Showdown on Iokath, three sentinals - what the hell?

_Necrofenris

I just reached the three sentinals with my lvl 71 sorcerer and they are, I'm quite sure, literally unbeatable. Each has 500.000 hp, your crappy *** walker does maybe 50k damage on its best attack.

Even when I evade their ridiculesly powerful AOE missile volley at the beginning (which oneshots me if they all hit), they just start blasting away and kill me in 10 - 20 seconds. Best I managed to do was get one down to ~50% health.

You have no way to heal in that fight, the walker is slow and clumsy, your attacks are basically useless and you have no way to defend or interrupt their attacks. Even looked up tips on how to fight them, stomping does jack ****, most of their attacks are auto hit, the walkers guns almost do no damage...

Freaking awesome.

Cancelling my subscription as I came back for the new expansion, but considering that I'm effectively locked out because of these op bosses, there seems to really not be any reason to waste further money on this game.

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I just reached the three sentinals with my lvl 71 sorcerer and they are, I'm quite sure, literally unbeatable. Each has 500.000 hp, your crappy *** walker does maybe 50k damage on its best attack.

Even when I evade their ridiculesly powerful AOE missile volley at the beginning (which oneshots me if they all hit), they just start blasting away and kill me in 10 - 20 seconds. Best I managed to do was get one down to ~50% health.

You have no way to heal in that fight, the walker is slow and clumsy, your attacks are basically useless and you have no way to defend or interrupt their attacks. Even looked up tips on how to fight them, stomping does jack ****, most of their attacks are auto hit, the walkers guns almost do no damage...

Freaking awesome.

Cancelling my subscription as I came back for the new expansion, but considering that I'm effectively locked out because of these op bosses, there seems to really not be any reason to waste further money on this game.

It's just a bug, one that has to do with scaling (as in, your health should be scaled up when you're the walker, and it currently isn't), and one that just appeared yesterday. And it's a problem every time you're in a walker during the KOTET storyline. (I actually did the walker stuff Monday night and it was fine!)

It's also been reported MANY times in the past 24 hours on this forum, Reddit, Twitter, etc. As it is, currently, very probably the single biggest bug in terms of game progression, I would expect it to be in the first bug fix update which is almost certainly coming in the next 24-48 hours.

Edited by damonskye

It was reported on PTS too, for weeks. I don’t know why it’s not on the known issues thread.

Charles Boyd said something on Twitter about half an hour ago to a player who was asking about this bug and said it was being worked on, with no specific ETA, so that's good.

Solely in terms of the Iokath walker vs. the three sentinels post-6.0, I found this hard but doable (did not die). Focused mainly on stomping, taking down one sentinel before switching to the next. However, I don't know if the fact that I was playing a tank had anything to do with it. Maybe, if stats aren't correctly being changed, I'm also being left with my shield and absorb. Edited by Estelindis

Was able to complete it last night on my Lightning Sorc... It took five deaths before i could figure it out and it is much harder after 6.0.

First two deaths were just frustration... Recalled to med station. I figured out that you focus on one Sentinel and beat him down and die, medical probe in instance to keep dead sentinel dead. Heal during the eight second invisibility period, you'll get to about 75% if you hit the heal as soon as it lights. Wash rinse repeat for second and third Sentinel. I didn't run around and just single target focused. Blasters during cool down and stomp. Make sure that your timer is clear on medical probe... You have to do this one/die/re spawn, two/die/re spawn, three. If you die before taking the second one down you'll have to start over because the Sentinels will re spawn if you take too long.

I'm a casual player at best so I know it can be done but it will cost you abut $60K!!!

This still has not been fixed. I couldn't even beat them down one at a time, because when I was able to finally kill two of the three, one respawned when I used my medical probe, and thus the fight never ended. I don't want to skip my character to Ossus so I guess she'll be stuck where she is indefinitely.

This still has not been fixed. I couldn't even beat them down one at a time, because when I was able to finally kill two of the three, one respawned when I used my medical probe, and thus the fight never ended. I don't want to skip my character to Ossus so I guess she'll be stuck where she is indefinitely.

Odd. I'd report that or something because since Tuesday's patch, I've done that fight on 4 different toons and though I did die once after getting 2 of them down, I had no issues spawning with the probe, repairing, and killing the 3rd guy. All chars ranged between level 70 and 73'ish.

Confirmed, this still is NOT FIXED.

My wife tried to do this yesterday and she can usually breeze past it. She died 6 times and I decided to try and help do it for her.

When I tried I got past with 2 deaths, but you shouldn’t have to “death grind” to get past content. It should be passable without dying.

What is did find was :

The only abilities to use are the stomp and the first laser. Using anything else is pointless and will kill you fast. Just run around one target at a time using a rotation of stomping and the laser because if you are too close for the laser it auto stomps and you get two stomps instead of the one.

