So questions, for someone that is coming back after a very long break.

Teladis

I have not played since like the second month the game was release, and I see lots of nice changes so far, Adding a Lfg now. (wish they would listen to us in the beta about that) and they started to listen to feedback it seems. Very nice.

My first question is, How well do the update? Well meaning, do they update at a good pace? Or do they take forever to toss a bone to the players?

I am redoing the sith storyline, this time going as a Jug instead of Mara, I will also have lots to do with some other story lines. I just fall in love with one class and want to play it.

Second question is, Did they update the crafting at all? I enjoy crafting so ya.

Third question and last one, I'm not heavy into pvp, I will do it just not hardcore, Is there other end game stuff to do besides that? I was told raiding was not a huge part of end game in this game. People just don't enjoy it. So I want to know if they fix content for end game players.

Thanks in advance for your time.

I have not played since like the second month the game was release, and I see lots of nice changes so far, Adding a Lfg now. (wish they would listen to us in the beta about that) and they started to listen to feedback it seems. Very nice.

My first question is, How well do the update? Well meaning, do they update at a good pace? Or do they take forever to toss a bone to the players?

I am redoing the sith storyline, this time going as a Jug instead of Mara, I will also have lots to do with some other story lines. I just fall in love with one class and want to play it.

Second question is, Did they update the crafting at all? I enjoy crafting so ya.

Third question and last one, I'm not heavy into pvp, I will do it just not hardcore, Is there other end game stuff to do besides that? I was told raiding was not a huge part of end game in this game. People just don't enjoy it. So I want to know if they fix content for end game players.

Thanks in advance for your time.

Major content patches happen every 6 weeks, and minor ones at any number in between. The last one was 2.5 on December 3. The next minor patch is coming on December 17.

No clue how crafting was a t launch, can't help you there.

Raiding has improved a lot since launch. There's now 7 raids, each in Storymode for casuals, Hardmode for intermediates, and Nightmare mode for extreme pros.

Major content patches happen every 6 weeks, and minor ones at any number in between. The last one was 2.5 on December 3. The next minor patch is coming on December 17.

Raiding has improved a lot since launch. There's now 7 raids, each in Storymode for casuals, Hardmode for intermediates, and Nightmare mode for extreme pros.

I see thank you, Story Mode I take it has a Looking for Raid option for players or is it just a guild only thing?

Their goal for pushing out new (content) updates is one every 8 weeks, sometimes a bit sooner sometimes a bit longer.

Also; welcome back!

Edited by Callaron

I see thank you, Story Mode I take it has a Looking for Raid option for players or is it just a guild only thing?

You can look for a Story Mode Operation through the Groupfinder, yeah - but it seems like no one ever uses it.

Most people still use the Fleet's general chat.

Here's a list I made a while ago of what's been added to the game since Free-to-Play and the Cartel Market went live (if you left a year ago the first two or three entries may be old news).

------------------

November 15, 2012: Update 1.5: HK-51 Activated:

-Brand new Level 50 Daily Quest area (Section X) with multiple new solo and group quests.

-New World-boss (Dreadtooth) with scaling difficulty

-New quest-line involving a new location (and some variety of gameplay mechanics) to get a new DPS companion (HK-51) for all classes.

(Nightmare mode Explosive Conflict also added)

December 11, 2012: Update 1.6: Ancient Hypergate: (4 weeks after 1.5)

-Brand new Warzone (Ancient Hypergate) added

(Heroic Difficulty Space Missions also added)

February 12, 2013: Update 1.7: Return of the Gree: (9 weeks after 1.6, with X-mas/New Years in between)

-Brand new reoccurring World Event (Relics of the Gree) that involved totally changing an area of Ilum and introduced new solo and group quests available during the Event.

-New Operations level instanced World boss (Xenoanalyst II) available during the Event.

-2 new level 55 World Bosses available during the Event.

(Reputation system also added)

April 9(/14): Update 2.0: Scum and Villainy/Rise of the Hutt Cartel: (8-1/2 weeks after 1.7)

-New Planet with 2 storylines worth of quests, plus Macro-binocular and Seeker droid quest lines.

