Uprisings in 6.2.1 - Feedback

DanielSteed

• Dev Post

Hey everyone,

You can now test the changes made on Uprisings on PTS! All Uprisings are now available at level 75 with a rebalance of the difficulty and time they take to complete. Along with those changes, loot drops have been increased in all Uprisings. You will find more information about those changes here: Welcome to the 6.2.1 PTS!

Below you can find the type of feedback that the team is looking for:

• Do you feel if the Uprisings are content worth doing?
  • Do you think that any of them seem more difficult/annoying than others enough that you would avoid them?

Let us know your thoughts below.

Edited by JackieKo

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Do you feel if the Uprisings are content worth doing?

Truth be told: Not really. I rather have a good single bossfight or a few rather than having to fight myself through never ending waves of adds. (that really puts me off even wanting to touch them. Unless you get really good rewards back of them: Then maybe?

As also a story fan I feel a lot less connected to the uprisings as they seem to be really stand alone missions and having not really a connection into the story or what happened in the story. Making me also a lot less interesting in doing. (no cutscenes, just mobs killing for 10-15 min straight) which..

Tldr:

if i wanted a DPS (npc killing) simulator I'd have gone somewhere else (like doing heroics or dailies) :confused:

Do you think that any of them seem more difficult/annoying than others enough that you would avoid them?

Destroyer of Worlds is quite an annoying one. Having to protect this droid. when its destroyed go and find this kit. I rather have content where you just can keep on running after killing adds (trust me this one has plenty too) rather then going ''Oh crap that droid died.'' which it does a lot.

Further: I also don't really like the obvious ones where the same maps are used from other ingame content.

But aside of this all I do like the fact that they are fast and don't take -that- long to do if you want to do it(apart from the 90% mobs killing between bosses.)

Do You Feel Uprisings are Worth Doing?

Short and simple answer would be no - they feel disconnected from the story and while they are good fun for when you just want to carve through waves of enemies, they just feel empty story-wise when even with the flashpoints that are given at the holo terminals by Malgus are given backstory before even stepping foot into them.

Personally, running through uprisings at the moment (haven't been able to test PTS because of it not being available to Steam just yet, downloading the legacy client as I type) feels exceptionally easy.

Most Hated

Personaly, I agree with the above, Destroyer of Worlds is just slow to do purely because of having to babysit a droid. Feels like playing TF2.

Next up, is definitely Inferno. Lord Wrad on MM is a pain in the arse and requires a certain healer that can do mass cleanses which not all classes can do (at least in my past experiences)

Edited by Craftermun

Given they have always been balanced for a group of 4, I have only done a few as the folks I play with have never really had much interest in them; no story and too difficult for what you get from them. I suspect the level going up will just make them more difficult and wont change this situation for me, which is a shame as I actually like mowing through groups of mobs more than lengthy boss fights.

Question/Suggestion; Would it be possible for the PTS download to be done in the background while we play on the regular servers? Just updating from the last PTS version is a 12GB download, and we cant switch back to standard servers while it downloads.

Nope. Story and vet reward pretty much nothing, master mode is way to hard to be even fun. The feeling of time wasted is overwhelming.

Do you think that any of them seem more difficult/annoying than others enough that you would avoid them?

Yes. Trial and error especially is extremely annoying. That one is worth a lockout. It's usually automatic leave group for me. Last boss in "Divided we fall" and the destroyer of worlds one are also pretty much "nah" from the beginning. Simply put, the difficulty makes it very probable not to finish it and replacements in uprisings are seldomly found.

Edit: The fact that the master-mode is not available through group-finder makes it pretty impossible to try it for mostly solo players like me.

Edited by Katushe

I used Trial and Error as my baseline. I can't even get past the second mob now. Level 75 character 306 gear with purple augments. Silly me thought the rebalance would make them easier. I don't mind the Uprisings, don't think they're integral but interesting. Maybe add a godbot like in solo FPs.

My wife and I have been running Uprisings for a few months now to get conquest socialite (since pvp became a shambles).

We mostly run master mode uprisings or veteran together. This rebalance means we will no longer the able to do that.... And to be frank, it will be over tuned for two players to play master mode or veteran mode unless you are really, really good (which sadly my wife isn’t, she’s the typical average casual).

I know they are designed as a 4 person activity and I’m not going to complain about that except to say NOBODY WANTS TO DO THEM. Which makes it difficult to get another two people to play uprisings. That means that once you roll out the rebalancing and difficulty for them, we won’t be able to play veteran or master mode uprisings anymore.

