Longspur Blaze?? Why did they remove this?

Decidion

It used to be available on the Ilum vendor for something like 200 crystals, but instead of converting that to credits (like companion gifts), they just pulled it entirely. Why? Too much effort?

Why does the phrase "the inmates are running the asylum" keep repeating itself in my head?

I'm sure the decision making process at BW Basment Division consists of Eric wearing a t-shirt with various bone headed ideas on it and the rest of the team throw darts at him. Where it lands is the choice they make.

Longspur Blaze is one of them. I've seen it and it did indeed look fine.

• 1 month later...
It used to be available on the Ilum vendor for something like 200 crystals, but instead of converting that to credits (like companion gifts), they just pulled it entirely. Why? Too much effort?

Why does the phrase "the inmates are running the asylum" keep repeating itself in my head?

I've been told that if threads about items that people want back in the game get more than 200 replies they'll put the requested item back in the game...via the cartel market.

What? Putting content in the game? Effort?

What vile sorcery you speak of.

My imp-side main is a Sorc, so... ;)

It is so depressing to see simple oversights (I hope - in dubio pro reo) turn into real annoyances after some time with them refusing to just quickly put it back. How hard can it be? And if it is: how lousy can one code/design?

• 4 months later...
If they decide to remove it from the game, they should also remove it from the achievement. It's impossible to get the achievement now. Which makes every achievement in possessions useless since I can't get 100% because of it.

Because they are the most unorganized company I have ever witnessed, not limited to the gaming industry.

The right hand does seldom know what the left hand does within Bioware...

It happened when they removed the data crystals. That resulted in the Ilum trader disappearing entirely afaik and the Balmorra trader (both sold the Longspur Blaze) is still there but with empty stock. This can only happen if a company is totally unorganized and has no tracking system of causes and results when they fiddle with ingame content, the same as with almost no bug tracking...

It's Bioware, "not knowing what we are doing", a, no THE trademark of Bioware/EA...too bad I still like the game because it's Star Wars, but only because it's Star Wars. This game in the hands of a competent company...just imagine...BOOM!

Edited by Khaleg

So the patch note say this is being added back into the game via a vendor

The Longspur Blaze is now available for sale on each Fleets’ Vehicle Vendor.

What I’m wondering is was this planned all along for this patch or was this a direct result of this thread.

I’m hoping that it’s because of the thread. It gives me hope that they are listening and would prove they can act fast on somethings when they want to.

There are plenty of other things people want that have been removed from the game and it would be great if they were put back in.

So the patch note say this is being added back into the game via a vendor

The Longspur Blaze is now available for sale on each Fleets’ Vehicle Vendor.

What I’m wondering is was this planned all along for this patch or was this a direct result of this thread.

I’m hoping that it’s because of the thread. It gives me hope that they are listening and would prove they can act fast on somethings when they want to.

There are plenty of other things people want that have been removed from the game and it would be great if they were put back in.

It's more likely that this is a result of the other several months old official thread where Eric asked the community what we wish to be back in the game. I think, no I'm 100 % sure, that was also the moment where they've learned the first time that, among many other things, the Longspur Blaze disappeared from the game unintenionally as a result of their known lack of oversight, planning and organsisation in general when they, in this case, have removed the data crystals in Dec 2016 without any consideration what other unintended effects that has or might have. All I can say from experience, that's Bioware at "work", and that is not being mean or doing them injustice but the sad truth.

Edited by Khaleg