Ebon Hawk Advanced * 26/27 Craftable List

Decipere

• Replies 235
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

4 million is an retarded amount of money for a tip talk about greed with 5 huge stars

If you think its too much, why dont you get 7 others and go clear HM TfB, drop biochem, power artifice for a 20% chance to learn a hilt (and never be able to switch professions again).

4 million seems perfectly reasonable to me considering how hard hilts are to get. If anything, the price should be higher.

If you think its too much, why dont you get 7 others and go clear HM TfB, drop biochem, power artifice for a 20% chance to learn a hilt (and never be able to switch professions again).

4 million seems perfectly reasonable to me considering how hard hilts are to get. If anything, the price should be higher.

I only really lurk here, but figured I'd say my 2 credits then go back to lurking.

Anyway, if 4 million is reasonable, then why are there crafters doing a resolve hilt 27 for free + materials? Wouldn't it be just as hard to get as a schematic? Same with the 27 barrels. To be honest, I have done very few ops but my understanding is it's a very similar procedure to get the other hilt and barrel schematics.

(As an aside, "dropping biochem" to PL Artifice just for a CHANCE to make a hilt is the player's choice. What if you had a guy whom was an artificer from day one in your OPS, he didn't have that expense. Sure he still has only a 20 percent chance of learning the schematic, but he didn't have the timesink or money expense of learning two crafting skills to 400, just one. :p )

Now to play devil's advocate with myself, if the guy is getting orders at 4 million plus mats, and if that one on the market as of the time stamp of my post for 8 million does sell, the more power to him, maybe that proves that at least at this moment it isn't to much, IF he does get customers and/or sales. But since I don't know him, all I can go by is what other crafters charge for their fees. And I don't see anyone else charging 4 million as a fee right now.

Okay, like I said dodging back out.

ADDENDUM: I do wish to add to this. Someone said "Oh, let the guy charge what he likes, don't feel so entitled". I don't feel entitled to a Might 27 hilt. If I couldn't afford free crafting fee if I supply materials, I still wouldn't. I am only looking at this from the angle of a potential customer. I see other similar items like a willpower based hilt and gun barrels at 27 that are being made for free crafting fee if mats are supplied by the customer. So all I can do as such is compare prices. And even if a Might 27 hilt is very new to this server, such a fee is vastly more expensive compared to other similar items.

Now, do I wish the guy to not make money? No. If he actually gets a customer at that price, more power to him. But for me, no it's much too expensive and I feel it's vastly overpriced.

Okay, I really should just get back to lurking. I know the intent of this thread is just to document whom can make what endgame items, not discuss if an artisan is charging a fair price or not.

Edited by Arvig
Wish to make an additional point

Wanted to thank Decipere and the other crafters who are offering the mods for free - its helped the guild I'm in, Imperium Sithicus, move into EC HM. Its really great that you've done that for Ebon hawk, thanks again. Edited by Stanimir

Even Decipere upon learning the Skill Barrel 27 was only one maybe still is that knows it and only charged I think 1mill or 2mill at most if I remember people asking 3-4 mill even if it doesn't have the advantage of a legacy item to transfer it's still a rediculous price tag. I have cleared TFB HM many times we just have bad luck with main hands dropping same goes for alot of people I expect people to ask for tips just not huge amounts like this even greed has its limits I hope if not...well lets just hope for not. Empires a wonderful guild that yes profited alot but they also worked towards it to help the whole server /salute to Empire Edited by Zergabaath

4 mil isnt something id personally pay, but at the end of the day these folks owe us nothing, so maybe stop acting so entitled.

why is he costing so high? because he knows that as soon as he release a few into the wild, big guilds will buy a load, RE them and learn the schematic themselves.

he has a very short period of time to make any cash out of this, and good luck to him

Edited by kloma

A few things here.

First of all, there is a reason people are crafting things free with mats, and it has nothing to do with helping out the community.