You can put all the rewards you want behind the difficulty. The issue isn’t the gear (which is still really bad at story level and only gives you stuff well below your irating), it’s the bugs and desync that still plagues this content. That and people just don’t seem interested in doing them?? Probably because you need to rely too heavily on random players.

All I would ask with the rebalance is to take into account that people like to run them in two player mode also. If you make veteran too hard for two player mode, you’ll have no one playing any uprisings at all, not even story.

Maybe instead of re-tuning uprisings to lvl 75 (which I’ve seen nobody ask for on the forums), how about retuning the flash points and operations to lvl 75 THAT MANY PEOPLE HAVE BEEN ASKING FOR.

Leave the re-tuning of uprising alone, except for fixing the bugs and desync in them. By going ahead with these change, you will make it difficult for players who currently enjoy upraising as they are to keep playing them. I doubt you will get more players doing them with these changes, you will just end up with less players over all, especially as this was an avenue to do conquest socialite without having to forum pug groups or deal with the catastrophe that reg pvp has become,

Please leave uprising alone and fix pvp first and then flash points and operations. At least leave us something to do (uprisings) while you fix those.

Edited by TrixxieTriss

I used Trial and Error as my baseline. I can't even get past the second mob now. Level 75 character 306 gear with purple augments. Silly me thought the rebalance would make them easier. I don't mind the Uprisings, don't think they're integral but interesting. Maybe add a godbot like in solo FPs.

Yes, with uprising swarm mobs, they are too strong. Individually they aren’t tough, but every map has swarms and they keep coming faster than companions can heal you or tank for you.

It would be better to not tune the swarm mobs higher than they currently are live and just tune up the bosses more. my wife has wiped to swam mobs on live in 306 gear. I would say she’s the equivalent of the a average casual player. There is absolutely no way she will be able to play these without dying. Which means she will never play uprisings again :(

Edited by TrixxieTriss

Want to nerf them to make them non-soloable on the Story mode? :( Then you just lose a lot of good players. :(

I have spoken.

P. S. Just leave them as is. My chars, unable to do Veteran Mode FPs, doing Story Mode Uprisings. Difficulty and rewards seems fair for me.

Edited by iamfromfuture

Wow already nine replies! XD

I couldn't test Uprisings on the PTS. Apparently no one was queuing for it when i was playing. Maybe because there are no european players on the PTS, I don't know....

But I really want to see the changes you made. On the live servers I run all Uprisings together with a friend and two 50 comps in Master Mode without a lot of troubles. Trial and Error we can only do Veteran but this one should be the hardest. But we are very experienced master op players and know what to do ;)

We also run it with our 70er alts. Especially Landing Party and Trenchrunner is very easy for us. We do that because we do not get XP but the Masterwork Items which we can sell for a very high price at the gtm. As returning players we need the credits^^

So to be fair its good to chance the uprisings that it is only for 75er chars. Loot is already okay I think. If you go Uprisings with 4 bosses you have the same loot as if you would go a fp. Maybe add some set items to the loot pool but thats not really neccesary.

But I am very sceptically with an increase of the difficulty. If we are not able to do it in a two man group we will not be able to do it completly because nobody is doing them on the live servers.

I definitly like the idea of the Uprisings. And in contrast to many other I like that they are recycled maps form old content. It is like homecoming to the beginning of swtor :)

Wow already nine replies!

We need to show them, that most of community believes that upcoming Uprisings rework is a bad idea. So - more protests here, more chances to leave this "rework" on the paper!

It would be better if they released new content more often.

Edited by iamfromfuture

Do You Feel Uprisings are Worth Doing?

[...]they feel disconnected from the story

They are not disconnected from the story tbh. Uprisings were brought up at the time KOTFE/KOTET and the Alliance was around, and you as a "third faction/peacekeeper" had to go and deal with these different threats like a "galactic police". I think that was a pretty good shot from BioWare to give this whole "Alliance"-thing some sense.

I can't say much to the gameplay of these Uprisings since I never really did them, mostly because they reward me with nothing of interest. But I will NOT criticize BioWare here for their idea of giving us individual and new content. On the one hand people are complaining because there is no content besides re-scaled FP's but on the other hand people are now complaining that Uprisings are boring, useless and a waste of time. I find that pretty confusing and sad.

