Idea for corruption (pvp)

gpassucc

So first of all, I love my sorc. Second, I only pvp. It is incredibly frustrating that as a healing sorc if you get one warrior/assassin on you with their short cd interrupts you are basically screwed. Yes you can los, yes you can lolH2F, but eventually you will get into the spot where Innervate gets interrupted and your other hardcast heals are interrupted and you are a complete and utter sitting duck. What I would like to suggest is a change to one of the top tier talent in Corruption. I do believe that, in addition to having stealth, the spammable surgical probe that operatives currently enjoy is just too much self survivability. Now since they don't seem to be keen on nerfing ops anytime soon here is my change to the Force Surge skill. Let stacks of Force Surge reduce the cast time (maybe even force cost, would be nice) of Dark Infusion by 33% per stack. This would be an absolutely amazing change and really help sorc survivability without making us crazy OP. Can we save stacks to get one instant cast heal while we are kiting to reposition? Sure. But would we be able to endlessly spam instant heals on ourself, no. I think this would be a nice, balanced change for sorc/sage healing.

Another idea I have is for surgical probe to apply a debuff when it regrants the tactical advantage that reduces surgical probe healing by either 5% per stack (if applied to the operative healer) or 10% a stack (if applied to the target which it heals). This would let operative healers still be mobile but not so terribly easy. Just some ideas I am sure will be completely ignored because, hey, sorcs can heal to full. =D

P.s. never played a sage so I don't know the equivalent skill names off the top of my head.

I like it. I was thinking of something similar. The biggest problem with sorc healing is that we are entirely way too squishy compared to just about everything else including an operative. We either need to stay in one spot to heal while getting smashed to death, or need to kite and los just to keep ourselves alive - often still ending in our deaths. To put us in league with operatives I was thinking of tweaking/adding two abilities:

1) Force Armor: passive which makes us less squishy by increasing our armor rating to match that of an operative.

2)Innervate: changing it from a channeled ability to a HOT with a CD similar to what it is now. Alacrity can still determine the rate at which it ticks - or not depending on testing. This way it can't be interrupted and we can heal on the run more effectively in PVP. Secondly, neither of these would have a huge impact on PVE (aside from being able to cast a new heal ability after 1.5 sec vs the 2.3 (depending on alacrity) channel time of innervate.

Lastly, I would consider a very slight buff to force recuperation from alacrity. This way alacrity remains an important stat for healers and allows slightly better force management. Either that or nerf operative healer hots so that they aren't energy neutral when being spammed. Making them twice as expensive would be a start.

I think these changes are important because I can't imagine a scenario in 2.4 where ranked groups would currently want a sorc healer over an operative.