The weird people you meet in Group Finder.

Went on my Guardian tank today, haven't been tanking with it for a while. So q'd up with a guildie for HM FP.

Everything went fine in our Cademimu run. Was fast, no wipes. We get to the mobs who have an Overload Saber (Sentinel) buff on them, which also places 3 DoTs on their target. Which happened to me. So I just keep tanking them, expecting a cleanse or so at 2 stacks of the Dots.. Dps was taking out the weak ones first, which was good. Bam, I'm dead. Noticed that I had 6 stacks of those DoTs in total before I died. Healer didn't cleanse. So I told him to cleanse when I got revived, which I got told not to "rambo" and "maybe" I would get cleansed, and that cleanse has a cool down. This is the part where I scratch my head. I stood there for 10 seconds with those DoTs on me. At the last set of mobs, I noticed I wasn't even getting cleansed. I just popped my defensive CD's at a set of mobs.

So I told the guy that I'm not going "rambo", I am tanking at my own pace. With a response "it's pissing healers off". And the guy ragequit. Literally closed the game (disconnected).

-------

I've never gotten a healer pissed off in any flashpoint with my pace of tanking. Really, never.

If you can't keep up with the tanks, make sure to ask if they can go a bit slower, NOT AT THE END, but during the beginning of the FP. This guy did not ask but TOLD me to, at the LAST SET of mobs in that FP. Which is ofcourse, too late, lol.

Some days ago I queued for a HM fp with a low geared dps (sage) I know

Me being a healer (scoundrel) we got a really quick pop, Atthis:

Heal: me

Dps: my friend (sage) and a really good commando

Tank: guardian

So after the first pull I immediately recognized the sort if guardian I had gotten used to: perfect aggro "his"mob, no aggro on the rest /sigh

But no worries, I am used to terrible tanks so it should be fine. Except..it wasn't, at the first boss moving was for noobs apparently :(

Still no wipe though.

Just before the beast of vodal I has found that:

1.the tank was terrible (gear and threat)

2.the healer and dps were crazy (yup, that's me)

3.commandos are pretty good

4.the healing was boring

It all went sort off cleanly, it could have been ok (I wouldn't even try bonus boss though) but...just before the bonus boss, there were those annoying champions, I forgot that I couldn't cc them from stealth anymore, so I pulled, I ran back to the group and fortunately the tank grabs aggro quickly.

Next pulls go smoothly and after some time me and my friend felt like some more excitement, so I ask him to pull a second champion.

Me being a healer claimed aggro within a sec, so I LoS top be able top stun him for 8 seconds or at least draw attention to it.

In my effort to LoS I fell down the side of the stairs and nearly got stuck, so once I got back up the tank was at 10%, dropping fast, he died and the mando being highest geared he got aggro (and to my surprise was easier to heal, commando tank ftw!)

But after the sage rezed the tank he was apparently angry (lol) and ran ahead to pull TWO MORE champions who attacked me immediately :( after my long survival (scoundrel ftw!) We wiped and to everyone's surprise (/sarcasm) the tank quit group?!

We got a replacement within 5 minutes with the promising guild name <the fine art of wiping> xD

It turned out he was AWESOME just plain awesome!

We finish fp (with bonus) and we had some good fun

(I feel a little sorry for the commando, he didn't deserve death)

Last night in Cade, I was harshly reprimanded by a Vanguard tank (doing an impresive good tanking by the way) for criticizing my own class (sage). He said I was doing serious damage and I replied with:

Me: “yeah, good dps’ing but crap armor”

Vang: “Hey, you can’t have everything I’ve been busting my **s for you to make the better use of your abilities right… so then dps and don’t complain about minor things that are covered by the hearler”

Later he told me that his main is a sage and the healer is one of his guildmates (his wife).

Last night I didn’t replay anymore because I’d been kicked out in a split second, but now that he’s not listening... I’m right Mr. Vanguard, sages has crap armor, there I said it again…. I can tell, my main is a sage too. You have the luck of having your wife as companion, but not everyone has that kind of luck, and, some healers don’t even know about the sages having the lightest armor in the game fact. So you end up dying time and again. It takes experienced healers to keep up with you (the tank) and the sages when bosses and adds threat is high. I only wish BW, would balance sage’s armor a little bit more. Too low score no matter how good the combination you make to level it.