Instead of re-scaling them, they just could add more Uprisings for the new endgame (lvl 75), and give them a Story in Republic/Empire perspective now that we are back to that theme, same as they did for the Alliance in KOTFE/KOTET. In fact, I would really like that. If they also would add some juicy, different and unique rewards to them I would personally start running them.

I suggest BioWare before they start re-scaling and re-balancing them now to just let them what they are and start programming new Uprisings for the actual storytheme. As I already pointed out in another thread, I believe that the constant re-scaling of old content will sooner or later destroy the endgame completely. This needs to stop. New and fresh content tied to the current story? Absolutely. Re-scaled old content that was relevant 4 years ago? No, thanks!

Edited by Jesseriah

My wife and I have been running Uprisings for a few months now to get conquest socialite (since pvp became a shambles).

We mostly run master mode uprisings or veteran together. This rebalance means we will no longer the able to do that.... And to be frank, it will be over tuned for two players to play master mode or veteran mode unless you are really, really good (which sadly my wife isn’t, she’s the typical average casual).

I know they are designed as a 4 person activity and I’m not going to complain about that except to say NOBODY WANTS TO DO THEM. Which makes it difficult to get another two people to play uprisings. That means that once you roll out the rebalancing and difficulty for them, we won’t be able to play veteran or master mode uprisings anymore.

You can put all the rewards you want behind the difficulty. The issue isn’t the gear (which is still really bad at story level and only gives you stuff well below your irating), it’s the bugs and desync that still plagues this content. That and people just don’t seem interested in doing them?? Probably because you need to rely too heavily on random players.

All I would ask with the rebalance is to take into account that people like to run them in two player mode also. If you make veteran too hard for two player mode, you’ll have no one playing any uprisings at all, not even story.

Maybe instead of re-tuning uprisings to lvl 75 (which I’ve seen nobody ask for on the forums), how about retuning the flash points and operations to lvl 75 THAT MANY PEOPLE HAVE BEEN ASKING FOR.

Leave the re-tuning of uprising alone, except for fixing the bugs and desync in them. By going ahead with these change, you will make it difficult for players who currently enjoy upraising as they are to keep playing them. I doubt you will get more players doing them with these changes, you will just end up with less players over all, especially as this was an avenue to do conquest socialite without having to forum pug groups or deal with the catastrophe that reg pvp has become,

Please leave uprising alone and fix pvp first and then flash points and operations. At least leave us something to do (uprisings) while you fix those.

Some feedback, although have also not tested on PTS. I really like Uprisings and would do them more if they popped. They don't for me on any mode. Maybe tune them to two DPS and give a healthbot or more health stations? Frankly MM FPS rarely pop for me anyway and my guild won't run them. I love the challenge so would love more bite size challenging content or even try to solo them with a high companion. That would be a good aim.

Even if you don't change the loot maybe give more CXQ points for them which will drive more people into the queues.

But I hate the idea of increasing the level requirements, I don't think that's going to make the content get used more.

Just some general feedback on uprisings. I'm a casual player and when 70 was the cap, uprisings were not accessible due to the long queue times. I was able to solo a few of them at 70, but mostly just gave up doing them. I completed several of them the first time when the change was made to allow players to go up to 75 while enemies stayed at 70. I haven't tried to queue for them since, so I don't know if things have improved. My preference would be for uprisings to be tuned like flashpoints. Have story mode be for solo players to see the story, veteran mode for pug groups with any set of roles, and master mode for premade groups with the standard tank, healer, 2 dps roles.

This would mean moving story mode to the solo tab instead of group tab. For veteran mode, tune the difficulty to be the same as Czerka Corporate Labs or Czerka Core Meltdown, challenging for pug groups but doable. I think the problem when 70 was the cap was that uprisings were too difficult for pug groups. People were scared away from them and stopped queueing. Then it was like, wait an hour or two for a group and you might not even be able to finish it. There goes 2+ hours you could have spent in flashpoints and finished 3 of them with all the associated rewards. If you want more people to do them, make veteran mode pretty reliable to complete in a pug group. You can keep master mode hard for people that always do things with their guild or with friends and like that tough content.

You could even put veteran uprisings in the same queue as veteran flashpoints. As long as veteran uprisings aren't too hard and give similar rewards, people would be fine doing them. The bonus bosses can remain hard though, even on veteran. It's okay if there's a hard challenge as long as it's optional. This would be a problem with that one bonus boss that blocks progression if you don't kill him (bad idea in general to have a bonus boss that can't be skipped when summoned if your group isn't good enough).

