Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

You have reached 3000 command tokens.....

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
You have reached 3000 command tokens.....
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Edyn
03.09.2017 , 04:11 PM | #31
Quote: Originally Posted by EricMusco View Post
It's a good opportunity to ask in this thread ... what else would you like to use Command Tokens for?
I would use them for the types of things I was previously able to purchase with Data Crystals.

grania
03.09.2017 , 04:22 PM | #32
Quote: Originally Posted by Edyn View Post
I would use them for the types of things I was previously able to purchase with Data Crystals.
^

-'--,--##

##--,--'-

Elessara
03.09.2017 , 04:28 PM | #33
Quote: Originally Posted by Costello View Post
What about light and dark tokens?

It seems they were introduced for cosmetic gear, pets, vehicles etc.

So if light and dark are for cosmetic, command tokens need to be for other gear or they end up being a second GC linked vendor that takes updates from the light and dark token vendors. As was talked about in the changes coming in 5.2 that there would be a way for players to work towards a specific set piece make it so they can be traded for unassembled components at a very high rate. So if upon reaching rank 300 someone is still missing a BIS they can work towards that piece along side PvP/OP or if they are on a server that is dead without needing to wait 4 hours for one PvP match.
I *might* agree with you IF the gear listed on the alignment vendors was the same gear that dropped in the command crates but it's not, it's completely different. Asking to be able to buy the cosmetic gear (mounts, pets, armor/weapon shells) that drops in the command crates with command tokens is not, in my opinion, unreasonable. Also, being able to buy the cosmetic gear with command tokens does not preclude being able to buy anything else with command tokens.

Clarian
03.09.2017 , 05:10 PM | #34

It's a good opportunity to ask in this thread ... what else would you like to use Command Tokens for?

-eric
I'd like to use Command Tokens to enable an option to block the DvL pop-ups.

I mean...I'd like to have that option without Command Tokens, but I'll take it any way I can get it.

Groncho
03.09.2017 , 05:10 PM | #35
Maybe we can exchange them for Cartel Coins?
That would be EXCITING, and somehow...u guys will be paying us for beeing beta testers of the THRILL OF THE HUNT
Che
LATIN LOVER

Free Transfer??=

Damask_Rose
03.09.2017 , 05:27 PM | #36

-eric
Is my memory going? I thought we were asked this very question before Command Tokens were put in and our suggestions were completely ignored.

Deewe
03.09.2017 , 05:31 PM | #37

-eric
Honest answer?
  • Get rid of RNG
-----
[HOW_TO] Mouse look toogle

kimiko_tomiyama
03.09.2017 , 07:29 PM | #38
Quote: Originally Posted by DarthDymond View Post
1 - purchase gear at a Tier below your current one, to fill in any 'gaps' in your set that are still there by the time you've moved on to a higher Tier.

2 - purchase the items from 'cosmetic items' slot in the loot table from the GC Crates.

3 - purchase Cartel Certs, correct me if I'm wrong, but I don't think there's currently any way to get them, and it would be nice to see them back in circulation somehow.
What he said...

I'd add some command related decorations to the list. I'd prefer gear, even if it's current tier-1, but at least decorations would be something.The certificates idea is really good if there is no gear.

My last thought is kind of out there, but hey you wanted ideas. How about some sort of Command related Stronghold. It could be fleet based, on Odessen, or heck replace your throne room on Oddessen base.

As it stands, I have a massive stockpile and nothing practical to spend them on.

DarthZaul
03.09.2017 , 07:35 PM | #39
Best would be buy gear directly but otherwise convert them into unassembled components at a decent rate.

Gwena
03.09.2017 , 08:29 PM | #40
Future uses for Command Tokens is something we talk about often. In fact, using them to purchase Tier 1 gear is something that has been considered internally as well.

One change that is coming in 5.2 is that the Command Boosts will work at all Command Ranks. This gives more functionality for players who are at high Ranks as they can then still use the boosts on their main character. Especially to work into Tier 4 at CR 300.

-eric
Hi Eric,

Thanks for posting! Like Damask_Rose mentioned, there was actually already a BIG thread about this exact topic a few months back, started before command tokens had been added to the game. Here's a link, in case you lost track of it:

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=906707

There are a lot of great and detailed suggestions there, I hope you will consider some of them! I'd post my ideas for more things to spend command tokens on, but, well, I already posted them in that thread.
Ecc 1:9 The thing that hath been, it is that which shall be; and that which is done is that which shall be done: and there is no new thing under the sun.
Please consider using my referral link if you are a new player or a returning subscriber! What you get and more info here.