Man that feels good, expressing yourself without been reprimanded. Good therapy.

-D

Had another odd group yesterday.

I queue up on my Scoundrel healer and get matched with a group in progress for Mandalorian Raiders HM. I walk in, and the group had just started. This immediately worries me, whenever a group had a healer who left at the very start of the FP. I don't ask the nagging question of why he left, so we begin to pull. I notice the Sage (dps) is wearing a mix of leveling greens and a few BH pieces, netting him just nearly 19k HP, along with quite low willpower. The Guardian (tank) was new to the FP (he stated in chat) and probably newer to tanking in general (but I applaud him, because he tried his best to learn the new things in the FP.) He was decently geared, in 66s (some blue some purple) and had about 27k HP. The Vanguard DPS knew what he was doing and was well geared. We proceed through the trash without problem until the pull in the hallway with all the dogs (ugh I hate that one.) We start off and the tank leaps to the Mandalorian ranged adds (No ccs) while the Sage and Vanguard begin to destroy the group with AoEs. The Sage (being the first to hit) pulls agro from the dogs, and I have to spam heal him to keep him alive, wasting some resources. Then the Vanguard pulls and I have to spam heal him to keep him alive. I have to devote some of my heals to the tank, whose health bar is dropping, but during that time, the Vanguard died, and I felt absolutely horrible for letting him down. The mobs agro on me next, forcing me to use my CDs, and heal myself. The Sage again gets agro (I used my agro drop) And I have to spam heal him to keep him alive. Then the guardian pulls the dogs, and I am out of resources to heal him (And myself who was at about 25% HP) so we wipe. I explain to the guard to get agro on dogs too, but during the next pull, the reverse happens, he gets the dogs, but leaves the ranged to destroy me and the Vanguard. The next time we try, we beat it though.

The last dog pull before the 1st boss, goes perfect, the tank gets all the adds on him and we breeze though it. I was surprised. We wipe the floor with the first boss, and all the trash up to the second boss, again much to my surprise. But on the boarding party, we hit a brick wall. the tank gets agro on the Inquis, but the BH and Agent are on me and eat me up, while the Warrior runs around hitting people. The squishiness of the Sage was hard to heal with here, as when I tried to drop agro, he picked it up first, and it was a nightmare trying to heal him, and I felt so bad when he died (I always blame myself whenever someone dies for whatever reason.) The Sage quits, and we get a Gunslinger replacement. With the GS we mow through the boarding party with no issues, again I was very surprised.

We then go effortlessly though the next trash until we get to Gil. We explain the fight to the Guard who gets the tactics down, but we hit enrage at 20%. I say we should just skip Gil. so we do, but almost comically, someone (Including myself) pulled Gil while we walked to the final boss. It was almost funny, except that we fought him a million times, most of which when we were not ready, but nobody dies, we just reset on the wing. We get to the turrets, and the Guardian pulls when we are not ready (GS isn't even there). And he is almost dead by the time I get back, which I try to spam heal him, again wasting my resources, when I pull agro from the second turret. I die, and we pull Gil one more time (This was the time it was my fault) And the turrets start shooting when the GS is behind a wall, they shoot THROUGH the wall, I had no idea what was up with them. We explain the final boss, and on the second jump, the boss is hit before turrets and he does the third jump, leaving the turrets to kill us. We reiterate to kill turrets first, and we breeze though the fight. I guess the weird thing was that every pull/boss was either a brick wall or a snoozefest, mechanics/gear make a huge difference.:)

A guildie and I queud for a 55hm and we got Athiss. Things were going very well.

The tank didn't loose agro and kept most mobs away from healer.

My guildie and I made sure the adds were dead before they were even close to the healer.

And the healer kept everyone alive with good healing.

For some reason the tank and heal got in a fight. They were both saying that the other had to learn how to play their character. But actually the tank was just being a big moron.

