Why all the crying?

Cybridwarform

The two biggest issues I have right now is resolve not being added for overlapping CCs, and being short handed for games. The first is self explanatory, the second is frustrating because not having one player is huge when the games are 8v8. At the very least, they need to have a player counter visible for everyone, so that the team with players knows they are playing with an advantage.

Focus/Rage is the next big issue. The spec was fine and didn't need any buffs. Considering how Sent/Mara has been a top class every patch, buffing them (even if it is to one spec) is going to cause more ill will toward PvP balancing.

Vanguard/Powertech damage is also somewhat concerning now. I was a fan of the changes to make them less effective at range, but more effective at 10 meters. However, the damage and burst they do now seems a bit much. Many Vanguards/PTs are now hitting 1k DPS much more often.

Overall, I think many of the changes in this patch were a step in the right direction. In particular, the Sage, Shadow, Commando, and Scoundrel buffs all helped classes/specs that could use a boost. All in all, I'm having more fun with this patch than 1.3 just for how it mixed things up a bit.

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I agree with the op pvp is fine

I've never been stunlocked and never been beaten

Without realising what mistakes I made

I have 4 classes a slinger, guardian(main) sage and a trooper and don't feel gimp on any of these classes

The two biggest issues I have right now is resolve not being added for overlapping CCs, and being short handed for games. The first is self explanatory, the second is frustrating because not having one player is huge when the games are 8v8. At the very least, they need to have a player counter visible for everyone, so that the team with players knows they are playing with an advantage.

Focus/Rage is the next big issue. The spec was fine and didn't need any buffs. Considering how Sent/Mara has been a top class every patch, buffing them (even if it is to one spec) is going to cause more ill will toward PvP balancing.

Vanguard/Powertech damage is also somewhat concerning now. I was a fan of the changes to make them less effective at range, but more effective at 10 meters. However, the damage and burst they do now seems a bit much. Many Vanguards/PTs are now hitting 1k DPS much more often.

Overall, I think many of the changes in this patch were a step in the right direction. In particular, the Sage, Shadow, Commando, and Scoundrel buffs all helped classes/specs that could use a boost. All in all, I'm having more fun with this patch than 1.3 just for how it mixed things up a bit.

changing stockstrike from a kb to a root them right next to me while im probably rooted to is not a buff. the kb was 100x more usefull than a root.

I agree with the op pvp is fine

I've never been stunlocked and never been beaten

Without realising what mistakes I made

I have 4 classes a slinger, guardian(main) sage and a trooper and don't feel gimp on any of these classes

That is an adorable Haiku.

But I'm not exactly sure.

Why

You specified 3 advanced classes

and just said Trooper

for the last one.

OCD.

Try commando in PvP. Then you'll see. But I agree that there is too much complaining generally. PvP'ers are a difficult group to please. I like the commando play style but I've accepted that it's not a PvP class. Edited by klham

The pvp in this game is fine, i don't understand why everyday its a tear-fest?

No i don't play a smash jugg or a mara etc... I play a sniper and i have 0 complaints. People just need to learn to synergize and play off their team members strength and weakness'

Am i the only one who feels the game is fine? Has the human race lost its will to adapt? :-\

I completely agree with you. I think there's room to get better, for each and every class, but that's a constant endeavor. Overall, the mechanics are sound. Although, perhaps problems with any video game just don't play a large enough role in my life for me to confuse them with the end times. ;)

Of all the MMOs I've played (and I've played almost all of them, including DAoC, GW, GW2, WoW, SWG, etc), I enjoy PvP in this game the most, by far.

So, don't worry, you're not alone. It's an unfortunate truism that most people that leave the game to post on the forums only do so when they're displeased, which has the added ill effect of making it seem like everyone is just always pissed off the whole time. Combine that with the compulsion for posters to tend towards dramatics as a substitute for substance to get attention, and you end up with MMO forums.

I completely agree with you. I think there's room to get better, for each and every class, but that's a constant endeavor. Overall, the mechanics are sound. Although, perhaps problems with any video game just don't play a large enough role in my life for me to confuse them with the end times. ;)

Of all the MMOs I've played (and I've played almost all of them, including DAoC, GW, GW2, WoW, SWG, etc), I enjoy PvP in this game the most, by far.

So, don't worry, you're not alone. It's an unfortunate truism that most people that leave the game to post on the forums only do so when they're displeased, which has the added ill effect of making it seem like everyone is just always pissed off the whole time. Combine that with the compulsion for posters to tend towards dramatics as a substitute for substance to get attention, and you end up with MMO forums.

This.

^ pretty much is it.

I just don't know why instead of people trying to improve or seeing what they did wrong in a fight and changing their combat tactics they continue to the same thing.

Even an infant after smashing the cube into the circle hole for sometime realizes that it does not go there and corrects it. I think that will be my christmas gift to everyone i know. Seems people forgot how to play with those infant toys.

dude having played all of the classes a geared sniper is better than a jug/mara/ptech and so that is likely why you don't have a problem with it. Now having said that I don't have a problem with balance. I have 5 50's and 3 close and all of them are great at their own roles. Some are weaker without gear but very very good with gear (scoundrel) but overall endgame they are all good in their role.

