Class with most survivability?

Eyeskream

Came back to the game and starting fresh. Was curious about which class has the most survivability in terms in of pvp. Was thinking of going as a jedi sage because i figured healing would be the best survivability tool, but knowing that they dont use their saber at all turns me off.

Came back to the game and starting fresh. Was curious about which class has the most survivability in terms in of pvp. Was thinking of going as a jedi sage because i figured healing would be the best survivability tool, but knowing that they dont use their saber at all turns me off.

As a dedicated pvper myself who has had a main Sorc/Sage from the beginning, I can say they are under performing in dps.

If you want to play a healer, then a Sage/Sorc is one of the best.

If you want to dps, choose another class because you won’t ever be able to kill anything in a 1v1 situation (against good players). Sage/Sorc dps is basically a utility class now because Bioware won’t buff them.

If you want the hardest to kill (survivability) ranged (best DCDs) , then choose a Merc/commando or a Sniper/gunslinger . Both are hard to kill and do a lot more damage than a Sorc.

If you like melee and want a good health pool and hard to kill with an ok-good dps option, then choose a Jugg/Guardian.

In objective pvp they do really well and it’s what I’ve mainly been playing since Sorc dps is so bad.

If you want the best dps output melee at the moment, pick a Mara/Sentinel. They do a lot of damage and have some good DCDs. The only thing they lack is a self heal type utility while in combat. They are the only class that doesn’t have this. So once you are engaged, if you don’t have a healer, make sure you kill your opponents or escape.

If stealth is more your style, then operatives are the best 1v1 class in the game, but not in a big fight. If you can pick your target and get them alone, you should win. They also offer a great utility role to the team because they are damn hard to kill and make awesome guards in objective pvp.

Assassins are also good guards, but a little bit weak on the dps side at the moment. They are still viable as a stealth class because they have good survivability and are better in a group fight than an operative (IMO).

Don’t bother with a Powertech/Vanguard unless you are a pvp genius. They are worse than dps Sorc at the moment and regarded as the worst to play by most.

If you are planning on doing ranked. These are the most viable classes

1. Merc

2. Sorc heals

3. Sniper

4. Mara

All other classes can be used in group ranked. But the ones above are considered the best for solo ranked and ranked over all.

I get the feeling from your post that you want a light sabre wielding class. If that’s the case, I would go with a Jugg or Mara

Edited by Totemdancer