After seeing 1.2 patch notes...

seanisawake

• Replies 432
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

From the flavor of the forums( and most people are sleeping) I think you will be the minority my friend.

Honestly, As a sorc who just got nerfed. Meh, It comes and goes. If you enjoy the game a class nerf is not going to kill it for you and aside from the nerfs the rest of the patch is amazing.

This mostly.

Seriously though, now that the game is out of beta and I have a 50 then I can try and enjoy the game for another few months before BW fails and doesnt bring out any more content.

so nothing in particular just the new content?

i read over the patch notes and the only thing i'm excited about is customized ui and better looking character models, although i felt like it's the world that needs uprgaded moreso than the character models.

OH and companion gifts being stackable!! my god i've been wanting that lol. :D

seriously i have. (and no cooldown just activation 3 sec)

OH and "C2-N2 and 2V-R8 have been reprimanded and now vocalize less frequently on personal starships."

lol so i guess there is a few things afterall.

Edited by teambff

so nothing in particular just the new content?

i read over the patch notes and the only thing i'm excited about is customized ui and better looking character models, although i felt like it's the world that needs uprgaded moreso than the character models.

OH and companion gifts being stackable!! my god i've been wanting that lol. :D

Yes mostly, I enjoy the ranked bgs as well as the new UI. Lots of bug fixes are great.

Its an MMO and I have a lightsaber.. I think of it as a KOTOR 3 that brings out DLC every few months. It will never be like WoW but it fills the niche of MMO playing that consumed my high school years.

looking over it there is nothing in there that I don't like.

for my personal taste i would of liked legacy to go in a slightly different direction.

i was hoping for things like shared vaults (cargo bays), shared companions and stuff like that... more personal stuff with you and your companions.

well, what i really.. really wanted i can't expect to come in a patch update.

you can't get everything you want.

Good patch, Particularly:

-Combat log

-UI customization

-New WZ/OP/FP

-Guild Banks

Now new MMO's tend to have huge updates like this in there infancy, question will be is IF they can push this much stuff out EVERY 6-8 weeks. If they do, expect a year from now the population to be doubled.

I finally got back into the game, found a class I liked, merc and they go and nerf damage/healing.

Top notch team bioware, top notch balancing. :rolleyes: And with that im not subbing again.

Edited by Liberate

I finally got back into the game, found a class I liked, merc and they go and nerf damage/healing.

Top notch team bioware, top notch balancing. :rolleyes: And with that im not subbing again.

And... You expected differently? Find a class you like, it gets nerfed. Such is life.

Unless you deliberately take a liking to underpowered classes. That is another story...

I have a merc. It's my PVP alt because it's so damn cheap to use and dominate with. Sorry but the merc should be nerfed. Also, to be more accurate, I read about it and the nerf is meant to make the tracer missile less desirable to spam, or so they said. Also, there are dual specs on the way, so if that is the only reason you are cancelling, the extra spec will give you the opportunity to try out some new things and you may find a spec that you like just as much or more.

Nevertheless, I'm cancelling too, but for other reasons. Still have 46 days left, but I doubt I'll even give 1.2 a chance. Maybe I'll give Star Wars another chance after 1.4 or so, but right now what I want isn't here, and it's not coming in 1.2. Before I return, I'm going to try out Guild Wars 2 and see how it stacks up.

Edited by DJunior

Yeah nice change for some, just to bad the patch killed the AC commando and mercenary.

From now on the only AC viable in 1 vs 1 will be assassin/shadow sentinel/marauder.

Mele is now truly king of TOR.

And they still failed hard on removing biochem as a must have biochem heal packs to use.

Also the nerf to healing is just sad.Doesnt matter, little future for tor pvp anyways.

Edited by Lord_Karsk

Just reading the PTS forums is hilarious. BH and Sorc tears are freely flowing, careful you may get swept away. BH post-OMG its over, end of the game, BH is no longer viable healer, dps is screwed. Sorc post- OMG its over, end of the game, Sorc is no longer viable healer, dps is screwed.

Just too funny.

Overall, I like what I read in the patch notes.

From playing MMOs I know that classes will be nerfed from time to time and being that I have a BH, Sorc and some of the other classes it is upsetting but it is part of the business. All MMOs nerf classes from time to time so I will adapt and deal with it.

Looking forward to the changes. I am not on the PTS, but I might just set it up just so I can test out some of these changes.

I have a merc. It's my PVP alt because it's so damn cheap to use and dominate with. Sorry but the merc should be nerfed. Also, to be more accurate, I read about it and the nerf is meant to make the tracer missile less desirable to spam. Also, there are dual specs on the way, so if that is the only reason you are cancelling, the extra spec will give you the opportunity to try out some new things and you may find a spec that you like just as much or more.

Nevertheless, I'm cancelling too, but for other reasons. Still have 46 days left, but I doubt I'll even give 1.2 a chance. Maybe I'll give Star Wars another chance after 1.4 or so, but right now what I want isn't here, and it's not coming in 1.2. Before I return, I'm going to try out Guild Wars 2 and see how it stacks up.

appreciate the post, and your insight. Ill be going to GW2 as well

Edited by Liberate

What people fail to realize is that *psst* Mercs aren't really getting nerfed in the DPS department. HSM hits 10% harder and Barrage can proc more often. I'd trade that for 10% dmg loss on TM any day of the week lol.

And so the FOTM whining begins.

Yup, the sky is falling! The end of days is coming! Quick get your tin-foil hats.

Its sad that people have to constently complain when their class gets changes or as they say nerfs, makes me wonder why they even play MMOs since all MMOs make class changes over time.

The patch notes are amazing with nearly something for everyone in any aspect.

I hope to see more positive threads tomorrow when everyone wakes up, because I find it hard to believe people would be that unhappy with the patch notes.***

***not including those who complain no matter what :p those you cant help... there will always be those people.