Hard Mode Drops

Hello all. Im new 2 this but am learning daily and find this game to be fantastic. Ive been waiting for a game like this my entire life( 41 years lol). Im finding 99% of peeps to be very helpful and nice folks in general.

Ok so my question is on HM FPs are the columi drops for my guy specifically(sage), random or do they drop repeatedly. Ive got multiple drops for others(Jedi knight/sith pants and chst pieces). Those r useless as cant even trade them at fleet for my class Columi vender.

So is it just run the FP until i get the one unassembled for me or im confused?

ps- my ingame is Macjedi and i really appreciate all the help from u peeps with a newb like me!!!

The drops are random. If you can use the loot that drops for yourself and it is an upgrade you press the need button. If it isn't, you either pass or click greed, since there are probably others who need it. You will have to run them a lot if you want to get all the gear you need.

The drops are random. If you can use the loot that drops for yourself and it is an upgrade you press the need button. If it isn't, you either pass or click greed, since there are probably others who need it. You will have to run them a lot if you want to get all the gear you need.

Thank you. Yes i got the need/greed thing figured out. Those drops i got for others becuse( nobody wanted/ my mistake) and i took em. I now know that these do me nothing so ill pass.

Thank u for clearing me up about the randomness.

Thank you. Yes i got the need/greed thing figured out. Those drops i got for others becuse( nobody wanted/ my mistake) and i took em. I now know that these do me nothing so ill pass.

Thank u for clearing me up about the randomness.

Well, you can always use them for your companion. If the last boss drops something I could use for the companion I always use while doing dailies, I click greed, otherwise I just pass. :)

(Well, only since recently since I used to greed on everything until I had a bit of gear for companions I don't use which is kind of a waste.)

The drops are random.

Not exactly. When it comes to the columi drops a given flashpoint will always drop an item of a particular slot. For example, False Emperor Hard Mode always drops a columi chest piece after the final boss while the Battle of Ilum always drops the offhand. That way, if you want a full columi set, you have to run all the FPs, and not just do the same one over and over again.

The class for which the item is designated, however, is random as Abokado said. You should definitely not be Needing on items that are not for your class - that's a good way to get yourself on a lot of people's ignore lists. Greeding on it is ok, though, and you might get items for your companions or to sell if nobody else in the group needs on it.

The class for which a Columi piece drops is NOT random. It's based on the composition of your group. Roll with four Consulars and you will always get the loot you want. ;) (1 tank shadow, 1 sage healer, 1 dps shadow, 1 dps sage - totally plausible!)

It's based on the composition group.
This really clears it for me thanx. Based on whos in group.

And I nvr need unless its upgrade 4 my guy. I always ask and peeps always say np.

Also I now understand that to progress u can just change existing gear with higher lvl mods. I see many peeps use orange gear with high lvl mods/augs. So r the 136+ mods sold at Mission Support Venders and drops from tier 2?

Edited by mcslack

take the columi or rakata drops if they are upgrades for you, but you don't really need to worry about trying to acquire a full set of these from the hard mode FPs. Basically these sets are just a brief holdover until you get a set of blackhole/campaign gear, which you can get fairly quickly and easily

If you play regularly, like on a daily basis, it won't take you long to accumulate enough Blackhole comms to get a full set of BH gear. And then once you have a full set of gear, you can continue to improve it a little by adding Campaign armorings to the armor pieces that need them.

Just focus on getting these done as a priority during your play time:

1. HM flashpoint daily (be sure all FPs are selected in the Group Finder and that it says "daily reward available")

2. Black Hole weekly

3. Section X weekly

4. Story Mode Ops (EV and KP) - you do these each once a week, and I think you have to do them on separate days. again, do this through the Group Finder

5. Rakghoul Weekly - pick up this quest from the mission terminal and it requires you to complete HM Kaon and HM Lost Island. Lost Island is harder than other HMs so it's a toss-up on how good your group is, a lot of groups fail so learn the bosses and be willing to queue up for it multiple times to find a good group (or just run with you guild)

6. HM EV or HM KP - there is a weekly quest at the mission terminal for this and doesn't require a full run. the quest is to make "significant progress" in the op, which just entails killing the first couple of bosses. you can't queue up for this through the Group Finder, so you'll have to hang out on fleet looking for the raid or if your guild runs this then you're in luck

There's more raids you can run to get the BH comms, but they are higher difficulty and may require that you already have good gear. in my opinion, what I listed above is easy to do and is competely do-able with a mix of lower level 50 gear or War Hero pvp gear. If you do most or all of the above, you should be getting around 60+ BH comms (not sure on exact amounts) per week