Hello, I need some help/advice.

Infinite_Devil

Before I get down to what I need help on let me say that I am not exactly a new player. I am a returning player after nearly a year and a half break due to working a broad.

Now that that is out of the way. Since I have been away for such a long time I have decided I would start fresh and reroll my characters. I played a Sith Mara and a Sith Sin. I am an Imperial for life. Now what I neex some help deciding is what class I should roll first and focus on as my main. Now I am not looking for personal opinions on which class is better. What I want to know I will break down into simple questions for each class.

First Mara. I know Mara is a strictly DPS class, before my trip I built my Mara around a hybrid of Anni and Rage, I believe is what I used. IIRC my build focus on buffing smash and bleeding/self healing (was there a way to heal yourself in the Annilation tree?). I may be mistaken, I am a pve/raid player mostly I do pvp but its rare and usually only with friends. Is the Mara hybid builds still viable with all the changes that have occurred since I last played?

For SIN before I left on my trip SIN was a good tank but a terrible dps class. Is this still the case? I ask this because I had started Assassin to be a DPS class originally but was over looked as DPS a lot because SIN was the weakest DPS wise. I then went tank spec and found groups like nothing.

Bare in mind I like to learn the harder fights before I start tanking so when I tank it is less stressful, thus wanting to go as a DPS first and a Tank second.

Thank you all in advance for your help and Advice.

PS: If any guilds/clans are looking for members I will be looking to join one soon.

Welcome back!

First of all, it's a great time to be coming back because of all the new stuff, and a terrible time to be coming back because no one knows what's going on until next week or so, by which point the first patch will probably be up.

Mara is still a pure DPS class, but hybrid (not just mara -- any hybrid spec, such as Engineering / Lethality) is not available anymore since Tuesday's switch to the Discipline System (check here for what this entails: http://dulfy.net/2014/10/13/swtor-disciplines-calculator-swtor_miner/). Even before that, Smashdot had stopped being viable because Deadly Saber became tied to Juyo form. You now have the choice between Annihaltion (bleeds and self-heals), Carnage (quick burst) and Fury (basically Rage, buffed smash, but now with better single-target).

Assassins still make amazing tanks when well-played, though a bit more difficult than before. As for DPS, before the patch, Madness Assassins (now Hatred) pretty much topped the DPS charts while having a much lower skill ceiling than the specs which ACTUALLY topped the DPS charts. Not sure about Deception, I hear it's not doing too shabby. In 3.0, they seem to have great self-healing, too.

Again, no one knows exactly yet what the changes did to class balance. If I may offer some counsel, I'd recommend trying out one of the two base classes you've yet missed -- powertechs are quite fun, as are operatives and snipers.

"Working a broad" sounds vaguely illegal. ;)

Welcome back. Now that rev 3.0 is out, there are so many changes from when you last played, you may almost want to think of SWTOR as a new game that's vaguely like your old game.

Nothing illegal lol. Got sent to various machine shops/factories to train them how to run and maintain a CNC machine properly.