Rogue One being a disappointment

bluehufsa

Honestly, how is that a SW film? It has nothing interesting, only lame and bad written characters..

1. Galen & Lyra Erso look dirtier than pigs, if he's such a genius engineer why doesn't he make a water extraction machine?

2. Lyra Erso being hysterical, what chances does she think she has against a group of armed people?

3. Galen Erso being a COWARD, not destroying the Death Star himself, as the chief engineer he could have said " guys, i need to check the generator, alone, it might be dangerous to follow me there"

4. The blind guy should have been a jedi and have an epic duel with Darth Vader - all the public would have loved that..

5. The Imperial droid saying " i'm taking the prisoners to be imprisoned in the prison" . LAME! Pathetic!

Umm is Disney making the SW movies too? Cause they really look like parodies .

1. When man goes to live a simple life, he won't care anymore.

2. If kill Krennic -> husband saved. A better aim would have helped a lot, though.

3. Perhaps designers don't just do that? With projects this big, this could be very probable.

4. Can't have too many jedis here, it'd've undered* Luke and co.

5. Where would you imprison your prisoners, then?

*) Apparently not a proper word, but it serves its purpose.

1. When man goes to live a simple life, he won't care anymore.

2. If kill Krennic -> husband saved. A better aim would have helped a lot, though.

3. Perhaps designers don't just do that? With projects this big, this could be very probable.

4. Can't have too many jedis here, it'd've undered* Luke and co.

5. Where would you imprison your prisoners, then?

*) Apparently not a proper word, but it serves its purpose.

LOL what a troll! Simple life = dirty as a pig? BLEAH !

Lyra= mentally ill

Vader killing some poor soldiers, really? LAME.

No jedi vs sith conflict? why not?

LOL what a troll! Simple life = dirty as a pig? BLEAH !

Lyra= mentally ill

Vader killing some poor soldiers, really? LAME.

No jedi vs sith conflict? why not?

Have you ever lived in a rural environment? been in a rural environment? You know not everyone lives in the obnoxiously sterilized environs of hand sanitizers and disinfectant wipes. Not everyone wants to.

And calling someone a troll for disagreeing with you is simply foolish and immature. Not to mention a notable lack of vocabulary.

And calling someone a troll for disagreeing with you is simply foolish and immature. Not to mention a notable lack of vocabulary.

Give this person a cookie!

Not to mention that this is INCREDIBLY rude!

Lyra= mentally ill

Not cool, brah

But yeah, Rogue One did its job, IF you watch it correctly. It was purely the story about the moments UP UNTIL C3PO and R2 escaped to Tatooine with the plans for the Death Star. I actually thought it was neat how everyone ended up dying because after all, that's how legends are made!

Edited by TyonYlle

I thought Rogue One was great, better re-watch value than FA, but am open to critics. However,

1. How does this make it not SW or bad in general?

2. Not making rational decisions in moments like that is kinda normal. Would you want all your life to think you might have been able to kill Krennic and stopped it all?

3. From what I understand he was under high supervision, might have been possible anyway but the goal of the movie was to justify the weakness of the Death Star and lead on to ANH. Their narrative was kinda needing to hold on to that, to make it a SW movie.

4. No. In respect to the SW universe he could not have been. A duel with Darth Vader makes no sense (and lore wise if he was even close to Vader in skill enough to make a duel interesting that would make even less sense). Vader's presence was good: limited and epic.

5. Don't remember the exact quote, but how is this lame? This is classic SW droid awkward social interaction (bad at improvising C3-P0 kinda thing). Not SW if there are no droids to laugh at.

3. From what I understand he was under high supervision.

This is almost guaranteed! I think, it would be less unlikely that they wouldn't be watching his every move, and a little naive to think that he would of had any time when he wasn't being monitored.

Edited by TyonYlle

Really? The only thing i rewatch is the Vader scene in Youtube.

I thought the film got good when they first started invading the communication tower, the space scenes and the scenes leading up to vadar were all pretty impactful and made the movie very good.

Otherwise I agree with you, the first 3/4 of the movie I found sadly forgettable.

Umm is Disney making the SW movies too? Cause they really look like parodies .

is this an honest question? because yes, Disney is making the SW movies. and they are in far better hands then they were in George Lucas'. Rouge One was the best start wars film to date. Everyone dying was a huge bonus! and the attention to detail and overall tie in to the whole sage was beyond well done.

Just a general point to make here really; It's a good thing that the Franchise getting bigger, there's no rule as a Star Wars Fan that says that you have to like everything being done, so there should be stuff coming out that would suit every taste. And Movies, Television shows, books, comics, they are all considered artforms, and as such the beholder determine its beauty and value.

