Don't buy anarchist packs and LOL with me

Arandem

First off take my advice from the title and don't buy the new packs. After looking at what I think was all of the threads about the new packs, I think we can assume the drop rate for the new arbiter is around 0.5%.

Now to the thing that actually made me laugh out loud. After going through the countless disappointed threads about the new pack I can say that easily 95% of the community dislikes this new system. Nothing but negative feedback and during the stream Eric says "Now onto the new packs... The items are amazing.... The reviews are mixed but keep em coming!" Lol :rolleyes:

Really? You would like to use the term "mixed"? I guess 9/10 disappointed players is technically "mixed". So basically this is our official response that has been requested repeatedly this week?? That "keep the feedback coming and we will look into changes for the next pack".

Players want changes to the current pack. Now I know this isn't happening and I have told others. This isn't a bug, as some first thought about the massive drop rate of chance cubes. It's a scam. This is the pack they intended and it will remain the way it is. They might change the next pack to 1 guaranteed drop from the new and one grand chance or new item. But either way these grand chance cubes aren't going away any time soon. Especially with all the packs bought trying to get the new saber.

But the best part of the whole thing is that they can't even deny any of our accusations. They blatantly lied in the "upcoming changes to packs" thread by stating that we would receive more gold and silver with new system.

But anyways I digress because I could just keep rambling on. There are so many threads already I figured I might as well add to the cesspool of disappointment by giving my 2 cents.

Now to the thing that actually made me laugh out loud. After going through the countless disappointed threads about the new pack I can say that easily 95% of the community dislikes this new system. Nothing but negative feedback and during the stream Eric says "Now onto the new packs... The items are amazing.... The reviews are mixed but keep em coming!" Lol :rolleyes:

And how did you come up with figure out 95% dislike? Based on forum threads? Sorry to say, if the forum threads (looking at unique posters) make up 95% of the SWTOR population, let's face it. The game is dead.

You can't make a claim of what percent dislikes the change.

People who are fine with them or really don't care tend to not be anywhere near as vocal about it.

Players want changes to the current pack. Now I know this isn't happening and I have told others. This isn't a bug, as some first thought about the massive drop rate of chance cubes. It's a scam.

Out of curiosity, when you opened any of the former crates, what percentage of the item drops were of the bronze variety? What percentage of the items in it were of the silver? Of gold? The thing is... the hypercrate is just a replacement in the pack for what would have been a bronze item before. So had they not done it, it would have just been one of X number of items of bronze designation in the pack.

It's not really a scam. The question really is... would you rather have had a bronze item from a limited pool of bronze items (had they created them for this pack) or would you rather have a bronze item from the whole tier of CM items (with a chance here and there for something better).

Also, I think (reading the livestream notes, I didn't actually watch it) he was trying to say is "people love the new items, but reviews on the packs are mixed". Given that the new packs are new items + chance cubs, I think it is more along the lines of "new items are great, chance cubes suck", which seems to be what most people are saying.

And yes, there is obviously a lot of anger about the drop rate of the lightsaber (which is eh, I know people who opened 4 hypercrates and didn't get a jetpack with a flourish a couple packs ago, so the best item being super rare isn't really new), but I think people would be more forgiving about it if they didn't get a boatload of old bronze items instead.

First off take my advice from the title and don't buy the new packs. After looking at what I think was all of the threads about the new packs, I think we can assume the drop rate for the new arbiter is around 0.5%.

Really? You would like to use the term "mixed"? I guess 9/10 disappointed players is technically "mixed". So basically this is our official response that has been requested repeatedly this week?? That "keep the feedback coming and we will look into changes for the next pack".

Players want changes to the current pack. Now I know this isn't happening and I have told others. This isn't a bug, as some first thought about the massive drop rate of chance cubes. It's a scam. This is the pack they intended and it will remain the way it is. They might change the next pack to 1 guaranteed drop from the new and one grand chance or new item. But either way these grand chance cubes aren't going away any time soon. Especially with all the packs bought trying to get the new saber.

But the best part of the whole thing is that they can't even deny any of our accusations. They blatantly lied in the "upcoming changes to packs" thread by stating that we would receive more gold and silver with new system.

But anyways I digress because I could just keep rambling on. There are so many threads already I figured I might as well add to the cesspool of disappointment by giving my 2 cents.

95% of the community ? i doubt that.

What you do forget is the fact that mostly unhappy players will rant in the forums... and the forum community is by far far far the minority of a game. (someone had a nice thread about this a couple days ago.. forum communities are not even close to 10% of the player base (or was it 5%, can't remember) ....

BW may have feedback from other sources that are not voiced here....

As i have seen ingame, i can say that it is the opposite from what is voiced on the forums.. some people are happy....or they like the new system..

so you have to take that into your calculation...

I'm guessing more like 80% of the community, lots of posts on forums but only about 20% of the game uses the forums, but guessing from the looks from everything plummeting and no one buying as much old stuff at all they don't like it.

Out of curiosity, when you opened any of the former crates, what percentage of the item drops were of the bronze variety? What percentage of the items in it were of the silver? Of gold? The thing is... the hypercrate is just a replacement in the pack for what would have been a bronze item before. So had they not done it, it would have just been one of X number of items of bronze designation in the pack.

