Computers?

I'm getting a new laptop, under $1,500. I don't know much about computers, so I'd like to know the optimal computer for SWTOR in terms of graphics capability and FPS.

http://www.sagernotebook.com/Gaming-Notebook-NP8657-S.html

That's a computer somebody claimed could run SWTOR on ultra, but I highly doubt it. I'm looking for people to post links for laptops. Thanks.

it should handle it fairly well i would imagine, its a fairly good gpu and cpu combo. i would say that for 30fps and over it should be capable.

i cant compare it to mine, i have a pc, but im running Intel i7-4790K CPU, GeForce GTX 980 Ti GPU, 16 GB DDR3 RAM,1TB Samsung 850 EVO SSD, Win 10 Pro x64. mine runs it smoothly and doesnt even make the fans on the video card kick in cause it never gets hot enough

the 970 mobile chipset is a nice mid range card, while the 6700 cpu is decent for power. if it cant do it i would be surprised

If SWTOR is your primary game, spend more money on your CPU, drive (preferably SSD not HDD), and memory.

Tossing money toward an expensive laptop-compatible video card won't help you in SWTOR.

SWTOR is a single-core CPU game that barely touches the GPU. A higher-end GPU might make things a bit prettier, but won't do diddly for framerate.

And play over a wire not wifi, that helps, too.

yea i guess your lappy will do its job fine.

As the others sayed to you, make sure you have SSD. Really not even a very tiny loading lag. Dosnt matter what i play, my SSDs never works over 4% off there speed. A lot of Memory would be nice, too.

I read here single core using. Iam not sure... all 4 CPUs are working, when i play swtor. If this is true, why do all 4 its job.? Iam no longer a Geek in Hardware. but i can read and understand the monitoring of my Keyboad^^

How do I do that?

When you first install the game you should be able to choose between the 256 m.2 drive, or the 1TB HD. Make sure to select the 256 ssd m.2 drive as the install location, because it will make your load times in game and some background gamrte processes way way faster.

Generally any program that you want to access/perform faster install onto the 256 m.2 drive, and anything like pictures, videos, large files, or less used programs, should be installed on the 1TB drive.

Edited by Holocron

Turbo boost upto 3.5 ghz ... in my recent experience this will stutter and slow down in WZs @ ultra running at that speed but then you're really not going to get anything better in a laptop in that price range for raw cpu speed.

Turning off shadows and anti alias when you getting those slow down though should net you back a good 10-20 FPS.

If you are wanting top performance at max settings in warzones I feel you really need to be running an overclocked desktop PC.