end up buying the yellow eyes. Realistically if they were to being in Acina's eye color I would imagine it would be an appearance designer purchase, though, sadly.

Agreed, the Traditional Jedi Robes are something that should be in the game but I have good news for you! In the buvette Charles or Eric, not sure who, said that the idea has been taken off the backlog of their wall of crazy... so, it seems that your dream will become a reality :)

Thus I hope that my dream of proper Sith eyes for my Twi'lek Sorcerer and Cathar Assassin also will become a reality... I really want it so badly.

Eric actually clarified that he confused hood toggle with Traditional Jedi robes there and it was the latter which moved out of the wall of crazy. Idk whether i should put in a smile or sad emote, because hood down tJR are gonna be just as fine.

Edited by Alec_Fortescue

Eric actually clarified that he confused hood toggle with Traditional Jedi robes there and it was the latter which moved out of the wall of crazy. Idk whether i should put in a smile or sad emote, because hood down tJR are gonna be just as fine.

Really? Oh that is just a giant bummer... I really like the design of the traditional Jedi robes and I had hoped that we'd get them so I could don my Jedi Knight and Consular in them. Still, the hood toggle is also something that we really need, have always needed to be frank, so I am looking forward to that too :)

Also, good new for this thread! I had put out a tweet having tagged Charles Boyd with a link to this thread and he had answered it saying he had seen it earlier yesterday! So we can assume the feedback has reached the ears of the high and mighty of this game! :D

Edited by Ylliarus