Odd. I'd report that or something because since Tuesday's patch, I've done that fight on 4 different toons and though I did die once after getting 2 of them down, I had no issues spawning with the probe, repairing, and killing the 3rd guy. All chars ranged between level 70 and 73'ish.

But there’s the problem. You should not have to “death grind” to get past content. If it’s impossible to pass without dying, then it’s over tuned.

I tried again just now and yes, this is a mess. I think I've taken 12 other characters through Iokath without major problems on this part.

I was trying my best to do the kill one- die; kill another-die process. I did this with two, but halfway through the fight with the third droid, or while I was waiting for my medical probe to activate, another always respawned. So unfortunately I'm never getting to kill the last droid because there's always another "last" one popping up. I think I had 10+ deaths attempting this. Even the "armor" that was suggested earlier in this thread did nothing to improve HP or the walker's capabilities.

I have reported it in the bug thread and put in a bug report in-game about it. Let's hope that they figure out a way to fix it because otherwise this character can't move and none of my others are probably going to be able to get past Iokath either.

Confirmed, this still is NOT FIXED.

My wife tried to do this yesterday and she can usually breeze past it. She died 6 times and I decided to try and help do it for her.

When I tried I got past with 2 deaths, but you shouldn’t have to “death grind” to get past content. It should be passable without dying.

What is did find was :

The only abilities to use are the stomp and the first laser. Using anything else is pointless and will kill you fast. Just run around one target at a time using a rotation of stomping and the laser because if you are too close for the laser it auto stomps and you get two stomps instead of the one.

It was fixed for me after the patch. So sorta fixed for some?

I stomped the sents at lvl 71 (or maybe 72), zero deaths

It was fixed for me after the patch. So sorta fixed for some?

I stomped the sents at lvl 71 (or maybe 72), zero deaths

Must be another one of those lvl 75 things that’s not balanced in the down scaling.

I’d be interested on your take doing it on a lvl 75 to compare.

Edited by TrixxieTriss

I tried again just now and yes, this is a mess. I think I've taken 12 other characters through Iokath without major problems on this part.

I was trying my best to do the kill one- die; kill another-die process. I did this with two, but halfway through the fight with the third droid, or while I was waiting for my medical probe to activate, another always respawned. So unfortunately I'm never getting to kill the last droid because there's always another "last" one popping up. I think I had 10+ deaths attempting this. Even the "armor" that was suggested earlier in this thread did nothing to improve HP or the walker's capabilities.

I have reported it in the bug thread and put in a bug report in-game about it. Let's hope that they figure out a way to fix it because otherwise this character can't move and none of my others are probably going to be able to get past Iokath either.

That is exactly what happened to my wife and it sent her into a tail spin of abuse at Bioware. That’s when I stepped in to help do it for her and discovered it’s not balanced right.

I'll be there with one of my toons soonish but maybe not before they patch it again. Have to go through SoR/KoTFE/KoTET first but shes already 71. Should be doable over the weekend, depends on playtime. Edited by Suzsi

I'll be there with one of my toons soonish but maybe not before they patch it again. Have to go through SoR/KoTFE/KoTET first but shes already 71. Should be doable over the weekend, depends on playtime.

Also please check actually difficulty because what’s balanced for me or you might not be close to that for story casuals. It shouldn’t feel like vet mod for them if they are only playing the story.

Also please check actually difficulty because what’s balanced for me or you might not be close to that for story casuals. It shouldn’t feel like vet mod for them if they are only playing the story.

I am a story player.

Yep, this chapter is actually still broken (playing ally to Imperium after seeing Malcom die from the superweapon).

I am able to defeat one of them till i die. when i revive in the ini, there are always two walker present or the second one respawns during seconds after revive.

@EricMusco: what can you say to us?

The other walker-missions seam to be fixed to me, there i have no more problems (Walker against tons of droids on Iokath in KotET, Walker at Voss, beginning of KotET).

Edited by TSCYoda

Yep, this chapter is actually still broken (playing ally to Imperium after seeing Malcom die from the superweapon).

I am able to defeat one of them till i die. when i revive in the ini, there are always two walker present or the second one respawns during seconds after revive.

@EricMusco: what can you say to us?

The other walker-missions seam to be fixed to me, there i have no more problems (Walker against tons of droids on Iokath in KotET, Walker at Voss, beginning of KotET).

What level is your character? Important info.

I just reached the three sentinals with my lvl 71 sorcerer and they are, I'm quite sure, literally unbeatable. .

These are beatable. I beat them the week before patch 6.0a went into effect. You definitely couldn't walk up and face roll everything but with care and placement before adds spawn the fight is beatable. Wrist Laser is your friend ignore all other weapons and heal often.