At one point the tank said somehting like "I could give you a few pointers".

I wanted to throw in a (on second thought lame) joke. So i said something like: "Please don't talk about pointers, I just took a break from c++".

The tank didn't understand so I explained

C++ is programming stuff. You can create software with it (like games).

Pointers in C++ are a cause of trouble to most programmers, especially beginners (me)

We reached the beast of vodal kresh and the tank and healer continued the fight, causing the healer to leave.

We found a new healer and while waiting the tank decided to vote a kick against me. reason was something like "learn to play, go back to your c++" or basicly anything as stupid as this.

The new healer voted yes so I got kicked. After that they kicked my guildie for being in the same guild as me.

I met many morons in groupfinder. Especially dps who queu as tank. But this guy was new to me.

Got backfilled as a tank in Mandalorian Raiders. They were after the Republic boarding party, right before the two elevators. We all jumped on the first one, but I was the only one to jump on the second elevator, so I waited down there in a safe distance to the three strong mobs.

Someone up there pulled mobs, the situation became chaotic, because I needed to wait for the elevator to get to them, but they came down, pulling the three strong mobs as well. The two DPS died, I tried to get as much aggro as possible quickly (have no aoe taunt yet), two mobs were still on the elevator, making it hard to fight them. Healer managed to keep both him and me alive.

One DPS respawns and runs back to us, second DPS just lay there writing: "Help, I am dead, heal me please". We were still in the middle of the fight...

As soon as we were finished, someone revived him and he said thanks.

I noticed he was in tank stance...

Before we engaged the last boss, I wrote in chat: "turrets first", because I already suspected he had no clue.

But of course he kept fighting the boss throughout the entire fight no matter how often we wrote turrets need to be killed first.

In the end I said: just stop healing him

DPS died... funnily, it was much smoother from then on.

He cried "help" again and healer replied: "leave me alone"

We looted, he just kept laying there, but no one felt like reviving him. He rolled need on the cunning gloves, even though he was strength based and the healer, an Operative, rolled need on them. DPS got them...

I put him on ignore after leaving the flashpoint. Last thing I read from him was: "come on! help me so I can go"

I guess he was just a pretty new player, but... in Mandalorian Raiders you should already know you can just stand up anytime and revive at a Medcenter. You should be in DPS stance...

But most of all: If you're told turrets first, kill the turrets first!

A marauder 2/3 levels higher than the tank of a group:

"I'M A BETTER TANK THAN YOU."

After about 10 mins of childish bickering, the Marauder was removed...

what is it about second saber that makes players mind corrupt.. maras, sentinels... did they all watch youtube videos of marauder soloing L55hms and though 'if he can do it, I can do it, nevermind he has 33k hp, wearing 72's min maxed, my leveling greens are just as good'

This one happened to me last week and this time it was me.

I que'd in my shadow tank (which is almos full 69) for a 50HM to get the basic comms. GF dropped me on LI which I always hesitate to do with a GF group even after all the nerfs. upon entering I asked if everyone has done it, my bro was with me and he knows it well, so I'm waiting for the reply of the other dps and the healer. Healer says he's done it but not as heals only dps, which if fine by me. Other dps(sent) stayed quite and didn't speak. After noticing he new his way around all mobs I decide he knows it. We start well, sent is moving fast but is being a good dps and always waits for me to agro the mobs even though he has like 32K health. We make it to droid and I noticed he took agro from me a couple times, we down the boss without even making it half way through room. This is when I start looking at the sent's gear and notice he has a lot of 72's but we are moving so fast I only get to look a quick glance at his gear. Right after elevator before the king kong boss I decide to keep walking while I look at the sent's gear (my main is a sent and wanted to look at how he min/max since I always learning from others dps how to improve my dps); while I'm at it I forget we have to click panel to extend bridge so I keep walking to a long and painful death, I reset and heals says to me "did you trip over your shoelaces". I laughed and told why I fell and that I was looking at sent's gear. Sent finally says something since we started FP and tell me "so now is my fault" we laughed again and finished FP without any issues. In the end here I was trying to look like a grand and important tank while everyone follows my lead, yet I do the only dumb thing anyone did during the FP.:p:D

