Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Allow for classes to use different weapons

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion > Suggestion Box
Allow for classes to use different weapons

TLCuddy
09.22.2019 , 07:02 PM | #1
Instead of making classes restricted to use only one type of weapon, I'd like to see certain specs of the different classed be able to use different weapons. I feel like a few classes and specs wouldn't really be a lot of work on the dev ends.

Counselor/Inquisitor - would take the least amount of work mainly because the base classes only were able to use 1 single hilt.

Assassins/Shadow - For their tank specs there really is nothing that they couldn't use a single bladed light saber other than assassinate. You could almost play a tank spec with a single blade hilt you only miss out on 1 or 2 abilities.
Sage/Sorc - their Lightsabers minus 1 or 2 abilities are just for show anyway, really you should let players double focus as main and off hand and let them run around with out sabers.

The other may take actually redoing some animation:

Operatives use Pistols- really for this class any range weapon won't effect much of this class for any spec.
Scoundrels - let them use rifles for if they spec into ruffian, the others specs maybe?
Gunslinger - You could probably get away let them use a rifle as well.Maybe not in all specs.
Power tech - let them use rifles all specs.
Knights/Warriors, they're pretty stuck with their weapons, with how they're classes are unless you let them use double blades.

I'm sure other folks have different ideas, but i felt being so restricted on weapons in this game was boring.

J_Fairfox
09.24.2019 , 03:13 PM | #2
Well, one thing i would like to see. is if I am running a Mirror class give me the option to swap animations. For example

The running animation for Sith Warrior, in my opinion, is far better than the Knights. Others might feel different but i would like an option to swap that. And same with abilities.

would also like my sage to use Lightning, maybe white lightning.

Twofangs
09.25.2019 , 08:53 PM | #3
I would definitely like ALL Trooper specs use a Rifle . with no loss of abilities