100% agree... while opening the older packs you where flooded with bronze items, i think in the same amount that the cubes show up...

i really like the system, but i did not like the drop rate of the cubes... but i took some time to think about it, and it is exactly the way you say... without the cubes i probably would have gotten blaster XY 10 times, sniper rifle XY 15 times, and blaster rifle XY 20 times...

so yeah.. with the cubes , i get at least items i didn't collect, or i didn't have in my collection...

I'm going say the reviews ARE mixed, and here is why:

1st the forums are a very small microcosm, and it isn't certainly representative of the analytics.

2nd the analytics are saying the complete opposite of what we are saying here in the forums. The reality is people are buying these packs in droves.

So this puts the dev team in a quandary. Do they listen to vocal minority or do they listen to the dollar signs. I think the devs, because they are actually trying, are going to try make some sort of happy medium. With the next pack they will adjust down the chance cubes some. They will be hoping to appease the Internet storm while not trying to shoot themselves in the pocket book.

Edited by Holocron

Me thinks Bioware is severely deluding themselves if they think the reviews on the new pack are...mixed.

Please correct me if I am wrong, but I have yet to see a single person go "Hey, I really loved getting Chance Cubes, rather than the new stuff!"

:rolleyes:

Bioware's theme song: "You Spin Me Round" by Dead or Alive

Edit: Wow, I just really dated myself with that joke. :D

Edited by Staavis_SC

Me thinks Bioware is severely deluding themselves if they think the reviews on the new pack are...mixed.

Please correct me if I am wrong, but I have yet to see a single person go "Hey, I really loved getting Chance Cubes, rather than the new stuff!"

Well, I guess you can throw me in the column of those that love the Chance Cubes.

Why?

The Chance Cube replaced normal bronze items in the pack. Getting rid of the Chance Cube wouldn't mean you get more Silver and Golds, because it would be replaced with a set of bronze items.

Based on the amount of duplicate Silvers I got in the crates that I opened and the general value of most of them at this point, the bronze ones would be even worse. I would be sitting on piles upon piles of worthless bronze items.

Which isn't any different then the bronze items I got from the Chance Cubes, but with the chance cubes, you might get something that is better. I know I got a white crystal in one of mine and there was another rare or two that I got (the large cyan crystal centerpiece deco I think is another) that basically were more valuable then having a crap ton of current pack bronzes.

Well, I guess you can throw me in the column of those that love the Chance Cubes.

Why?

The Chance Cube replaced normal bronze items in the pack. Getting rid of the Chance Cube wouldn't mean you get more Silver and Golds, because it would be replaced with a set of bronze items.

Based on the amount of duplicate Silvers I got in the crates that I opened and the general value of most of them at this point, the bronze ones would be even worse. I would be sitting on piles upon piles of worthless bronze items.

Which isn't any different then the bronze items I got from the Chance Cubes, but with the chance cubes, you might get something that is better. I know I got a white crystal in one of mine and there was another rare or two that I got (the large cyan crystal centerpiece deco I think is another) that basically were more valuable then having a crap ton of current pack bronzes.

I would rather get bronze items from the NEW pack than random bronze/silver/gold from old packs. If I'm buying the new packs I want items that only drop from the new packs. So I won't be buying any more of the new packs with the horrible chances of actually getting the new items.

I like chance cubes. A lot of old expensive stuff, I spent 10 mil on packs and got about 40 mil of stuff. I don't know why people dont want old items o_O

I'd rather take old expensive mount than billions of bronze ****** armor and blasters. This pack is better than one with nexu.

Edited by KubissusPL

I like new Cartel system. After 100 packs, i dont get arbiter saber, but from chance cubes i get nice items that i already sold for some millions. At all i got more $$$ from this pack than previous one.

I like small chances to get saber. Say NO to hundreds of Kylo Ren clones! And rare items are REALLY rare.

Dont like hard gambling? GET Credits and buy it on GTN!:rak_01:

Edited by tummiswtor

Bioware's theme song: "You Spin Me Round" by Dead or Alive

Edit: Wow, I just really dated myself with that joke. :D

I posted on another thread, the night after the chance cubes came out, that I liked them. I got a lot of things I didn't have, plus a lot of new stuff, and yes, I got the saber. And yes, I paid the 400cc unlock for it so I could have it on my sorc and my sage.

So yes, mixed reviews. And no, I'm not a new player.

Will I like them in six months after six new packs? I don't know - I expect not. I suspect by then I will get tons of duplicates and it will have gotten old. But as of right now, I don't know.

Edited by Devlyne

i personally didn't mind the packs, as I got the usual assortment of stuff from the two Supercrates I bought.

I think the cubes are a good way of bringing the older things back, however, I would rather see them as an "extra" item which doesn't take place of regular stuff, but has a chance of dropping in addition to regular things (like a bonus)

This is a typical ploy from that company to recoup lost revenues from the mass exodus of players the past few months. Make a drop a lot of people want: make the drop rate so small and it will take many many Carthell packs to have even a chance, watch the very few get rich off the rare drop, sit back and watch the fun and the green roll in.

I limit myself to 20 bux a month in CC and always have so there is no effect for me. Pixels are not that valuable and so I read the forums, listen to General chat and giggle. Addictive personalities are quite fun to watch!

I thought the system of selling the Grand packs separately was better. You could choose between armor, weapons, crystal etc. I got a ton of toys and emotes that I would never have bothered with.

I do not understand why they changed the packs in the first place? The Cartel Certificates and reputation items and vendor were a good thing in my opinion.

Why not have new pack, old embargoed pack and the grand packs? The older packs and grand packs could change with each new pack coming out.