This isn't so much a weird player but probably one of my most fun FPs. Was leveling up my OP and GF put me into The Foundry. So me, two Sith Assassains (one tank), and a powertech are matched up. Make it through the first boss no problems. Everything is going relatively smooth. Get to HK and the PT hadn't done the fight before I guess so we are a little slow on pulling up the powercore on HK but we manage through it. Now through the FP we had CC'd two packs of Elite Jedi so we could just walk by them. We get to Revan and the PT apparently fell off the side at the beginning of the fight, so its just the 3 of us. I start doing more DPS then I normally would watching my energy. It goes slow but we do kill him. Do the gear rolls waiting to start the conversation at the end.

So the three of us are chilling waiting for PT to come back. I see her and behind her are the 6 Jedi elites we skipped! :eek: I type in chat "JEDI!" we turn to go fight the PT gets killed before we make it over to her. I'm just casting heals as fast as I can using all my CD thinking the whole time "we are so dead" not one of us is above 50% health the whole time. Somehow someway we kill all six of them and I'm just laughing for the next five minutes cause I can't believe it haha. Get some compliments on my healing wish everyone well on one of the most fun FPs I've done.

This isn't so much a weird player but probably one of my most fun FPs. Was leveling up my OP and GF put me into The Foundry. So me, two Sith Assassains (one tank), and a powertech are matched up. Make it through the first boss no problems. Everything is going relatively smooth. Get to HK and the PT hadn't done the fight before I guess so we are a little slow on pulling up the powercore on HK but we manage through it. Now through the FP we had CC'd two packs of Elite Jedi so we could just walk by them. We get to Revan and the PT apparently fell off the side at the beginning of the fight, so its just the 3 of us. I start doing more DPS then I normally would watching my energy. It goes slow but we do kill him. Do the gear rolls waiting to start the conversation at the end.

So the three of us are chilling waiting for PT to come back. I see her and behind her are the 6 Jedi elites we skipped! :eek: I type in chat "JEDI!" we turn to go fight the PT gets killed before we make it over to her. I'm just casting heals as fast as I can using all my CD thinking the whole time "we are so dead" not one of us is above 50% health the whole time. Somehow someway we kill all six of them and I'm just laughing for the next five minutes cause I can't believe it haha. Get some compliments on my healing wish everyone well on one of the most fun FPs I've done.

Same things usually happens in Athiss (if someone dies on a final boss and get up). Exsept, guys in Athiss are MUCH more tough, then regular elites.

What is it with all the DPS being in tank stance lately? Had two of those today again. In Athiss SM, it was a guardian. I told him right in the beginning to please switch stances, but he claimed he wasn't in tank stance anymore.

I didn't heal him throughout the entire flashpoint, hoping he would die, but the endboss wasn't kind enough to give him his mean debuff.

He wasn't tank specced, but I was very certain he was truly in tank stance and not in DPS stance as he claimed. He pulled aggro from the tank several times (the tank wasn't a bad tank) and he taunted several times (even in boss fights).

I'm really sad he didn't die. I am just so fed up with DPS in tank stance, I see them all the time and none of them switch to DPS stance.

I asked him nicely if he knew the mechanics of the game i.e. Trinity system and if he had meant to queue as a Tank. There was no response for about a minute when he came back with, and I kid not:

"LOL I'm a jedi, not sure what game you think you're in..........DUH.....what tanks be Star WarsLOL"

I laughed so hard I actually cried.

I assume he took the word "tank" literally ?

Few days ago i pugged into a HM Hammer Station as a powertech tank - we had a nicely geared sniper, a mediocre sentinel and (judging by hp - about 24k) a newish Merc healer.

Ive guarded sniper so that i have no issues with his dps, and went on. We came to the first part with 2 golds, 2 silvers and few normal mobs (the first big pack of droids), i marked 2 droids and asked for cc, party agreed to cc them so i jump on. As to be expected it was quite a mess - sentinel broke cc's and died short after, i did my best to taunt and regain aggro but failed as every1 was attackin other stuff and we wiped.

