So. Ninjas yea?

forget about mod ripping.

You can't forget about mod ripping. It's an essential aspect to gearing out your character. Especially if you play a tank. Which is one of the key issues that crops up in the ninja loot threads you've participated in.

You seem to think main stat is the all important aspect of a piece of gear. But it isn't.

I play an assassin tank. There's been tons of Willpower items drop in flashpoints I've done while levelling up. I passed on them. Why? Willpower is only a part of the equation for building my tank out. I need better enhancements than the ones offered by the commendations vendors. Which means I need to craft em, buy em on the GTN, or mod rip.

Luckily those days are far behind my Assassin tank, as he finally level capped. But wait, there's more fun! At level cap, the best thing to do for gear is to spend those comms on the boots and mod rip to replace the comms on the other slots!

So no, let's not forget about mod ripping. You keep offering up a "solution" to ninja looting that pigeonholes tanks into making gear rolls that are punitive for them. My assassin tank never needed those moddable robes with willpiower and crit on it. So I would pass, pass, pass, pass and pass. But your system wants to lock me into only being able to improve through that kind of gear and leave me out of the ability to even consider rolling for an item that has a +Defense mod in it because it's a heavy armor piece with Aim on it. Even though the only heavy armor wearing peeps in the group at the time might be a gunnery commando and a DPS Knight. (The next tank I level up is probably going to be a shadow tank, so this is the kind of group I may end up in. And for even more fun, the willpower gear should be passed on cause there's a high chance the other member of the group is a Sage healer that does value the willpower stat and crit for healing more than I do as a tank).

And then there's Dual Spec! Where those folks can claim that they need it for offspec.

So the robe wearing assassin tank ends up having to essentially roll on the willpower/crit stuff. Do nothing but maybe sell that.

So yeah, sorry, I'm just not keen on forgetting about mod ripping.

Edited by SnoggyMack

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So yeah, sorry, I'm just not keen on forgetting about mod ripping.

Then this game must be paradise for you since you at the moment can take whatever loot that drops. We would only play one time together if we met since I would put you on ignore if you needed on items that are designed for other classes.

Do you take other classes columni/rakata items aswell?

Your posts motivates me even more to write here why a better lootsystem really is needed

Edited by Icestar

As a new player in this game Id like to point out a few things.

First, yes it is possible to go up to level 30 or more and not know what greed vs need is for.I actually thought at first that need meant that you wanted the item but not that bad and greed meant you REALLY REALLY wanted the item... If you dont run that many flashpoints or heroics, for any reason and they can be many: the time it takes for DPS to find a group (some people just dont have the time to wait or just dont feel like it), the preference of a player to play by himself prefering the solo quests, a player may feel discouraged to play flashpoinrts or group with other players in the presence of so many rules by the so called '' long time players''.

A lot of people im sure make ''mistakes'' because they are new and dont know all the ',rules '' imposed by the more seasonned players. But all those rules are not from Bioware, they are those players that feel that this or that item should be theirs by right of class... In a sense yes that piece of equipement is meant to be used by that particular class but all toons have companions and those companions use equipement too, I dont see why you strictly have to loot for your toon??? The greed option has been specifically designed for that reason... Need for yourself and greed for your toon, but even if one would roll need for himself I dont see that much of a problem, the option is there and everyone is free to do as he likes to deny it is only to be seeking an addition of conflict in the idea that all should abide to your sophistic views... Just run the flashpoint again and then you might get the item, after level 50 thats all youll be doing anyway, run the same flashpoints over and over again.. Some people will complain that it will then take more time but what are you in the hurry for?

Personnaly I play to have fun, theres nothing I hate more than having to rush through a flashpoint and hearing people tell me to press the ''space bar'' because they have run this flashpoint so many times now, im sorry for me the story is the fun... Unfortunatly mostm of the time people run through the flashpoint like it was a torture, most of the time I get the feeling like it is a pain for everyone else to do this and I always ask myself why are these people playing? It almost seems like they are working instead...

As a new player in this game Id like to point out a few things.

