need tips on how to keep my heat low lol

mikederouen

I need a bit of advice. Last time i had raided with a merc was Denova(explosive conflict). I rerolled and got to 55 over the weekend on a different server. My question to you guys are....how do you manage your heat? i found a few times i had to hit my week shot ( forget the name) a few times due to heat being an issue when i get to max and my cooldowns are still rolling like vent heat and(not at my home pc and forget the name of the skill that gives 2 heat free shots).

So how do you guys work it for a long fight as a arsenal merc?

never let your heat get above 40. if your next attack will put you above 40 heat use rapid shots (your basic attack). There is no heat neutral rotation for Mercs that do optimal dps like there are for other classes. There are always going to be times when you have to use rapid shots or risk screwing yourself over heat wise.

• 1 month later...

Hey

as I do not know your rotation, it's a little hard to give advise, however as stated, there is no heat neutral rotation for Mercs, but for an Arsenal Merc this should not be a big issue.

The 1 change I made, that now rules out heat as a major/continual worry is the removal of Missile Blast from my rotation. With terminal velocity (vent 8 heat every 6 sec) and the amount of activation/channel abilities, that in general covers standard non missile blast rotation... (rarely use Vent Heat now - except for Alacrity bonus) I will state here I mainly PvP so not sure this stands for PVE but should go close.

As Cookie Monster say.. "Missile blast is a sometimes ability, not an all the time one." The problem with Mercs is as a lowbie you depend so much on missile blast, you become addicted, but the heat cost is a killer(25) and its spamable...

Remove it from key bindings, and see how that works... standard rotation I use is: ED>TM>HSM>TM>TM>RS>UL, if I'm using FM or occasionally DFA remember TSO which makes your next ability generate no heat.

Hope that helps. :D