And then healer starts raging at me for not guarding him - im like "guard had nothing to do with it we just messed up, ur a healer, and worst geared char in this group - u barely do any aggro and i prefer to have guard on sniper" , to which he replies that im noob and he does biggest aggro 2nd only to tanks - we start argueing as we go on as i really hate ppl that tell me how to do my job especially in a rude way...

We come to the first boss (droid with stacking laser debuff) and the first laser beam got stacked up to 10 - i shout for cleanse, healer replies with "GUARD!", luckily he got over himself and started cleansing afterwards so we killed boss easily.

After that healer starts crying again that he has no guard and if he dies he leaves.

I stop and say - "if you ever start stealing aggro from me, even for a second then i'll give you a guard".

We go on, and i did my very fking best not to lose aggro on a single mob in the flashpoint - hammer station mobs are extremely easy so its a no issue anyway (i think 1 normal droid managed to shoot the healer *once* the entire run, and maybe he got 1-2 hits from the boss ads at last boss, his hp never dropped below 90% ). Bonus boss was quite harsh as the healer was quite undergeared but we made it on first try.

We downed last boss without problems and im asking the healer "How's your aggro? You stole the sheet out of me without that guard, eh?"

He remains silent for 10-15 seconds and the says something like "It was the hardest FP i've ever been, i almost died few times". I sigh, and type /ignore.

Thats one of the reasons there aren't that many tanks pugging - we usually are blamed for everything. There are many others, but i personally dont usually have problems with trigger-happy derp dps's - im geared and skilled enough to handle almost anything any HM flashpoint can throw at me if i get some heals. What i do have problems with is rude, all-knowing players who hate on all other teammembers for not doing stuff the way they like.

And then healer starts raging at me for not guarding him - im like "guard had nothing to do with it we just messed up, ur a healer, and worst geared char in this group - u barely do any aggro and i prefer to have guard on sniper" , to which he replies that im noob and he does biggest aggro 2nd only to tanks.

I used to be a bit like that when I started Healing FP's, without the arguing (and name-calling) though, until a kind tank told me how guard works :p, now, everytime I'm not the highest lvled and geared player (AKA: almost always) and the tank puts his guard on me, I respond by right-clicking the buff en telling the tank to put it one of the dps's and if they give me the guard again? I just remove it again, until they get the message and put it on one of the dps's :D

I used to be a bit like that when I started Healing FP's, without the arguing (and name-calling) though, until a kind tank told me how guard works :p, now, everytime I'm not the highest lvled and geared player (AKA: almost always) and the tank puts his guard on me, I respond by right-clicking the buff en telling the tank to put it one of the dps's and if they give me the guard again? I just remove it again, until they get the message and put it on one of the dps's :D

Oh thank bog I'm not the only one that does that :) I just imagine this bewildered tank wondering why his guard dropped off again barely 2s after he put on the squishy healer. And again. And again.

Oh thank bog I'm not the only one that does that :) I just imagine this bewildered tank wondering why his guard dropped off again barely 2s after he put on the squishy healer. And again. And again.

dunno why it bothers you, I never drop a guard... it's tanks decision who he wants to guard. if he guards you, it can only mean, he's not sure who will draw aggro from him more, and preffers to put guard atleast on one person, then on noone.

Don't tell tank how to tank and he won't tell you how to heal.

that's what I do on my tank, if dps are not super geared, or equally good geared, I preffer to start with guard on healer, as I don't know how dps will act, and then change guard accordingly to situation.

Edited by Atramar

Had a couple interesting ones recently...

First, in HM Hammer Station: A DPS who, despite being somewhat decently geared for the flashpoint, apparently hadn't trained all their skills. We wiped at Sugar Smacks (the frog bonus boss) due to enrage and, upon returning from rez, the DPS asked if anyone had a Hutt statue so they could "train some more levels" before trying again. I dropped mine and then we proceeded to down the frog, but... seriously?!

