Shadows/Assassins need something more than just stealth

RaithHarth

Lets be honest, it breaks too easily, while the the other classes have all these fancy counter abilities we only get stealth without having to counter heavy damage particularly from range classes, we could use a temporary immunity against damage like some of the range classes do.

Suggestion give us

, Sages already have a bubble so they don't need it

Lets be honest, it breaks too easily, while the the other classes have all these fancy counter abilities we only get stealth without having to counter heavy damage particularly from range classes, we could use a temporary immunity against damage like some of the range classes do.

Suggestion give us

It's simple.. You just aren't good .

Practice and you will find that sins can be played great , if you are skilled enough.

They are actually fairly balanced / mediocre right now. Yes they have crappy defenses when focused, but this should be offset by double vanish. Sins that knows how to play are annyoing because:

a) They do far too much damage if left alone.

b) By focusing them you risk wasting a lot of dps on someone that will just run and heal. Twice.

I am still somewhat bad on sins as my mentality is far to jugg-ish, but I am learning. The bane of sins is merc net with a dot that shroud / breaker can't cleanse.

It's simple.. You just aren't good .

Practice and you will find that sins can be played great , if you are skilled enough.

Um I've been playing sin since launch and I think I know what I am doing at this point, the matter of the fact is you have classes like Mara/Sents that are a bit OP'd for anyone to match them dps wise at the moment.

Also the stuns are ridiculous, they are worse than they ever been, it would be nice if the resolve bar actually did something for once.

Edited by RaithHarth

They are actually fairly balanced / mediocre right now. Yes they have crappy defenses when focused, but this should be offset by double vanish. Sins that knows how to play are annyoing because:

a) They do far too much damage if left alone.

b) By focusing them you risk wasting a lot of dps on someone that will just run and heal. Twice.

I am still somewhat bad on sins as my mentality is far to jugg-ish, but I am learning. The bane of sins is merc net with a dot that shroud / breaker can't cleanse.

Double vanish does come in handy when needed, but when you are going up against a premade range team with plenty of aoe coverage, it makes it harder to break through their defenses, especially when they can hit you with it almost instantly which breaks down our stealth with ease. We need some kind of new tactical where we get a temporary immunity against these aoe detections.

Edited by RaithHarth

Um I've been playing sin since launch and I think I know what I am doing at this point, the matter of the fact is you have classes like Mara/Sents that are a bit OP'd for anyone to match them dps wise at the moment.

Also the stuns are ridiculous, they are worse than they ever been, it would be nice if the resolve bar actually did something for once.

So your issue is that you're not topping the DPS charts?

Doesn't sound like a class issue.

Suggestion give us

Force shroud......

That would be a nice change lol will it ever happen for sins? probably not sadly :(

You are trolling, right? I hope it was a joke or something? Shroud already has a 60 second cooldown and it's been like this for at least the last 5 years. If I am not mistaken, it had a 1 minute cooldown even at launch.

If you don't know the cooldown on your main defensive ability, you are far from "knowing what you are doing".

Edited by Equeliber

You are trolling, right? I hope it was a joke or something? Shroud already has a 60 second cooldown and it's been like this for at least the last 5 years. If I am not mistaken, it had a 1 minute cooldown even at launch.

If you don't know the cooldown on your main defensive ability, you are far from "knowing what you are doing".

Its been 1 minute since day 1.

I think that before we can add back any amount of defensive capacity we first need to get rid of Two Cloaks.

And I've been saying this literally since the day I came back and was met with tacticals and their functions.

Two Cloaks is HARMFUL to the Assassins themselves and their team. Forcing a team into a number deficit is not good game design when you consider that pretty much every other class doesn't have to physically remove themselves from the game to get the same advantage which is a (near) full reset.

This is especially painful when there is a healer in your team because if you take Undying Rage as an example the Marauder in question can just keep fighting at full force while the healer gets the time to catch his breath and top the guy back off. Stealth serves the exact same function, together with things like reflect mechanics, damage reductions and all that jazz.

