Original Character Select Screen Music!

MeetraOrdo

I miss the old main menu/character select screen music. The Onslaught version is fine and exciting, but often feels too loud and can even be annoying at times when logging in. I'd love to see an option in setting to switch back to the original music. Would be very nostalgic for me and, I suspect, many others as well.

/signed.

I've had to turn music off completely because the new music is way too loud, and I don't want to edit volume settings everytime I swap toons.

Wouldn't mind if the notifications on fleet also tuned down a LOT. They are way too loud compared to everything else in the game, especially on imp side.

Whaaaat? You mean you don't enjoy the sudden DUNDUN when you start up the game? Colour me surprised /s

But no, seriously, that's ridiculous. I always mute the game before starting, but don't always remember when switching characters. Good thing my neighbour is never home; otherwise, that would be very embarrassing.

You know, there is a music volume setting in preferences. You can simply turn the music down (or off) relative to the other sounds.

Since I tend to listen to podcasts while playing I have the music turned off (zero level) almost always.

And yes, that setting also affects the music on the character select screen.

Edited by JediQuaker

You know, there is a music volume setting in preferences. You can simply turn the music down (or off) relative to the other sounds.

Since I tend to listen to podcasts while playing I have the music turned off (zero level) almost always.

And yes, that setting also affects the music on the character select screen.

Yeah, I think everyone knows that. The issue is that it's way too loud compared to other music in game, so if you turn it lower, you can't hear the rest of the game's music, and if you adjust volume so that's it nice with the rest of the game, the character selection screen is too loud. Same problem exists with the fleet announcents by the way, especially on imp side. The announcement is much louder than any other voices in game.

I like the new music, love anything "epic" sounding.

This isn't the first time this has popped up, there's been a couple of threads, and as I've said it those, I like the new music, I like the epic, explosive, battle sounding music. BUT the fact others like the old music, I think it would be great if people had a choice, a settings option, that played the classic, or new one.

I want music that sounds like it's from Star Wars, not a recruitment film from Eastern Europe. As much as we've struggled to regain a Star Wars feel INSIDE the game after the abysmal Star-Wars-in-Name-Only KotFEET, at least we should feel like we're in the galaxy far, far away as we're signing on the game.

This isn't the first time this has popped up, there's been a couple of threads, and as I've said it those, I like the new music, I like the epic, explosive, battle sounding music. BUT the fact others like the old music, I think it would be great if people had a choice, a settings option, that played the classic, or new one.

Everquest 2 has a music replacement folder. Any MP3 of your choice, not matter what it is, if it goes in that folder named the same as an MP3 that plays in the game, that's the music that plays. I'd personally prefer to use FLAC files since they're not lossy, but eh.