Second, HM Cademimu, probably one of the funniest DPS pairs I have ever seen. Tank and I regularly group, and usually we like when we see both DPS are from the same guild... not this time. Two gunslingers, both decked out in 55 PVP gear. Should be fine, we thought. Just to be on the safe side, as usual, we spend the first couple group pulls doing a little CC with the dogs. Each time, I notice very little gunfire going off around me. As in... none. Tank's doing all the damage. Then, several seconds in, I finally see a Freighter Flyby. This goes on for each pull where we've done some CC, and from what I could tell the 'slingers were trading their flyby casts. Tank asks me (privately) if it was just him or if things were going slow, so I tell him what I had noticed and we agree to skip the CC and see what happens.

What happened was... suddenly no Freighter Flyby. However, not a lot of gunfire going off either. Things are going even slower. I've now noticed that one of the gunslingers (henceforth referred to as DPS 1) is not taking cover. Like, ever. I think he's throwing grenades on CD and occasionally hitting his default attack; he's not running out of energy hardly at all. I also notice he's doing a lot of running back and forth for no reason (something I had not previously noticed because he was always behind me). Pew pew pew, run run run, grenade, run run run, pew pew pew... just like that.

At this point we're at the first boss, so Tank asks if everyone knows the flashpoint. No response. A minute or two pass. Tank says, "Okaaaaay... is that a yes or a no? We're nice, we'll explain it if you need." DPS 1 says, "Ready." Tank and I have a little laugh and agree to see how it goes. Fight goes alright, despite DPS 1 almost dropping every blue circle bomb on at least one other person. I don't know if that boss enrages or not, but if he does, I'm pretty sure we cut it close.

We get to the Wookiee boss, and it's a Freighter Flyby party from both DPS as soon as the ugnaughts show up, which means they are both running around like headless chickens while the piggies eat their ankles. I've now realized that DPS 2 is going into cover and using skills, but using them veeeeeery slowly. Can't tell if she's specced heavily into Engineer (Sabotage? Middle tree) or not, but it looks like she's got some kind of hybrid build going on. Her energy levels are also barely being touched; it's almost like she is using a skill, waiting to refill, then using a skill... etc.

We tried coaxing them into a conversation where it'd be easy and polite to ask if they knew their classes well, but all we get is crickets. So, instead, Tank flat out asks them to step up their DPS if they can, because the bonus boss is no fun with low DPS. DPS 2 responds with, "We PVP, we can DPS lol." Umm... okay.

Bonus boss enrages. Tank and I manage to barely squeak out a victory without wiping, just barely; he dipped down into double digit HPs more than once at the end. Sigh... almost done though. I do what I can to politely explain that skills need to be executed faster in 55 HMs and that cover is really important for gunslingers. I even make a side-remark about how I "recently discovered" you could trade out the roll-to-cover skill for crouch on your quickbar, and you'll never end up where you don't want to be. (Not a recent discovery at all, but I was trying my best to not come off as snotty.) Still no response. I give up and cross my fingers for the rest of the run.

We get to the final boss and I can honestly say I have never had to run around the room so much. Even when it was my first time in there on HM, back when the boss was buggy as heck, and I didn't know exactly what I was doing and my own DPS/gear was crappy. I can honestly say I've never had to rez someone because they didn't move with the group (and no, I'm not talking about being stuck with shackles; I'm talking about flat out standing there going pew pew pew). And I can honestly say I've never watched someone die that way, get rezzed, and then do the same thing again. But, hey, at least he finally used cover.

Throwing down all the DPS I could muster at the end and managing to kill Ortol with a nut-kick was strangely satisfying, however.

Got my fresh Guardian to 55 at the weekend (9 calendar days from creation screen to 55 ding) and the first 50 HM I queue for on Sunday morning was Kaon Under Siege. Sage healer (55), commando DPS (53), Sentinel DPS (50), and me, Guardian 50 (wearing about 4 pieces of Black Hole I'd picked up in normal-mode D7 and False Emperor, and a smattering of BoE blue or purple guardian gear that has been sitting in various cargo holds).

