Buff Purge and put a search box on these stupid forums

Targetboy

• 1 year later...
purge should be near instant or the gcd should be removed almost completely for healers. since force crush on smashers is must faster ticks now, we have less than a one second window to purge it so we dont take the full effect of over powered smash, while trying to burst heal is very unlikley to have time to wait for a large cd/gcd on purges (since BW thought it was smart to make almost every dps and healing class a derp damager/healer). Why do the players that actually use their brains and show REAL skill get the nerf by stupid things such as this. All hail herpaderpers, they are the diciples of bioware.

If purge had no cd then dots would be pretty much useless.

Not true at all. You're still using a GCD to remove 2 dots (at most) at a time. If a player is loaded up on Dot's and they're purging away, they can still be taking direct damage which puts them behind in healing.

This is also where DoT protection should be added as a PVP talent in the respective "dot" trees, IE: If your dot is removed, the player removing it takes the full damage. (or something along those lines.) Talents like this force a healer (or a player) to either stick with the dots ticking and heal through it (use defensives in pure dps classes cases) or take an upfront damage to heal.

The current CD of purge is still too long. At most it should be 2 seconds baseline.

I'd much rather leave the cooldown on purge, maybe even increase it to 6 seconds, but take it off the GCD.

When it's on the GCD I can't get it off fast enough to deny smashers more than one of their stacks from force crush. It ticks so fast that they'll almost always get at least two, if not the full three (and they get the third slightly before the dot actually ends, which pisses me off even though I have a smasher as well). But when I'm on my scoundrel, and use dodge to cleanse it off me, denying smashy stacks isn't a problem.

The difference is simply that purge is on GCD, while dodge isn't.

Edited by AdrianDmitruk

I'd much rather leave the cooldown on purge, maybe even increase it to 6 seconds, but take it off the GCD.

When it's on the GCD I can't get it off fast enough to deny smashers more than one of their stacks from force crush. It ticks so fast that they'll almost always get at least two, if not the full three (and they get the third slightly before the dot actually ends, which pisses me off even though I have a smasher as well). But when I'm on my scoundrel, and use dodge to cleanse it off me, denying smashy stacks isn't a problem.

The difference is simply that purge is on GCD, while dodge isn't.

I concur.