Where on earth is my companion? (Jedi Knight Coruscant)

WingsandRings

I'm playing a Jedi Knight, and I'm in the jedi temple on Coruscant trying to fight the big bad boss man. However, after the last update to the main class mission, my jedi companion disappeared, and my droid companion is nowhere to be seen.

Am I really supposed to be fighting the bossman by myself? Because I crumple like a used tissue every time. I had to fight through the Works solo as well, and it did not go well. Am I missing something? Is there a way to assign myself one of my companions that I'm not seeing? I've only been playing this game for a few days and I'm still learning all the controls.

press N to bring up the companion panel and summon them. or press the bottom left hand corner where the companion portrait is supposed to be.

in some cases odd triggers make the game assume companion is summoned when it is not (i.e. gives you a "you already have a companion" message). The fastest way around this is simply to send them to sell junk (the button can be found in the panel that comes up when you press "N"). They will return after 1 minute.

By default, the "N" key will bring up your Crew Management window. You can then click the small button on the right side to deploy the companion. Alternately, you can click the diamond icon in the menu tray to bring up that window.

Edit: See above. :p

Edited by ssfish

It happens in some class quests even for other classes, the companion portrait disappears along with the summon button leaving the bottom left corner blank.

So when that happens there is no way of summoning the companion unless hitting "N" and summon from that window, then the companion portrait comes back.