After a few fights, I realise our DPS was a little low, and looking around, I see that the "DPS Commando" is actually using Combat Support Cell, and is basically using Hammer Shot, Full Auto, and Explosive Round. Oh, and he's got Trauma Probe on himself. In other words, he seems to be in full Heal spec, but he must have queued as a DPS ... I ask him why he's doing that, but I get no response, he doesn't even change the cell...

The other 3 of us, even me, are adequately geared and know enough of the tactics to cope with this guy, even though he keeps blundering into packs of trash, and standing next to the bloated plaguebearers as they're about to explode -- he dies a lot, but hey, it's all XP for me since he doesn't actually manage to wipe us, until we get to the Bonus boss (the Droid) -- who actually enrages at 20% because this guy is still using the same attacks he got prior to level 10. I've reached the end of my patience with him, and I'm about to vote-kick him when the sage, who's been very laid back so far, votes kick on "Mr DPS Commando", I think the reason was "clueless" :)

We got a gunslinger DPS as replacement, and needless to say, we easily killed the bonus as well as the last trio.

Edited by Ancaglon

Ran a lowbie Athiss as a healer where the tank imploded on the silver mobs before you even get on the lift. (Not that you even need to kill those, but ... ) I was a few paces out of range as I didn't expect him to aggro, but he just melted beyond saving.

An inspection of him revealed he had four mods in his full set of orange gear. That's four mods total, across all pieces of armor.

EDIT: RE heal on Force Wave:

At low levels, I could /maybe/ see taking it since your AoE healing options are pretty limited, and would be a bit more useful while soloing. But it could also be the start of a very bad habit.

I like it to top off between fights, and even now I use it on boss fights that I know the boss can't be knocked back. Free heals is free heals. :p But I can see why using it during trash fights is annoying, and I don't do that. Of course, I'm not max level yet either :p I would take 8% extra healing over it though ... but then I PvP.

Edited by Sarielle

dunno why it bothers you, I never drop a guard... it's tanks decision who he wants to guard. if he guards you, it can only mean, he's not sure who will draw aggro from him more, and preffers to put guard atleast on one person, then on noone.

Don't tell tank how to tank and he won't tell you how to heal.

that's what I do on my tank, if dps are not super geared, or equally good geared, I preffer to start with guard on healer, as I don't know how dps will act, and then change guard accordingly to situation.

Yup yup. I don't guard dps unless I'm ordered to on an op. If you are a dps you need to learn what to attack and how not to take excessive damage. If you are drawing agro on hard-hitting mobs you are doing it wrong.

Also if you do heals and you are not worried about catching too much agro then you simply are not healing enough, your area heals will generate life-threatening agro at times but they offer the best healing bang for the buck and you should use them often.

Yup yup. I don't guard dps unless I'm ordered to on an op. If you are a dps you need to learn what to attack and how not to take excessive damage. If you are drawing agro on hard-hitting mobs you are doing it wrong.

Also if you do heals and you are not worried about catching too much agro then you simply are not healing enough, your area heals will generate life-threatening agro at times but they offer the best healing bang for the buck and you should use them often.

In Flashpoints, Healer never pull aggro from me. I always guard the DPS with the best gear.

if my group is topped off as much as possible? I'm most certainly healing enough. and the only times I pull aggro in these situation is when the mob is not being touched by anyone else - tank OR dps. and in those cases - guard is really not much use (in pve, damage reduction is nice, but not that significant). slightly less threat on a mob that I'm the only one generating threat in - is still me being the only one generating threat. they will keep attacking me.

healing doesn't generate nearly as much aggro as dps, let alone tanking - if your healers are pulling off you without, when you are tanking? you have worse issues then healer threat.

the ONLY time I need a guard as a healer is during few very specific operations bosses OR in pvp. but that's it.

now. I don't click it off. there's really no point to it IMO. but I do make a suggestion to a tank, after enough pulls to see which dps actually needs it. I have found that a lot of tanks automatically guard a healer because they have been running with healers who demand it. it makes me very sad.