First, yes it is possible to go up to level 30 or more and not know what greed vs need is for.I actually thought at first that need meant that you wanted the item but not that bad and greed meant you REALLY REALLY wanted the item...

One good reason for implementing a common sense lootsystem

If you dont run that many flashpoints or heroics, for any reason and they can be many: the time it takes for DPS to find a group (some people just dont have the time to wait or just dont feel like it), the preference of a player to play by himself prefering the solo quests, a player may feel discouraged to play flashpoinrts or group with other players in the presence of so many rules by the so called '' long time players''.

Second good reason to implement a common sense lootsystem. It will be safer not to end up on other players ignorelists without knowing why.

A lot of people im sure make ''mistakes'' because they are new and dont know all the ',rules '' imposed by the more seasonned players. But all those rules are not from Bioware, they are those players that feel that this or that item should be theirs by right of class...

If they take a item that is right by their class it is not ninjalooting.

In a sense yes that piece of equipement is meant to be used by that particular class but all toons have companions and those companions use equipement too, I dont see why you strictly have to loot for your toon??? The greed option has been specifically designed for that reason... Need for yourself and greed for your toon

To use need for the character and greed for companions is what I call common sense but many does not feel that way since they think every item belongs to them.

but even if one would roll need for himself I dont see that much of a problem, the option is there and everyone is free to do as he likes to deny it is only to be seeking an addition of conflict in the idea that all should abide to your sophistic views... Just run the flashpoint again and then you might get the item, after level 50 thats all youll be doing anyway, run the same flashpoints over and over again.. Some people will complain that it will then take more time but what are you in the hurry for?

That is a new players view, I respect that and awaits until you are there for the 100th time with alts and lose needrolls to players that cant even use the item.

Personnaly I play to have fun, theres nothing I hate more than having to rush through a flashpoint and hearing people tell me to press the ''space bar'' because they have run this flashpoint so many times now, im sorry for me the story is the fun... Unfortunatly mostm of the time people run through the flashpoint like it was a torture, most of the time I get the feeling like it is a pain for everyone else to do this and I always ask myself why are these people playing? It almost seems like they are working instead...

I play to have fun aswell and running a flashpoint over and over again only because someone wants to sell the items that drops for almost no credits at all is not fun.

There are a lot of like-minded individuals out there who think (properly, I might add) that you only "need" on things that you actually ... need ... hence the roll type itself being appropriately titled... Pass when someone else in your group has the corresponding main-spec for an item, then greed everything else.

To limit your exposure to loot ninjas, I suggest joining/starting a guild. Sure, it will take a bit of time to get up and going, but once you start running content and don't have to worry about loot distribution, you'll be glad you did it. From that point on, you'll be running fp/op content with people who won't need-roll for companions/off-spec/GTN. :cool:

Eh, I kinda wish they would just do away with "loot" and have bosses/chests drop a currency to buy all the gear you want currently found in FPs/Ops from vendors. Have a vendor for each FP/OP, including the lowbie FPs and just let us buy the gear.

Heck they kinda do that to a small degree with the "Specialty Vendor" on DK/Coru that sells the weapons from the first FP for comms. Might as well let us buy the orange gear we want from them too.

No "loot", no ninjas.

Edited by Baptes

There are a lot of like-minded individuals out there who think (properly, I might add) that you only "need" on things that you actually ... need ... hence the roll type itself being appropriately titled... Pass when someone else in your group has the corresponding main-spec for an item, then greed everything else.

Yes there are many players that think the way we do but a common sense lootsystem will help those that does not understand how need/greed/pass works.

To limit your exposure to loot ninjas, I suggest joining/starting a guild. Sure, it will take a bit of time to get up and going, but once you start running content and don't have to worry about loot distribution, you'll be glad you did it. From that point on, you'll be running fp/op content with people who won't need-roll for companions/off-spec/GTN. :cool:

To find/create a guild that runs all kinds of flashpoints at all times is almost impossible nowdays.

Groupfinder is still the easiest option to find players within the same levelrange.

Edited by Icestar