I just don't recommend anyone to stare at art they consider Bad for too long though . . .;)

I actually enjoyed rogue one a lot. I liked the darker side of the rebels (cassian murdering his informant etc.) Kind of reminded me of the han solo shot first issue and solo's questionable morality. I enjoyed the story more than force awakens.

Ashur

I actually enjoyed rogue one a lot. I liked the darker side of the rebels (cassian murdering his informant etc.) Kind of reminded me of the han solo shot first issue and solo's questionable morality. I enjoyed the story more than force awakens.

Ashur

Same. It's my favorite Star Wars movie so far. I actually found TFA to be utterly disappointing. I watched it once and never watched it again. Rogue One I can watch again and again.

i didn't think much of the film, the droid companion felt more like a decoration than a fitting companion on the journey.

similar to Worf was on TNG, just a decoration in the corner with no real purpose until season 2 and beyond. i felt the character had enough potential to be seen a few more times, but like all the rest, it was destroyed by stormtroopers that can actually shoot straight! :D.

the female lead didn't have enough personality or presence to be leading the group honestly. the right type of person is the one who knows how to inspire their fellow man to join them of a suicide mission. i don't mean to the point of commander shepard on ME vs reapers :D, but enough to get everyone fired up enough to do the job and to follow her.

the blind dude i swear is a jedi and an exiled one at that but has no lightsaber, probably to protect himself from being identified. i know blind people can learn to adapt around their condition and sharpen their senses a bit, but that fighting scene was a bit over the top for a regular blind man, he had to adapt to use the force to "see" his targets and "feel" when they are about the strike.

the other guy with him, the one with the gun, he is similar to the droid, another plant in a corner looking pretty but not much to him than that. another character with potential wasted.

that courier, the asian guy? i felt his character wasn't used enough in the film, i could see a lot of potential but like the rest,, KIA.

finally that republic spy guy, adding too much complexity made it hard to follow what he was doing, consequently it felt like i was missing chunks of storyline that never existed. i'm not sure whatto make of him as a result.

the blind dude i swear is a jedi and an exiled one at that but has no lightsaber, probably to protect himself from being identified. i know blind people can learn to adapt around their condition and sharpen their senses a bit, but that fighting scene was a bit over the top for a regular blind man, he had to adapt to use the force to "see" his targets and "feel" when they are about the strike.

I completely buy Donnie Yen being able to do all of that without the Force.

I honestly was really liking the movie... until the end. I started to dislike it when everybody started getting killed for no reason...

I get a little misty-eyed thinking of each person's personal sacrifice throughout the finale and how if even one of them had failed there would be no IV, V, VI and beyond. I thought each moment was very powerful when you think of it that way. Even those soldiers who get murtilated by Vader did their part. All of it without thought of personal gain or even living past that moment. :(:(:(

I get a little misty-eyed thinking of each person's personal sacrifice throughout the finale and how if even one of them had failed there would be no IV, V, VI and beyond. I thought each moment was very powerful when you think of it that way. Even those soldiers who get murtilated by Vader did their part. All of it without thought of personal gain or even living past that moment. :(:(:(

The re-programmed droid sacrificing itself is understandable, HK-55 did the same. The young woman and the young man dying, not so much. I've seen the movie two days ago and - forgive me for this - i was hoping for a happy ending :(

The re-programmed droid sacrificing itself is understandable, HK-55 did the same. The young woman and the young man dying, not so much. I've seen the movie two days ago and - forgive me for this - i was hoping for a happy ending :(

Sure, but how would they have escaped the DS and/or Vader? I think the way it unfolded added dramatic weight and made it a better movie than just another Star Wars movie, and was a really great illustration of non-force-using rebels fighting and winning against hopelessly stacked odds with more/better technology, numbers, and power. It's actually a pretty similar situation with A New Hope. A small squadron of X-wings somehow evades all the Death Star's vastly superior defenses and, even through many losses of life and against all odds, still succeeds. However, they had a little help from the Force, something the rebels in Rogue One did not have on their side.

Personally I enjoyed Rogue One. I rated it a 6/10. The only reason I rated it a 6, is because it felt like they were pushing us from one action scene to the next with not as much story as a Star Wars movie should have. As a pure non star wars action movie I'd have rated it an 8/10.

As for TFA. I rated it as a 2/10. I thought the acting was mediocre, it felt like the ending with the 3rd Death Star was terrible. (if they needed to rescue Rey, taking her to a Star Destroyer would have been better then rehashing another death star. especially one that shoots a laser through hyperspace to hit multiple planets at the same time. (like they'd have the perfect location in space to hit every planet without having any Gravitational bodies (suns, other planets, Meteors) to get in the way). And last but not least the terrible way Rey seemed to always get new powers without any training at all. (It took Luke years to learn what she did, and he had obi-won, and yoda helping teach him).

TFA is the WORST SW film so far.

Edited by Toraak