So to answer your questions:

I think the current iteration with players at 75 and enemies at 70 are worth doing. If scaling enemies to 75 increases difficulty, they won't be worth it. When it comes to group queuing everything needs to be compared with flashpoints as the baseline. Look at your data for veteran and master flashpoints. How long do they take to complete on average? How successful are pug groups or not? Now look at the data for uprisings. I think you will see pug groups have lower completion rates and take long enough that flashpoints are almost always better.

The bonus boss on Destroyer of Worlds is too strong for story/veteran, even right now with the enemies stuck at 70. Also never put a bonus boss in the main path. If a group can't beat the bonus boss, they can't finish the uprising. A bonus boss should be skippable if the group finds they are outmatched.

Uprising are a lot of fun. However, the developers limited them to subscribers. This was a mistake. Big Time. You guys really should open them up to everyone. Also, they are basicly flashpoints. Put them in the line up with other flashpoints and people will get to like them, I am convinced.

Hey everyone,

You can now test the changes made on Uprisings on PTS! All Uprisings are now available at level 75 with a rebalance of the difficulty and time they take to complete. Along with those changes, loot drops have been increased in all Uprisings. You will find more information about those changes here: Welcome to the 6.2.1 PTS!

Below you can find the type of feedback that the team is looking for:

• Do you feel if the Uprisings are content worth doing?
  • Do you think that any of them seem more difficult/annoying than others enough that you would avoid them?

Let us know your thoughts below.

To be honest, I don't understand why you waste time, money and resources on Uprisings. There are so many better things you could do instead...

Nobody ever queued and queues for Uprisings. I think that this is maybe the one thing the whole community agrees on: Uprisings aren't fun. Never were, never will be.

When you lowered the Uprisings to level 70, at least some people started doing them. Solo or duo. I tried a couple of times solo. Not fun, but at least doable.

If I understand correctly (I won't try out the PTS anymore, since none of my feedback ever got considered), you make the content harder again? Not soloable anymore?

My opinion: Unless you make Uprisings soloable in all three variants (like KotFE and KotET), players won't play them. Players who like to group up, will continue playing other group content. Solo players who did Uprisings since the level 70 thingy will switch to other things again.

The idea behind Uprisings sounded fun in theory. But in practice, none of the Uprisings are overly fun.

My wish is that instead of working on old content, focus on new stuff. Any little bit which is new is appreciated by your playerbase. Even if it's just a short story cutscene. Why not add more missions to the Mek-Sha Tradehouse board, for example? I imagine that making such a "clicky"-mission is easier than reworking the whole Uprisings-system.

Uprising are a lot of fun. However, the developers limited them to subscribers. This was a mistake. Big Time. You guys really should open them up to everyone. Also, they are basicly flashpoints. Put them in the line up with other flashpoints and people will get to like them, I am convinced.

That's honestly the first time I hear someone stating they like Uprisings. I'm glad for you. However, regarding your suggestion: If they would add Uprisings to the Flashpoints queue, I would unmark all of them.

Edited by JattaGin

When you lowered the Uprisings to level 70, at least some people started doing them. Solo or duo. I tried a couple of times solo. Not fun, but at least doable.

Even now Story mode Uprisings are soloable mostly by Tanks, lesser extent by Snipers/Gunslingers (which are DPS, but have many signs of Tanks). Story mode Uprisings are too challenge for my "regular" DPSes and Healers, because Companion's AI is stupid compared to Human and often cannot take over trash swarm summoned by boss - trivial job for player's controlled Tank!

Current rewards are 20 Tech Fragments per boss + 3...5 gears rated 2...8 points lower than Your iRating (which means if Your iRating is 306 - Your loot will be 298...304th with a small chance to get 306th item(s)). I repeat again: reward seems quite adequate to difficulty.

-snip-

Tbh, the few times I DID get them to pop, they were fun-ish. I say that as someone who enjoys HM (Master Mode forever remaining one of the most pointless changes ever made ingame) small group content. The rewards were never there though. No titles, no special drops, no reason to really queue them or deal with the randoms. Guilds, egardless of type, never wanted to run them. Friend groups felt they were a waste of time (as did I). They just dropped them in the game, restricted them (very smart idea there), failed to act on calls for increased incentive and wondered why no one was touching them.