It all has 1 function; to allow your healer to catch a breath and continue to fight another day (or the remaining 3 minutes of a round :) )

The difference between these and Stealth is while one set of abilities make you not WANT to attack someone, and another make you physically INCAPABLE of it*. So while on the likes of DR and Reflection mechanics it becomes HARMFUL to stay with a certain target due to effective damage being lost or even returning back into your face.. with Stealth you either can't or WANT to reveal the person because that literally renders the entire DCD USELESS

Imagne that, being able to cast one of your rotational abilities to just remove any DR or Reflection cooldown and it do full damage in the process.. That literally makes no sense. But it is literally how stealth works as a DCD.

At the same time it becomes a very big problem to deal with in games where no healer is present due to the fact that the Assassin can get relatively easy full resets compared to the rest of the players going around. However it still suffers from the same problem that it can be cancelled any second by someone capable and paying attention.

All in all it makes it an extremely "Hit or Miss" DCD that either gets really OP really fast, or really lackluster.

And above all.. its not fun to play against.

*Outside of certain exceptions that only further serve as a disadvantage for stealth as a DCD

TDLR: Remove two cloaks already smh, joke's gone on long enough.

Edited by Evolixe

Two cloaks is mandatory and you have to take shroud on cloak. You also have to take DR increase on stun. An addition that would be nice is a utility similar to operatives have for dodge that would tick the cooldown on Shroud when attacked. Edited by StrikePrice

Two cloaks is mandatory and you have to take shroud on cloak.

Yeah which is exactly my point. Two Cloaks so good that it puts all the other good tacticals in a corner.

You can't opt to not-use Two Cloaks because it would be comparable to throwing.

I had a little discussion in the Shadow/Sin Discord tonight where I raised the suggestion to just ditch the DK 6 set of +30% melee damage because its so detrimental when you can't make use of that buff for any period of time.

Instead, it could be more akin to what warriors have as a 4set in the way that hitting anything with some rotational abilities would reduce the cooldown on Recklessness. With that they would have to increase our white damage output overall a bit but that can quite easily be fine tuned.

This would help levelling the enormous gaps between Sin bursts and make it more consistent at the same time.

Also, Discharge is a major letdown as a burst ability nowadays with the average activation of Ball Lightning doing more damage than a Discharge. Not by much.. but you have to consider that Discharge is meant to be part of the burst and that Ball is literally a rotational ability.

You also have to take DR increase on stun.

Uh, you do realise that only works for Darkness/KC right?

Otherwise its AoE reduction which is rather useless in PvP these days

Edited by Evolixe

Uh, you do realise that only works for Darkness/KC right?

Otherwise its AoE reduction which is rather useless in PvP these days

Ugh, you're right, I was thinking something else. Sorry.

Overall, I agree with you the combo of DK and TC makes it the only viable option and the only viable way to play. It would be nice to see some variety.

Ugh, you're right, I was thinking something else. Sorry.

Overall, I agree with you the combo of DK and TC makes it the only viable option and the only viable way to play. It would be nice to see some variety.

I mean look at our Tacticals, so many interesting options that could be good if Two Cloaks wasn't so overwhelmingly dominant.

May Cause Injury - AoE Discharge - Good for pressure

The Awakened Flame - Ball DoT - Good for consistent single target

Blade of the Elements - Autocrit Reaping Strike - Good for Burst

Friend of the Force - Shroud a guarded Ally - Great lifesaver

Traumatizer - Healing Debuff - Great for pressure on healer comps

Those are the ones that could be useful for ranked games. But theres more:

Go to Sleep, Go to Sleep! - Double Mezz - Used to be good for regs when you could swap it in at will

Jerra's Persistence - Double Phantom Stride - Great for Huttballs

All of these are unique to us, and if Two Cloaks wasn't around.. all of them would find use due to them being applicable to so many different scenarios. One game you take one tactical to combat situation A, then another you take an alternate tactical to combat situation B.

