Level Sync Broken in Maelstrom Prison

Nikao

Just ran Maelstrom Prison to complete the Jedi Prisoner story and the flash point did not level sync me. It still awarded a combat support droid and it still awarded on level gear but the mobs were only 36 and died with one blow.

This can be seriously exploited and needs to be fixed right away.

• 2 months later...

Yes, this bug is still active as of February 28 2020.

Story mode does NOT scale. A level 75 character is not scaled down to an appropriate level. The enemies are level 36 while I'm still 75, so I one-shot everything but I still get Renown Points for them. This is highly abuseable.

• 1 month later...

Just tested it with my Level 75 Jedi Guardian (Tank). The Level Sync is still broken in Solo Mode. Mobs are Level 36 and my character Level 75, killing every mob with 1 Hit.

Confirmed. Not fixed in 6.1c.

Edited by Oeconomicus

Just tested it with my Level 75 Jedi Guardian (Tank). The Level Sync is still broken in Solo Mode. Mobs are Level 36 and my character Level 75, killing every mob with 1 Hit.

Confirmed. Not fixed in 6.1c.

Same here. Ran it about a week or so ago, and it was too easy. Definitely needs to be fixed.

• 4 weeks later...

I have to ask. How exactly can this be exploited? I'm not really seeing an exploit.

Let's start with Characters that are under level 75. Because it's not being level scaled the only XP you're gaining is from the mission turn in. Other than that the only difference is that stuff dies faster then in other story modes. so the trade-off is you gain no XP whatsoever from killing the boss but the boss dies faster then it would if it were level synced. so the only thing you really get out of this is getting gear from the bosses in 10 seconds instead of a minute or so. In my opinion the trade-offs are not really worth it.. There's less of a difference if you're level 75 and know your character. The bosses die in less than 10 seconds instead of just under a minute. Not to mention, With the exception of One Piece, the gear I received while on a fully geared 306 was nothing but purple and blue trash.

If This Were Master mode we were talking about I would agree with you.

Edited by ElectroFidgit

As of 5/17/2020, this bug is still active.

You get to retain all your level 75 max stats and one shot grey level 36s.

Here's why it's an issue.

A majority of the bosses (around 5) don't drop their default/old gear, but they drop your random item. Meaning if you go in with an item rating of 306, you can get more 306 gear (or whatever the cap is for SM fps) for your alts in no time. A full run takes like 10-15 minutes now. And even if you don't have a 306 geared toon, you still get drops that will gear up your armor until you get to that point.

So by running it just two to three times, you could have a full 306 set to transfer to an alt. Something thats supposed to take a couple weeks to do. And you just did it in a couple hours.

I think this level scaling issue always existed on SM. Even in 5.0. Could be wrong. But while in 5.0 it would've been harmless, because they would only drop the level 36 gear, now, they drop the full level 75 gear.

I took my 306 geared lightning sorc and my 306 geared telekinetic Sage respectively into The Foundry and the Maelstrom prison. The only difference between the two experiences as I mentioned above is that in Maelstrom prison the enemies died in 6 seconds and in The Foundry the enemies died in 30 seconds. So, no I'm not seeing how this is really an issue. the opportunity for the gear is the same whether the content is level synced or not. people run Hammer station veteran mode all day long because of this. so it doesn't really sound like your issue is with the Nam level sinking, it sounds like your issue is really with the fact that these flashpoints drop 306 gear at all.

The only real issue with the current syncing issue is the sub level 75 characters not getting XP.

• 3 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...