Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

connection issues

First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

MasterYODAve
11.14.2012 , 10:10 PM | #1
I took about 3-4 weeks off and came back to a patch and a game that I can hardly even play anymore. My connection speeds are so slow I can hardly walk in the republic fleet. When playing PVP, I am 3 seconds behind everyone and getting my butt kicked.

I have played the game a lot since release. I have a 50 sage with all WH fully aug gear, a 50 shadow, a 50 trooper and several other alt charchters that I play with.

Since this latest patch, I cannot play PVP and hardly do anything. I contacted CS and they helped me update my computer with new drivers etc. Nothing has worked. Is this really how my time with SWTOR is going to end. WIth poor service and an updated game that does not communicate with my computer.

I guess my question is is there anyone out there that has had his problem and found a solution and if so what is the solution. IF someone from SWTOR tech team is reading this... please help me fix it. My only solution is to again cancel the game and find a new game to play. very frustrated with this game right now.

MasterYODAve
11.14.2012 , 10:12 PM | #2
and to top it off. Just on hold again with customer service and my cordless phone went dead before somone answered the phone to help me. again very frustrated right now

farmmann
12.06.2012 , 04:33 AM | #3
same thing, disconnect every 2 or 3 mins. tickets take 4 to 6 weeks to get answered and calling support is a frustrating experience filled with 5 years old attempts fix fix as if i were an idiot. ive asked for compensation, but as of yet, got nothing from bioware.
I suggest everyone flood the cs with tickets, calls(if you can take it) call the BBB and file complaints with any local consumer protection agencys and cancel your subscritions. perhaps if enough do these things, bioware might put a product worth playing out.

Cerimon
12.06.2012 , 05:58 AM | #4 This is the last staff post in this thread.  
Greetings MasterYODAve,

If there is no current server downtime please check the following to help resolve your issue:
  • Restart the game and attempt to login again.
  • Navigate to Windows Internet Options (accessible from the control panel) In the connections tab, click LAN settings. Select 'Automatically detect settings'. Save this and attempt to run the game again.
  • Ensure that your network connection is stable. If you are using a wireless connection, using a wired connection will improve the connection.
  • You may try power-cycling your router by turning its power off waiting 30 seconds and then turning it back on again.
  • You may need to remove and re-add an exception for SWTOR.exe and launcher.exe to your Firewall and Anti-Virus.
  • Please go to the following location if you have installed the game in its default location: C:\Program Files (x86)\Electronic Arts\BioWare\Star Wars - The Old Republic\swtor
    From there, delete the file called DiskCacheArena. The DiskCacheArena file is recreated whenever the game starts so it is not harmful to delete this file.
  • Check Windows Task Scheduler (not task manager) for any software updates such as Google or Flash that may be interfering with your game connectivity.
  • If you utilize a VPN for your connection, you need to ensure that the game is allowed to communicate through the VPN. If you are using a proxy server, please ensure that it is configured correctly in Internet Explorer.
  • If you have any third party traffic management software running on your computer, you can try disabling it.

Please let us know if your difficulty continues.

We apologize for any inconvenience caused and thank you for playing Star Wars: The Old Republic

Cerimon | BioWare Customer Service - Forum Support

Marcaunon
12.06.2012 , 06:48 AM | #5
You are definitely not the only person with problems.

http://www.swtor.com/community/showt...545658&page=37

I also personally don't think its the internet. But something more specific to the swtor client or server.
Still so far CS has been useless in responding to my emails so...

Atchalli
04.09.2013 , 01:27 PM | #6
I have done all the listed advice but still can not connect. The launcher starts the loading screen, but every time it shuts down and nothing more happens.

What can I do?

I have ealy access today but can t connect - that is something that I can not get redeemed in any way! Im loosing all my early access.