Reduce 4-4 DPS to 3-3 DPS

varietasplus

Having played hundreds of SR matches this season, I support removing SR from the game to encourage TR for the former suffers from too many unresolved issues: negative spiral Elo, huge player skill gaps (Elo mismatch), class stacking, arena glitches, community toxicity, etc.

There is one fundamental and well-known problem I would like to point out here: the game was not balanced for any class to withstand 4 dps globaling. Neither were those balanced to have similiar survivability. Consequence: kill order is set based on class upon start. This obviously means someone from the team is forced to run/being stunned constantly instead of actually playing the game.

You know the drill:

1. Jugg / PT first. They are now almost extinct.

2. Okay, then sniper first. You could hardly see any recently.

3. Okay, then merc first. They are slowly becoming rare as well, since

4. Everyone is playing stealth or sorc now (less chance enemy is going to open on them), so mara first. No wonder arenas are full of sh*t assasins, operatives and sorcs.

This problem could be resolved by reducing the all-dps scenarios to 3 Vs 3 matches or waiting until a tank or healer shows up for both teams.

Edited by varietasplus

Having played hundreds of SR matches this season, I support removing SR from the game to encourage TR for the former suffers from too many unresolved issues: negative spiral Elo, huge player skill gaps (Elo mismatch), class stacking, arena glitches, community toxicity, etc.

There is one fundamental and well-known problem I would like to point out here: the game was not balanced for any class to withstand 4 dps globaling. Neither were those balanced to have similiar survivability. Consequence: kill order is set based on class upon start. This obviously means someone from the team is forced to run/being stunned constantly instead of actually playing the game.

You know the drill:

4. Everyone is playing stealth or sorc now (less chance enemy is going to open on them), so mara first. No wonder arenas are full of sh*t assasins, operatives and sorcs.

This problem could be resolved by reducing the all-dps scenarios to 3 Vs 3 matches or waiting until a tank or healer shows up for both teams.

Nope and nope all over... You are just playing ranked and the game and classes have never been designed to work in that environment(arenas) . It has been how many years of constant buffs and nerfs and we are still absolutely nowhere in terms of " Pvp balance for arenas" . In regs everything is viable,. but in arenas ? One class will always be trash and get instant deleted and another class or classes will always be OP and kill everything with 3 button presses. Players will always roll what is OP and the que will be 80 % that , which will automatically lead to increased class stacking.

Pointless to talk about.. changes. And by the way , 3v3 ? Imagine 3 opers in the same team or 2 it's GG for the enemy team.

This game was never meant to have any serious PVP.. despite what some naive people claim on these forums. It was designed by a company that became famous for making cool single player rpg's. Making proper PvP was the last thing they were good at . And after all these years , we still talk and complain about the same things.

Let's have some toxicity changes, but I doubt they will ever change the core of ranked , the way players are ranked.. that rubbish ELO system that was designed for chess and matchamking

Encourage team ranked ? No way in hell... are you serious ? Without PROPER rewards and incentives like we had in season 9-10, no one will ever bother except the same people that will want the top rewards for themselves. They will make teams and walk over every " average" team that will want to participate and that is why no one ques . The 2 seasons I mentioned earlier were an exception , but as usual, this " cool " playerbase complained about noobz and Bioware killed team ranked.

So , just enjoy Solo ranked the way it is. Accept losses and the fact that it's random que and sometimes it won't be fair to you. I am sure you won't come here complaining about it after having winning streaks because the que favored you.

Removing it is out of the question... especially for something that no one will play (team ranked).

Edited by DavidAtkinson

In regs everything is viable

What do you mean by viable? DPS-wise, certainly, but from the perspective of objective gameplay, marauders are pretty useless.

Imagine 3 opers in the same team or 2 it's GG for the enemy team.

Class stacking is a different issue that needs to be resolved. Also, now that you mention it, DPS operatives need a nerf bat to their HOTS.

It was designed by a company that became famous for making cool single player rpg's.

As far as I know, KOTOR and SWTOR developers were a different division (and city).

Edited by varietasplus

negative spiral Elo

rofl

huge player skill gaps (Elo mismatch), class stacking

Matchmaking is certainly not perfect, but it's doing it the best it can based on elo. Many have suggested that it should take classes into account to avoid class stacking. Hopefully Bioware will implement something like that someday.

arena glitches, community toxicity, etc.

Arena glitches like the fall death on battle ring, and the random leaping deaths are pretty stupid. It's unacceptable that Bioware has let them linger for so long to be honest.

And toxicity isn't a big problem. They're removing vote kick in a week as well.

Consequence: kill order is set based on class upon start. This obviously means someone from the team is forced to run/being stunned constantly instead of actually playing the game.

Knowledge of individual players often trumps class. The best example is snipers. Good snipers will kite extremely effectively, to the point that they're often not worth focusing in solo ranked unless you know your team is up to the challenge. But mediocre/bad snipers are a great focus target.

Also being "forced to run/being stunned" is absolutely "actually playing the game." That's part of what makes solo ranked a good game mode. People aren't being carried by guard/heals and are forced to actually manage their cooldowns and kite. That's often what separates good players from average ones.

You know the drill:

I don't know what server you're playing on, but this doesn't really accord with what I've seen on SF.

There are still tons of pts and mercs. Snipers are indeed rare, but that's because snipers are hard to play well, not becauase they're bad. Snipers clearly have one of the highest ceilings in the game, just look at the leaderboards.

3v3 arenas could be fun too I guess, but they're not necessary.

Edited by JediMasterAlex

The fix for Ranked would be this. Make Solo a training Arena no ELO, no hard feelings, and TR the only one with ELO.

Add a daily to to Solo - Arena and people would play it more.

If BW wants to help PvP Guilds grow I would also make Guild ELO more then player ELO. Player ELO would be personal rather then on leader board. You can also add the Challenge thing in all this, and may be also include 8s.

Tacticals have also extended imbalance even further; DPS Juggs, Maras, Sin are forced to take defensive Tactical for examples. Jugg DPS have to take a defensive set to make matters worse.

Edited by limenutpen