Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Vanguard/Shield spec

Aaoogaa
12.14.2011 , 05:17 PM | #11
Quote: Originally Posted by icantbebigwill View Post
Maybe someone can help me out.

I'm currently playing a Vanguard, just about to hit level 15 and I feel terribly weak compared to just about everything I fight. I don't know if it's me just not having the class down yet or if vanguard is a late bloomer but I'm getting stomped repeatedly.

Any suggestions?
At 15 you are going to lack the skills necessary. I didn't really enjoy Vanguard PVP until mid 30s. Very little tank oriented gear is avaliable before then. Trust me when I say it is worth the wait. The struggle will help you become a better player so when you gear comes in you will do well.
-I would rather pay for a great game than play a poor game for free.
-Viable and worthwhile are not the same when it comes to class design.
55 Commando - 50 Gunslinger - 50 Guardian
Beta tester...loved the game, hate what it has become.

boothek
12.14.2011 , 07:37 PM | #12
Why did you not max out Aim???

Aaoogaa
12.14.2011 , 07:46 PM | #13
I wanted to have 31 points in shield spec and then get to powered armor in tactics for the DR. The aim just didn't fit what I wanted at that time. If I got to the point where I was main tanking for raids I would probably respec to it. At lower level it is meh, at higher levels it starts to make a difference...even more so for DPS that has higher aim stats on their level 50 gear. Nice thing about the skills system is that we can have variation and still feel effective. There really is no perfect spec at this time.

Edit - Could probably stick the points from heavy stock and blaster augs into aim and have better effect at level 50. Was just personal preference. I wanted stock strike to hit as hard as possible. Was able to get as high as 2.6k stock strike crits.
-I would rather pay for a great game than play a poor game for free.
-Viable and worthwhile are not the same when it comes to class design.
55 Commando - 50 Gunslinger - 50 Guardian
Beta tester...loved the game, hate what it has become.

Defari
12.18.2011 , 07:47 AM | #14
thanks for the guide, very helpful

Cheers, Brumak - Trooper Vanguard
DaoC / Wächter des alten Reiches (Lyo/Alb)
----------------------------------------
Defari - Infiltrator - Lyo/Alb (iR)
Lelaur - Pole Arms- Lyo/Alb (iR)Spit - Firewiz - Lyo/Alb (iR)

Evenflow
12.18.2011 , 07:24 PM | #15
Endurance seems to be a big stat for tank troopers but I saw you went with heavy stock/blaster augs over soldier's endurance. Did you feel the extra 3% of endurance wasn't worth while? Would the extra damage by your skills impact your tanking ability (I'm coming from a healer in other MMOs so more health is better from my point of view). Thank you for this guide. It's certainly helpful.

shallowsky
12.18.2011 , 07:25 PM | #16
What kind of rotation are you using?