Galaxies : An Empired Remembered (New Book out now celebrating SWG)

Darka

Many of us who played TOR had at some stage played Star Wars Galaxies.

You may be aware that recently its been the 15th Anniversary since it launched and around 7 years since it closed now. And to celebrate the old game someone has been putting together a book to remember the game by.

Check it out.

http://Http://www.galaxiesthebook.com

And on social media as @GalaxiesTheBook

They are also running a but of a campaign to get people sharing old pics, moments and memories under #StarWarsGalaxies15 so do feel free to join in there.

And if you never played and are interested. Still check out the book!

• 4 weeks later...
Many of us who played TOR had at some stage played Star Wars Galaxies.

You may be aware that recently its been the 15th Anniversary since it launched and around 7 years since it closed now. And to celebrate the old game someone has been putting together a book to remember the game by.

Check it out.

http://Http://www.galaxiesthebook.com

And on social media as @GalaxiesTheBook

They are also running a but of a campaign to get people sharing old pics, moments and memories under #StarWarsGalaxies15 so do feel free to join in there.

And if you never played and are interested. Still check out the book!

I love the cover art. That comp armor is great!

Scientifically wrong. Stop smoking herbs, it’s not the 70’s anymore.

You're the one smoking herbs friend. Gameplay wasn't all that polished and well decisions by the developer...not exactly the smartest ideas ever.

You're the one smoking herbs friend. Gameplay wasn't all that polished and well decisions by the developer...not exactly the smartest ideas ever.

You replied to my initial subjective statement with an attempt to disprove subjectivity with objectivity.

This has always been a fool’s errand and is commonly something that internet warriors and Neil deGrasse Tyson fanboys do.

But you can’t disprove somebody’s preference. It is a phallacy in itself. My love for a game I spent an enormous time enjoying every second in, which was massively more fun than TOR regardless of combat feel, will not be disproved by your comment on playability.

The idea itself is ridiculous. Go to the corner of shame.

You replied to my initial subjective statement with an attempt to disprove subjectivity with objectivity.

This has always been a fool’s errand and is commonly something that internet warriors and Neil deGrasse Tyson fanboys do.

But you can’t disprove somebody’s preference. It is a phallacy in itself. My love for a game I spent an enormous time enjoying every second in, which was massively more fun than TOR regardless of combat feel, will not be disproved by your comment on playability.

Where did I say people did not enjoy it? Or couldn't? All I said the state or quality of the game was not up to top form as some other games.

That is all I said. Now where in the name of hell did I say you couldn't enjoy it? Hmm? Explain it to me Lucy.

You made a subjective comment wrapped up to appear objective and absolute ("Scientifically wrong"), bordering on the self-righteous.

"I disagree" is a much more appropriate phrase.

You made a subjective comment wrapped up to appear objective and absolute ("Scientifically wrong"), bordering on the self-righteous.

"I disagree" is a much more appropriate phrase.

I am nearly always self-righteous, and I can without a shadow of doubt claim that SW:G is scientifically superior to everything ever coded.

Now wobble off to the sound of tubas. Buy the linked book and bask in the supreme glory that is the collective memory of the best game ever made. Scientifically.