a dark side trooper

lordbeastholmes

In terms of similar styles of gameplay, they do in the Bounty Hunter, just not in terms of story.

I did always wonder why the Bounty Hunter and Smuggler classes were linked to Imp and Pub respectively. Seems like the general ethos of those characters would be selling their services to the highest bidder. I guess they were following SW lore, where Han Solo (a smuggler) was with the Rebels and Boba Fett with the other bounty hunters were allied with the Empire.

Edited by HaltHammerzeit

In terms of similar styles of gameplay, they do in the Bounty Hunter, just not in terms of story.

I did always wonder why the Bounty Hunter and Smuggler classes were linked to Imp and Pub respectively. Seems like the general ethos of those characters would be selling their services to the highest bidder. I guess they were following SW lore, where Han Solo (a smuggler) was with the Rebels and Boba Fett with the other bounty hunters were allied with the Empire.

Charles touched upon this subject on an interview. It originally started with 3 factions, with the agent being one of the third faction's classes. However due to reasons they cut down to 2 factions. According to him the Shroud actually comes from the inspiration of an Agent playing both sides, if I recall it was on the passionately casual podcast.

And if I had to guess why the Smuggler and BH work for the Republic and Empire respectively, likely because as you said in the movies Han is a scoundrel working for the Republic while Boba is working for the Empire. Although truth be told

as far as Smuggler is concerned LS and neutral does involve working for the Republic, with the latter being more for the credits, but DS has you build your own criminal Empire which amazes me my Smuggler wasn't on some kind of watch-list.

Plus with Agent you can choose to betray the Empire and switch to the Republic, working as a double-spy for them.

It would be interesting to see an Imperial Soldier's POV on the great galactic war though, I love the Trooper story because it shows how the non force-sensitive folks are handling the war, some of the politics involving the Grand Army of the Republic and Black-Ops Squads like Havoc.

Yeah, it would be nice to have something like that in the game. Just a sad reflection of the limits of the game. A great compromise would have been to have an Imp trooper class and then to have BH and Smug available as either Imp or Pub, but they would have separate stories.

Again, limited by the scope of the game they wanted to create. Ambitious, but rubbish.

Charles touched upon this subject on an interview. It originally started with 3 factions, with the agent being one of the third faction's classes. However due to reasons they cut down to 2 factions.

Three factions just like Star Wars: Empire At War: Forces of Corruption

1. Empire

2. Rebellion

3. Zann Consortium (a large underworld organization)

Cosmetically you can have any Trooper you want, but a why would a force sensitive limit herself to just being a trooper.

Edited by Falensawino

Three factions just like Star Wars: Empire At War: Forces of Corruption

1. Empire

2. Rebellion

3. Zann Consortium (a large underworld organization)

Cosmetically you can have any Trooper you want, but a why would a force sensitive limit herself to just being a trooper.

Ah. I see you're a man of culture as well, nice to meet someone else who played EAW.

No, I meant the third faction would be the underworld one. According to Charles some of those concepts went into characters like the Shroud, the spymaster playing both sides and all. He didn't touched upon whether or not the third faction would feature some kind of force sensitive class though.