The only real problem is the complete lack of premade matching and also being able to optimize your wh gear. This makes optimized wh players think they are great and really enjoy pugstomping.

I am assuming you played WoW and do not anymore .... well why ....did you not like the direction of the game...so you just jumped ship....I mean is that not the ultimate expression of "crying over a game"?
By him leaving WoW, he's not "crying" over it. Crying is complaining about it and continuing to play in hopes that by some miracle the game will change just for you. He left because he didn't want to put up with it anymore. There is a difference.

I can say for him, since he doesn't seem to be saying it himself: You're all focused on the fact that he said he plays a sniper. That he really has no reason to complain because he has the CC immunity and he can't be leaped to and whatnot. Take into consideration that people can main on more than one class. He's played multiple classes and he's still capable of PvPing efficiently despite the stun locks that people seem to complain about the most. He knows how to avoid them and PvP effectively. If people are really having this much trouble with the PvP after 1.4 then you really do just need to learn to adapt. I can tell you now that I've seen plenty of people do it with just a little bit of effort. Changes like these aren't going to stop, especially since the game is going F2P in November. That just means that the changes will come more frequently.

For me, PvP is fine. I play a Carnage Mara - I still play my lvl 50 Consumption (healing) Sorc on and off, and I will be playing a Powertech and an Operative in due time. Mind you, I don't have any idea how to play PTs or Ops, but like I said, I'm going to adapt and learn.

By him leaving WoW, he's not "crying" over it. Crying is complaining about it and continuing to play in hopes that by some miracle the game will change just for you. He left because he didn't want to put up with it anymore. There is a difference.

Crying or Whining is Complaining without offering a solution.

If a solution is stated in a complaint which doesn't make sense or isn't thought out, then they are Stupid, and well you can't fix stupid.

Crying or Whining is Complaining without offering a solution.

If a solution is stated in a complaint which doesn't make sense or isn't thought out, then they are Stupid, and well you can't fix stupid.

crying is when someone beats you because they are just better than you... many things are broken in this game so stating facts is not crying.

The pvp in this game is fine, i don't understand why everyday its a tear-fest?

No i don't play a smash jugg or a mara etc... I play a sniper and i have 0 complaints. People just need to learn to synergize and play off their team members strength and weakness'

Am i the only one who feels the game is fine? Has the human race lost its will to adapt? :-\

No offense there professor but arent snipers pretty OP atm?

No offense there professor but arent snipers pretty OP atm?

I play the following: Sentinel, Sage, Commando, Gunslinger, Assassin, and Powertech. Soon, I'll be adding in the others I haven't gotten to yet, too. I've played them all a bit, but those are the ones I've done at least a fair amount of PvP on.

No offense to Snipers out there, but pre 1.4 I thought they were one of the most underpowered classes. Post 1.4, I think they're a bit better now. Not OP, but better.

Since Sages/Sorcs got nerfed in 1.2, I don't feel like anyone has really been OP (though I think Powertech/Vanguard is currently the closest, with Sent/Mara not far behind). Some are slightly better than others, some might appear better than others in certain cases, but with enough experience with all of them, the beauty of this game's balance really becomes apparent.

For everyone that is having issues with PvP, I would suggest trying out a different class with a different playstyle and see what you think. Most of them really are pretty different and cater to different strengths and weaknesses.

All this being said, until there are solo queues or some other balancing option, you'll continue to have issues where 4 or more players that are in Vent or Mumble or something together just faceroll people. That'll always happen when collaborators fight against soloists.

In conclusion, PvP in this game is pretty freakin' awesome. I like it, and I hope it continues to get better. Let's continue feeding them our ideas and supporting the good ones we like. The more we do that, the more both BioWare and the players benefit.

Normally I would agree with you... but bad change after bad change is making me feel like a prostitute and BW is my pimp. I pay... and they slap me in the face anyways.

I was one of the loudest defenders of BW and this game but seriously... it's like they do the exact opposite of what the players want and ask for.

This... pretty much sums up how I think a lot of people feel.

Most of the changes in 1.4 were aimed at fixing PvP and you say that they were bad changes? I ran into many many people angry with the changes being for PvP only and ignoring the PvE'ers in the days right after 1.4 so I am glad to see someone who thinks that the PvP was fine before 1.4. Maybe if you get enough people to cry about it the devs might change it back, hey it worked for the PvP'ers to get it changed in the first place.

Most of the changes in 1.4 were aimed at fixing PvP and you say that they were bad changes? I ran into many many people angry with the changes being for PvP only and ignoring the PvE'ers in the days right after 1.4 so I am glad to see someone who thinks that the PvP was fine before 1.4. Maybe if you get enough people to cry about it the devs might change it back, hey it worked for the PvP'ers to get it changed in the first place.

Ya know, I don't know whether to giggle at this post, or just cry lol.

Simply amazing POV.

I don't even know where to start...

I don't even know where to start...

I suggest we should start with asking him to show us one PvP complainer who wanted this Resolve change. Show us one post in the PvP forum where someone said "I want to spend more time being stunned, Bioware!!!"

I suggest we should start with asking him to show us one PvP complainer who wanted this Resolve change. Show us one post in the PvP forum where someone said "I want to spend more time being stunned, Bioware!!!"

I love the resolve changes... if my CC break is on cool down, I now have time to go make a sammich.