Firstly, people have undercut each other to that point (and are only willing to go that low because they can still profit off of crits on armorings/mods/enhancements/hilts/barrels). Secondly many of the same people crafting free with mats, also control the price of stabilizers on the markets, ensuring they're getting their credits from you one way or another.

Now why is a new hilt being charged so much money? Well to begin with, as already pointed out, you need to be lucky enough to have an artificer with you in your raid. The offhand and mainhand only drop 50% of the time from 2 different bosses on Hard Mode Terror From Beyond, so you already only have around a 50% crack at a hilt once a week. Then on top of that, your guild or group you run with needs to decide beforehand that the mainhand or offhand is going to be RE'd, rather than awarded to a guildie.

On top of all of those things going right, and assuming you managed to learn the hilt, now you have to protect yourself from others trying to learn the schematic off of you and profiting off of your work. This is probably the biggest reason for huge prices on something like a new hilt, and I have no problems with it whatsoever.

As for the idea that people learning schematics off of others is done to lower the price and help the server, I have first hand experience that notion is BS. I was offering Guardian Armoring 27 for 200k + mats when I was the first person on the server to learn it. Most other schematics were free with mats at this time due to being learned by multiple people, so I felt this was a fair price for a new schematic. Guy asks me for 3 for his Guardian guildie, I said OK even though he was a scoundrel. I then notice he's also a cybertech. Of course, he asks me for 3 more, says its for another guildie. I say ok, same price if you can show me the first 3 equipped on a guildie, otherwise 1 million + mats, he says he's in a hurry so he'll pay the 1 million price. Buys 3 more, then a couple hours later posts on these very forums advertising the armoring that I was doing for 200k+ mats, for 500k + mats, and only edited his post to free with mats after I posted the same. So yeah, no, they aren't stealing others schematics to help the server, they're doing it to help themselves, and this is precisely why prices on new schematics are so high, to protect the crafter.

Edited by wadecounty

A few things here.

First of all, there is a reason people are crafting things free with mats, and it has nothing to do with helping out the community.

These posts are off topic.

I will say that many (most?) of us who craft for free don't have an stake in the stabilizer market (which should be crashing any day now, dude to WH RE's). <The Silent Council> has schematics that no one else on the server can make, and we still made the decision to craft for free for the server. We were not 'undercut': we never offered these schematics for sale. We are not especially interested in playing PvP with the market: we do this as a service to the server. The benefit to us is in earned goodwill. It's the same reason we regularly offer free access to the +10 datacron.

If someone wants to make money off their unique schematics, more power to them. But the animosity toward those who offer a free service to the server doesn't make sense to me.

I hope you can understand my frustration with an entire array of very generous crafters being accused of excessive greed.

I will say that many (most?) of us who craft for free don't have an stake in the stabilizer market (which should be crashing any day now, dude to WH RE's). <The Silent Council> has schematics that no one else on the server can make, and we still made the decision to craft for free for the server. We were not 'undercut': we never offered these schematics for sale. We are not especially interested in playing PvP with the market: we do this as a service to the server. The benefit to us is in earned goodwill. It's the same reason we regularly offer free access to the +10 datacron.

That's fair, and more power to you guys for doing so.

If someone wants to make money off their unique schematics, more power to them. But the animosity toward those who offer a free service to the server doesn't make sense to me.

But being realistic for a second here, there's no animosity directed towards you for crafting for free. Its something most everyone ends up doing at some point. The animosity is clearly being directed at people charging a premium for new schematics. The only thing I was doing was explaining one of the reasons that some parties do craft for free, although I'll concede good will is a legitimate reason as well, but not the ONLY reason.

The issue is that so far in this thread, charging money for an item is considered evil, and doing it for free makes you an angel, and that isn't always the case. There's a multitude of reasons things cost what they do, and its unfair to judge anyone for what they charge without knowing all of the details.