And this would be so so great as a dynamic experience. It would be immensely fun.

Bet your @!# that other classes would be jealous of our wide range of options to choose from.. if only Two Cloaks wasn't there :mad:

Edited by Evolixe

I mean look at our Tacticals, so many interesting options that could be good if Two Cloaks wasn't so overwhelmingly dominant.

May Cause Injury - AoE Discharge - Good for pressure

The Awakened Flame - Ball DoT - Good for consistent single target

Blade of the Elements - Autocrit Reaping Strike - Good for Burst

Friend of the Force - Shroud a guarded Ally - Great lifesaver

Traumatizer - Healing Debuff - Great for pressure on healer comps

Those are the ones that could be useful for ranked games. But theres more:

Go to Sleep, Go to Sleep! - Double Mezz - Used to be good for regs when you could swap it in at will

Jerra's Persistence - Double Phantom Stride - Great for Huttballs

All of these are unique to us, and if Two Cloaks wasn't around.. all of them would find use due to them being applicable to so many different scenarios. One game you take one tactical to combat situation A, then another you take an alternate tactical to combat situation B.

And this would be so so great as a dynamic experience. It would be immensely fun.

Bet your @!# that other classes would be jealous of our wide range of options to choose from.. if only Two Cloaks wasn't there :mad:

I also run one of my sins with Quick Escalation & Murderous Revelation. Very fun build and viable in regs. If Hatred wasn't so force starved and a little less squishy, this one might be even more viable with just a tweak or two to the set bonus.

Edited by StrikePrice

I also run one of my sins with Quick Escalation & Murderous Revelation. Very fun build and viable in regs. If Hatred wasn't so force starved and a little less squishy, this one might be even more viable with just a tweak or two to the set bonus.

Poot hatred spec. I can literally only recall one patch where they were legitimately good and it was sometime in the 1.2 or 1.3 era if I recall.

all the guides say hatred is one of the top dps specs. maybe they were only talking about PVE? if thats the case hatred could use some reduction in force costs on skills for sure.

I'd imagine they are deifnitely better in pve since its consistent damage, but in pvp they just die too fast before their dots do anything. Back in the day death field used to hit pretty hard, almost would crit as much as smash and I believe at one point it also spread the dots to other players and dots ticked pretty hard during that time so hatred for a short stint was pretty damn strong in pvp. It lasted only one patch though. Shame too because the spec can be pretty fun.

I'd imagine they are deifnitely better in pve since its consistent damage, but in pvp they just die too fast before their dots do anything. Back in the day death field used to hit pretty hard, almost would crit as much as smash and I believe at one point it also spread the dots to other players and dots ticked pretty hard during that time so hatred for a short stint was pretty damn strong in pvp. It lasted only one patch though. Shame too because the spec can be pretty fun.

Hatred still spreads DoTs but with lacerate. if Deception lightning matched the red of my lightsaber I'd use it, but hatred is the only one I care about since we dont get a choice in the colors.

all the guides say hatred is one of the top dps specs. maybe they were only talking about PVE? if thats the case hatred could use some reduction in force costs on skills for sure.

It can do pressure DPS, but it needs a good healer. Deception has a surprising amount of passive DR that Hatred does not have. The self-heals just don't keep up. They have not scaled with the increases in damage. And, as we talked about, you can't really afford to take anything other than Two Cloaks to help with the squishiness.

Some examples of things that would help ...

1. Each DoT you have on a target increases you damage resistance by 3%

2. Force cost of Creeping Terror reduced to 10 (down from 20)

3. Leaching Strike returns 150% of the damage it causes (up from 50%)

4. Each DoT you have on a target increases the damage done by Assassinate by 5%

Tactical: Thrash has a 50% chance to tick your Eradicate.

Obviously, the numbers would need to be tweaked and tested. But, the self-heals need to scale up with the recent increases in DPS.

Edited by StrikePrice