-2 new sets of Daily Quests (Makeb Dailies and GSI Dailies with associated Reputations)

-5 new levels with additional class abilities and revamped skill trees.

-New Operations level instanced World Boss (Toborro's Courtyard)

-New Operation (Scum and Villainy) with 7 bosses (up from 5 bosses in previous Ops)

(Also added level 55 Hard Modes for 4 existing flashpoints)

(Achievement system also added)

May 14: Update 2.1: Customization: (4 weeks after RotHC's general release)

-Fluff added (that included a new race and long-asked-for armor dye and barber-shop/species change options)

June 12: Update 2.2: Operation: Nightmare: (4 weeks after 2.1; 8 weeks after RotHC's general release)

-Nightmare Mode difficulty for Terror From Beyond Operation

-(Nightmare Mode for Scum and Villainy Operation released in Update 2.2.2 on July 10)

August 6: Update 2.3: Titans of Industry: (8 weeks after 2.2)

-Brand new Level 55 Daily Quest area (CZ-198) with multiple solo quests

-2 brand new Flashpoints (Czerka Corporate Labs and Czerka Core Meltdown) with Normal and Hard Modes.

-Brand new Monthly Reoccurring Event (Bounty Contract Week) added for levels 15 and up.

-Brand new Tank/Heals companion (Treek) available for all classes

October 1: Update 2.4: The Dread War: (8 weeks after 2.3)

-3 Brand new Warzone "Arenas" (Corellia, Tatooine, and Orbital Station) with new 4v4 Deathmatch style play.

-Brand new Level 55 Daily Quest area (Oricon) with multiple solo quests and a Heroic group quest.

-2 Brand new Operations (Dread Fortress and Dread Palace) with 5 bosses each - Story Mode and Hard Mode

December 3: Update 2.5: Galactic Starfighter Early Access: (9 weeks after 2.4)

-1 Brand new Warzone Arena (Makeb) for 4v4 Deathmatch mode.

-Subscribers gain access to brand new Galactic Startfighter game mode, 12v12 PVP free-flight space combat available for all levels:

• Three Starfighter Classes: Scout, Strike Fighter and Gunship, with two variants each (Gunship variant #2 released in January)
  • Domination match type with two maps (Kuat Mesa and Lost Shipyards)
  • New progression system using Ship Requisition and Fleet Requisition to upgrade purchase new ships.

[Preferred players gained access on January 14, 2014]

-Brand new Reoccurring Event (Rakghoul Resurgence) added for levels 20 and up (first occurrence: Jan. 21-28)

February 4, 2014: Update 2.6: Galactic Starfighter: (9 weeks after 2.5)

-1 Brand new "Tactical Flashpoint" (Kuat Drive Yards) with randomized encounters and level-scaling

-All players now have access to Galactic Starfighter game mode.

• New Starfighter Class: Bomber
  • New Team Deathmatch Mode for Galactic Starfighter

------------------

If you're into solo-play and questing, new things you'll probably be most interested in would be the new planet Makeb and the increased level cap to 55, and the new lvl 55 Daily areas on CZ-198 and Oricon, the majority of the three Reoccurring Events that came out in the past year (Relics of the Gree, Bounty Contract Week, and Rakghoul Resurgence) are also solo-able. The new Achievement system and Reputation grind also add some stuff for solo players.

If you're into Raiding: Three new Full-length Operations, Scum and Villiany (7 bosses), Dread Fortress and Dread Palace (5 bosses each) are new, and Terror From Beyond has been re-tuned to level 55, plus there is a one-boss raid, Toborro's Courtyard, and when the Gree event or Rakghoul event are up they each have a one-boss raid as well (Xenoanalyst II and the Eyeless respectively).

If you're into PVP: Be aware your old Battlemaster/War Hero/Elite War Hero gear is no good! The Expertise rating was removed from them, and under the new Bolster system you want to use PVE gear until you can get some of the new PVP gear from the more recent patches. That being said: Season 1 of Ranked has (finally) started, and there are 4 new "Arena" style 4v4 Deathmatch Warzones.

Cheers and welcome back!

Edited by DarthDymond