Edited by wadecounty

That was a perfectly reasonable explanation for why someone might charge a 4 mil crafting fee.

Let me offer another possible explanation: Greed.

Regardless, free markets eventually settle on prices based on the true value of things, and the fools-and-their-money and the profiteers who take advantage of them are both soon gone.

Back on topic, I didn't see Advanced Battle Enhancement 27 on the list yet. Anyone crafting that yet? I could use a couple to fine tune my build.

Edited by Bombbuster

why is he costing so high? because he knows that as soon as he release a few into the wild, big guilds like empire, etc will buy a load, RE them and learn the schematic themselves.

Actually everything we learn is from drops, everything we buy and trade for gets equipped and used.

Though there are definitely a few people out there on this server that do get things crafted just so they can learn them.

The thread has been updated.

Now that we have the Might Hilt 27, I think all major schematics are covered. I understand we are still missing a few things such as "Quick Savant" and "Battle". But both of those are harder to acquire and the stat points can be achieved by shuffling certain things around such as mods and enhancements. However, should anyone RE it, it will certainly be great for the server.

Regarding the prices listed by crafters. I've mentioned this before, but crafters can and should charge what they like. It is not an easy process to acquire new schematics so if they wish to be monetarily rewarded for their efforts, that is their prerogative. Personally, I hope with better gear will come more progression for guilds, which will naturally lead to a decrease in price.

Keep up the hard work everyone!

The thread has been updated.

Now that we have the Might Hilt 27, I think all major schematics are covered. I understand we are still missing a few things such as "Quick Savant" and "Battle". But both of those are harder to acquire and the stat points can be achieved by shuffling certain things around such as mods and enhancements. However, should anyone RE it, it will certainly be great for the server.

Regarding the prices listed by crafters. I've mentioned this before, but crafters can and should charge what they like. It is not an easy process to acquire new schematics so if they wish to be monetarily rewarded for their efforts, that is their prerogative. Personally, I hope with better gear will come more progression for guilds, which will naturally lead to a decrease in price.

Keep up the hard work everyone!

Commando Barrel 27 and Weighted Mod 27b would be amazing as well! ... Please? ... =P

A few things here.

Firstly, people have undercut each other to that point (and are only willing to go that low because they can still profit off of crits on armorings/mods/enhancements/hilts/barrels). Secondly many of the same people crafting free with mats, also control the price of stabilizers on the markets, ensuring they're getting their credits from you one way or another.

lol I lol'd - 'athena

As someone who is very involved in the stabilizer market I can assure you no crafters offering free crafting are doing so to profit on stabilizers. Stabilizer prices on our server when TFB HM came out were in the very high 100's to the very low 200's. The first week of TFB when the quest turn in was giving out stabs in very large quantity from quests and inside the instance itself the prices dipped to the low 100's and even below 100 several times. Supply and demand in action. There were many people such as myself who stocked up while the prices were low. <Empire> stocked up to ensure we could craft our 8 raiders and the couple of alternatives all the mods/enhancements/hilts whatever we needed to be full 27's as we RE'd 100% of our TFB drops to learn schematics we ended up with a stockpile after we were done. With no new content in sight the guild bank has been slowly selling off while others like me continue to buy low and sell high. If you look at the names of people selling stabs its usually pvpers who are RE'ing wh gear from min maxing. Whenever EWH came out I cleared out my cargo hold of all WH mods armorings and enhancements and ended up with well over 30 stabs, i'm sure it was the same for many with high valor.

As far as the hilts are concerned empire only has 2 marauders and we both have both our hilts and we don't buy any crafted item unless we are going to equip it.

Lastly I can make the following and am charging only the stabilizers. I will cover all the other crafting materials. Message bro or swtormart pub side.

potent 26 mod

deft 26 mod

Might armoring 26

Force wielder 26 armoring

Adept 26 enh

Assault 26 enh

Edited by Badfenix