I didn't get to get on the PTS this time around and probably won't be able to but level scaling and touching up on the rewards will NOT be enough to entice a healthy flow of players into it. I wish they would stop being so meek with improvements, never going the full 9 yards to make things FUN rather than just barely able to breathe without life support. Woefully disappointed too, shorter flashpoints with interesting settings revisited was something I once dreamed of.

To be honest, I don't understand why you waste time, money and resources on Uprisings. There are so many better things you could do instead...

Nobody ever queued and queues for Uprisings. I think that this is maybe the one thing the whole community agrees on: Uprisings aren't fun. Never were, never will be.

Thanks to you for deciding what the community likes and what not ;)

In this thread more than one player said that they are doing uprisings. Saidly most of them alone or only together with a friend. I definitly prefere any uprising against another hammer station run. Or other FPs where groups are stealthing through the mops and bug use to be faster done.

Uprisings are straight forward boss "fights" (Maybe reward us with loot after every boss "entcounter", because some of them are only a mass of mops to finish). Maybe try to increase the loot and maybe the people running hammer station will switch to uprisings as they did when they were first introduced with the "fractured" runs.

Yes, this... been running uprisings regularly the past few months, trying to farm the Covert Neon (story and vet i mostly solo, MM i run with a guildmate)... great source of conquest points, and after you ran, say 10 of them a good source of relatively fast credits too...

On the down-side.... nobody plays uprisings really... some players aren t even aware of them... a re-tuning to 75 will achieve literally nothing... it will make them as unnecessarily hard, tedious and not worth the time spent in them... basically as they were pre 6.0, where everything above storymode was literally unachievable, due to the punishing mechanics and trash-mob overkill... i agree with the above poster, that this is nothing players really want(ed) ...

Everyone begs on their knees for regular content like FPs and OPs to be tuned up to lvl 75 and the team retunes barren content that won t be touched ( no matter what the rewards may be) by almost no one instead ? Hmmmm... strange design decision...once again

Give the god bot for Story mode.

God bot won't help. It's the end of Uprisings as we knew (and someone managed to like) them. Have fun... while You can yet. :-(((

Last several hours I've got PTS account, copied my best six characters and tried to solo Story mode Crimson Fang Uprising as my Vanguard Trooper...

Second boss, Takkan Rusco, will have obviously restrictive (I suspect You just won't have time to kill him before enrage if Uprisings bosses have enrage timer) 4.5 millions HPs and will literally hit You like a truck. My IL 50 T7-01 Healer was crashed like a bug in the matter of seconds by the Rusco's "Death from above". My Vanguard, "end-game" iR 306 Tank, survived T7-01 for two whole minutes and even wounded Takkan for ~ 8% of his HP! ;.-) But without healing... :-(((

I was able to kill first boss, Jor “Oneshot” Mesok (776 336 HPs). Despite there are a huge trash swarm (yeah... they are lvl 75 now) and I died twice before I did it, I can even call this boss "soloable" - at least, You still can use kolto stations to heal.

The general impression is that I went back in time, to pre-6.0. So it's unclear why they made Uprisings much easier in 6.0. :rak_02:

Ah... loot, according to Jor “Oneshot” Mesok, remain unchanged: got 3 items with iRating 302...304. Nothing was increased yet.

Edited by iamfromfuture

I've logged in to PTS again and tried to solo Story mode Down and Dusted as my Darkness Sith Assassin (alpha-class, BTW). First boss (Jai Quallo) had ~ 2 millions HPs and was soloable. Only when Jai summoned Giant Enslaved Sand Worm (NPC with gold star) I was close to death, but took the kolto on time. Second boss, Crack-Shot Aggy, had more than 5 millions HPs and was definitely not doable (stuns among a heavy hits as well as jumps across the yard - I've reduced his health by ~ 5% and then escaped, gone Stealth). Seems like a trend for upcoming changes: first boss is soloable, but second is restrictive - to cut down solo and duo players. :-(((

Would risk to speak as prophet: developers might just completely remove Uprisings from the game with same result - almost nobody will do (and will be able to do) them after 6.2.1, despite Story and Veteran mode Uprisings are present in the Activity Finder. Now Uprisings are almost ideally as duo (Veteran and Master mode) / challenging solo (Story mode) content, linked to KotFE / KotET storyline... have fun and enjoy Your stay while You can yet.