SWTOR is canon

Sarfux

. "The way I'm going to answer that is to say that a lot of people were asking that after the stuff happened with lucasarts and disney and they started announcing canon stuff. We work with lucasarts on a daily basis to continue to bring an authentic Star Wars experience to SWTOR. I was just talking to them last week. So if you are asking if this is Star Wars this is most definitely Star Wars. They sign off on everything we do."

I will just say that since lucasarts signs off on everything they do and if SWTOR was not canon, I don't think LucasArts (disney) would let them do that if SWTOR wasn't canon. But, you guys will just see yet again. ;).

Edited by Sarfux

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That's not exactly what he said.

People were asking the question in the stream's chat and Eric said they work closely with LucasArts in order to provide a true SW experience and the like, but didn't exactly spell out...

SWTOR IS CANON.
Different things. Edited by Darth_Wicked

People were asking the question in the stream's chat and Eric said that they worked closely with LucasArts in order to provide a true SW experience and the like, but didn't exactly spell out...Different things.

Exactly. Op is delusional

REJOICE!!!!

Now, back to the almighty guild of Darth Mcfuzzles in his pursuit to kill the same Sith Lords in a 16 vs 1 battle every week, working with at least three other people who are the same person.

But seriously: Hooray! Now we just need Thrawn.

REJOICE!!!!

Now, back to the almighty guild of Darth Mcfuzzles in his pursuit to kill the same Sith Lords in a 16 vs 1 battle every week, working with at least three other people who are the same person.

But seriously: Hooray! Now we just need Thrawn.

Read what I said above. The OP misinterpreted what Eric said.

Read what I said above. The OP misinterpreted what Eric said.

Oh... Woops. This thread is just updating faster than I anticipated. Got interrupted. :p

Anyway: Fingers crossed then.

But my point still does stand... I don't really feel that "canon" is the right word. When I have a group of eight Sith Lords, Imperial agents, and Bounty hunters, and we still struggle to defeat a single droid (Corruptor Zero, Fabricator, Annhilator droid, Operator IX, etc), it doesn't feel too "Star Warsy."

People were asking the question in the stream's chat and Eric said that they work closely with LucasArts in order to provide a true SW experience and the like, but didn't exactly spell out...Different things.

Okay, that makes more sense.

My first reaction to OP's claim was that either Eric said something different than what is being claimed here and it is just being (mis)interpreted, or Eric made an off-the-cuff remark that he's probably going to have to walk back.

Yes, BW absolutely works closely with LucasArts to keep SWTOR consistent with the SW Universe (at least the Legends version of the Universe, which included things like the Great Hyperspace War, the Chiss, etc.) and an acceptable part of the SW brand. But I doubt that future SWs products are going to be required to treat SWTOR as Canon the way they are required to treat things like New Dawn, The Clone Wars, Rebels, the upcoming Tarkin novel, etc, as Canon.

Ok. Believe what you want. Also, don't call me names please. Thank you.

I dont think he was trying to be disrespectful, we are dealing with events that are just some guy or guys/gals imagination, so in a twisted way or sortf of way we all are delusional. :D

A delusion is a belief held with strong conviction despite superior evidence to the contrary.[1] As a pathology, it is distinct from a belief based on false or incomplete information, confabulation, dogma, illusion, or other effects of perception.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Delusion

I dont think he was trying to be disrespectful, we are dealing with events that are just some guy or guys/gals imagination, so in a twisted way or sortf of way we all are delusional. :D

A delusion is a belief held with strong conviction despite superior evidence to the contrary.[1] As a pathology, it is distinct from a belief based on false or incomplete information, confabulation, dogma, illusion, or other effects of perception.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Delusion

Thank you for just escalating that. And sorry, it's been proven time and time again I'm not delusional. But, you don't have to listen to me at all. That is your choice. But when it all happens and turns out in the end don't say I didn't say anything.

Believe what you want. Doesn't matter to me. Just giving information about things.

Thank you for just escalating that. And sorry, it's been proven time and time again I'm not delusional. But, you don't have to listen to me at all. That is your choice. But when it all happens and turns out in the end don't say I didn't say anything.

Believe what you want. Doesn't matter to me. Just giving information about things.

Regardless, you are still wrong unfortunately. Anything that is not the movies, Clone Wars, and currently Rebels is not canon. This doesn't mean Disney/LucasArts can't dig into the "Legend" universe and pull some stuff from here and there to please the fanbase, but SWTOR in itself will not considered canon.

I always found the whole canon obsession players here have a bit funny. Star Wars was about the only IP that classed the entire EU (pretty much all licensed works) as canon. I don't think fans really understand the difficulty, and the legal and cost issues, with keeping everything made by 3rd parties canon.

It was easy enough to do back before Lucas decided to make the prequels (and I'm sure that the prequels probably stepped on the toes of some EU stuff), and now that Disney want to regularly add new Star Wars content, it's going to get harder and harder to not come in conflict with these other EU stories, and if they use the EU that means they need to pay those creators more money for using their works.

When you see my posts followed by this image -----> :D it means I am joking, do not take me seriously, look at my avatar, I am senile, old, decrepit, crazy, and those all nice things people tell me when I bark in the middle of the isles in Walmart or when I roll on the floor when I hear voices telling me I am a earthworm, dirt tastes good.. yum yum :D :D

Asked on the stream. Eric said they work with lucasarts and the writers on a daily basis and the answer to that is SWTOR is most definitely canon. Heard it myself. Hope that puts an end to speculation.

Learn to listen. He never said it was canon.

Without some indication of whether it's G-, T-, C-, S- or N-canon it's difficult to say where it all fits in.

And from the sound of things it appears that more was read into what was said than what was actually said.

Now if someone can get them to nail down one of the aforementioned canon levels then we can discuss from there :D

Without some indication of whether it's G-, T-, C-, S- or N-canon it's difficult to say where it all fits in.

Those categories are pretty well dead now since the Disney reorganization announced earlier this year.

Now there is just Canon (books like New Dawn are on the same level of Canon as Episode VII will be) and Legends (all the old EU stuff).

I guess the old "Infinities" label is still valid too.

I always found the whole canon obsession players here have a bit funny. Star Wars was about the only IP that classed the entire EU (pretty much all licensed works) as canon. I don't think fans really understand the difficulty, and the legal and cost issues, with keeping everything made by 3rd parties canon.

It was easy enough to do back before Lucas decided to make the prequels (and I'm sure that the prequels probably stepped on the toes of some EU stuff), and now that Disney want to regularly add new Star Wars content, it's going to get harder and harder to not come in conflict with these other EU stories, and if they use the EU that means they need to pay those creators more money for using their works.

So if TOR is stated as definately NOT canon. What will that mean exactly?

What happens then?

we'll have to see, I mean for all we know disney is planning to make episode 7 be tightly tied in.

that said my honest to got opinion is SW:TOR is so distant in the time line it, for the most part, doesn't matter.

My hope is that the KotOR and Tales of the Jedi/Dawn of the Jedi stuff goes canon. Especially since it doesn't influence the movie saga. This stuff 1000's of years before Skywalkers and Solos is my favorite part of the EU.

Also, KotOR movie please!

we'll have to see, I mean for all we know disney is planning to make episode 7 be tightly tied in.

that said my honest to got opinion is SW:TOR is so distant in the time line it, for the most part, doesn't matter.

There's the answer. The reason why everything got booted of in EU is because of the direction of the new movies. People need to start thinking logically here. SWTOR is so far behind in the timeline it will NEVER mess with anything in the new movies. They never wrote SWTOR off.