Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

PVP is an utter disaster right now.

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
PVP is an utter disaster right now.

Turn-XGundam's Avatar


Turn-XGundam
07.26.2020 , 09:22 PM | #81
Quote: Originally Posted by -Bob- View Post
What if Valor were worked into a PVP stat. 1 valor level = 1 point which would increase that stat, effective only in PVP?
If the player base was large enough, it could also be used to group players in WZs at level 75 like..valor 1-25 would get grouped together etc etc etc..I don't think the population would support this though.
I'm just throwing random ideas out, there are certainly more pressing issues to be fixed.
so expertise basically, yeh that was the old pvp gear system. except now it would use valor based on your suggestion.

stoopicus's Avatar


stoopicus
07.26.2020 , 09:30 PM | #82
I just resubbed because Steam and popped in here to see how PvP was doing, and this was the first thread I saw, lol.

Seriously though what I wouldn't give to see Bob's idea or something like it happen. 5.x PvP was a flaming trashpile compared to 4.x. Bringing back something like the 4.x gearing system and Expertise for PvP would be amazing.

-Bob-'s Avatar


-Bob-
07.26.2020 , 10:11 PM | #83
Quote: Originally Posted by Turn-XGundam View Post
so expertise basically, yeh that was the old pvp gear system. except now it would use valor based on your suggestion.
Expertise was attached to gear.
Lets hear your suggestions.
There are no Victims, Only volunteers!
Der Untermensch
Referral link
Wound in the force/The Bastion/Harbinger/SS

JediMasterAlex's Avatar


JediMasterAlex
07.26.2020 , 10:27 PM | #84
Quote: Originally Posted by stoopicus View Post
I just resubbed because Steam and popped in here to see how PvP was doing, and this was the first thread I saw, lol.

Seriously though what I wouldn't give to see Bob's idea or something like it happen. 5.x PvP was a flaming trashpile compared to 4.x. Bringing back something like the 4.x gearing system and Expertise for PvP would be amazing.
Thus the danger of taking the pvp forums too seriously... Please understand that people in these forums are expressing their individual opinions that largely don't reflect what is actually happening in game.

stoopicus's Avatar


stoopicus
07.26.2020 , 11:41 PM | #85
Quote: Originally Posted by -Bob- View Post
Expertise was attached to gear.
Lets hear your suggestions.
I think your idea is good for both gearing and as a stat. Ideally matchmaking as well but that's predicated on the player base being large enough not to kill pops.

Raansu's Avatar


Raansu
07.27.2020 , 09:36 AM | #86
Quote: Originally Posted by JediMasterAlex View Post
Thus the danger of taking the pvp forums too seriously... Please understand that people in these forums are expressing their individual opinions that largely don't reflect what is actually happening in game.
No, I'd say they are pretty accurate.

elimatorxv's Avatar


elimatorxv
07.27.2020 , 03:19 PM | #87
Quote: Originally Posted by Hoppinswtor View Post
at least it's not an udder disaster

last thing we need is the milk spraying everywhere
got me to laugh damn it :P
http://www.swtor.com/r/5SJ2Hw my referal link you can click it if you want for some goodies and 7 days subscription but only if willing

Wraithclaw's Avatar


Wraithclaw
07.29.2020 , 05:26 PM | #88
Quote: Originally Posted by killdozerone View Post
PvP is okay right now. It favors Ops/PTS and assassins but thatís only because they control the 1v1 trolling meta.
Any spec can perform well but you need 306 gear, a solid gear set and full augments if you want to compete with the Soyboys. Itís really about knowing every class so you know how to counter them. This isnít WoW where you can hump a pillar for 30 minutes and win with gas, itís about hard burst damage and crucial interrupts on healers into a hard stun.
That said I think level 50 pvp was better, because everyone died faster and didnít have so many ways to go basically immune to damage. RIP wallbanging and Annihilation
I disagree. try a 306 geared main Vengeance Jugg into Ranked. Its not fun...you don't perform well. and often just watch the match dead.