Which commendation boxes for orange mod bracer/belt?

RyderrUK

Hi there -

Can anyone help with the following please?

I'm trying to work out what blue commendation boxes to spend out for in the hope of getting level 12, level 35 or level 43 mod-able orange bracer and belt.

Dromund Kass comms give either a blue level12, 14 or 16 box.

Taris Commendation offer a level 34 or level 36 box.

Belsavis comm vendor offers a 42 or a 44.

If anyone can shed any light on what boxes I need to be buying for the chance at the elusive mod gear, then please add.

Thanks guys!

As far as I know (i'm probably wrong though), commendation boxes never give orange gear, although there is plenty of modable gear available from the comendation vendor.

However, I don't think modable bracer's and belts exist (apart from augments from critical crafting).

Both orange belt and bracer exist, I've had one from a lock box, also they are for sale on the broker.

Blue boxes do give orange gear, I've had boots from them, but not sure what level to open to get the specific level drop required for the belt/bracer.

However, I don't think modable bracer's and belts exist (apart from augments from critical crafting).

Oh they do, they seem pretty rare though. I have acquired a orange modable bracer and seen one belt on the GTN going for 250,000.

Edited by HanoverFist

constantly see people trying to pimp out their chars at low low levels for no reason. Huge waste of time for such little extra stats compared to green gears at those levels.

Ive done alot of crafting for gear and the stats arent that bigg of a difference from each other green to blue.

IF youre a male imp just geting into kaas go buy the formal armor from the social vendor its all orange modable. But light armor. Doesnt matter when you aint a tank so use it till you get what you need.

Theres hat,gloves chest and pants i think..

Honestly, your best chance of finding them is probably not lockboxes.

Assuming you're of fairly high level (you want 43 bracers, so I'll assume you are)

Go to Taris(Republic) or Balmorra(Empire) and grab a Heroic quest that takes place in a phase.

Enter phase.

Run to the back room, aggroing every mob you can.

Get them into as small a space as possible using LoS.

AoE the group down.

Loot.

Reset.

Repeat until you get your drops.

constantly see people trying to pimp out their chars at low low levels for no reason. Huge waste of time for such little extra stats compared to green gears at those levels.

Ive done alot of crafting for gear and the stats arent that bigg of a difference from each other green to blue.

IF youre a male imp just geting into kaas go buy the formal armor from the social vendor its all orange modable. But light armor. Doesnt matter when you aint a tank so use it till you get what you need.

Theres hat,gloves chest and pants i think..

However, the drop ones people are looking for are medium or heavy armor types- which aren't social armors (for now). And of course, being moddable means you don't need new armor pieces- just new armoring/mods/enhancements to plug in as you go along. You can keep a preferred visual look as you go along.

I've also seen oranges show up in blue boxes- IIRC, a box is basically a free "blue drop" equivalent from a similar mob. Pop one, note the level on the item. If it's a match for one of the orange belts or bracers, you have a CHANCE to get one that way. As they're on a truly huge drop table, your odds of one are fairly low. For Empire, I've actually heard the best odds early is the Dark Temple on Kass- but that's not factual so much as hearsay.

And those odds are really small. 44 levels on my Vanguard alone and I haven't seen bracers OR belts that were moddable drop, much less ones that were heavy armor and useable by Light III.

Oh they do, they seem pretty rare though. I have acquired a orange modable bracer and seen one belt on the GTN going for 250,000.

Wow... I didn't know they were that rare. I have a bracer and I'm not sure where I got it. Probably should have sold it.

• 1 month later...

Omenbringer Bracers (Well all bracers) are on the loot table for the Sith Infiltrator at the end of the quest for Enemies of the Republic.

Haven't found them through boxes yet.

EDIT: Just received the TD-17A Talon Bracers from above mentioned boss. Took... roughly 15 runs at 50 to get them. Those have restrictions to Trooper.

Edited by ZubaanJCP

I've had three belts. As far as I can tell, only blue prototype boxes can contain them. 2 I bought with commendations (the lockbox) and one I selected from a class mission reward (the blue box). I know Sage and smuggler belts exist. I am told no knight belts until 1.2.

I've had three belts. As far as I can tell, only blue prototype boxes can contain them. 2 I bought with commendations (the lockbox) and one I selected from a class mission reward (the blue box). I know Sage and smuggler belts exist. I am told no knight belts until 1.2.

• 3 weeks later...