More quickbar slots

Asavrede

I was just reading the developer update for 1.4 where a bunch of abilities are getting nerfed but in turn for instance mercenaries get a new ability.

Where am I supposed to put that?? My hotbars are already full, and have already needed some culling of less used abilities, so really I need another bar for things I dont use in combat, like speeder, buffs, stims, etc. to clear up space for combat stuff.

It makes no sense to have more abilities/item effects or whatever than there are quickbar slots. Anything not hotbared will almost never get used.

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I agree 100%. We need at least one more quickbar, especially before the level cap increase, which apparently brings with it new high level abilities, and indirectly more on top of that - five more skill points means possibly reaching a new ability in a second skill tree.

• Dev Post
I talked to Damion Schubert and asked him this question, and he let me know that additional quickslots are in the works and are slated to make it in before the end of the year. I don't have a more specific timeline, but it's something that we do have plans for! Edited by AllisonBerryman

I talked to Damion Schubert and asked him this question, and he let me know that additional quickslots are in the works and are slated to make it in before the end of the year. I don't have a more specific timeline, but it's something that we do have plans for!

What about removing action bar 1 slot 1 being right mouse click? its a wasted slot for since i don't want to do anything when I right click.

I talked to Damion Schubert and asked him this question, and he let me know that additional quickslots are in the works and are slated to make it in before the end of the year. I don't have a more specific timeline, but it's something that we do have plans for!

Nice. Thank you BioWare

Excellent news always find myself with those few abilities I want on my bars but can't as just not enough room... consumables and stuff like that.

Would be nice to let us show our bars in a arc/curve instead of a straight line as well... you know make our HUD's look a bit prettier. :)

Personally, I find that if I run out of slots, it's because the game automatically droped things onto the bar and created the clutter. I just have to remove the opitons that don't fit with my particular build. For instance, you don't need every single possible attack, just a core of 4 to 6. You don't need every stim pack that you've ever collected, just the best 1 or 2, toss in your interrupts, and special emergency attacks, and some defense/escape skills, and your speeder and travels. You should still have plenty of free slots.

Thankyou for the update :)

While more quickbars is fine, I would like quickbars that can have more than 12 slots. I use a nostronomo that has 3 rows of 5 keys. 15 slots per bar would fit my use better. I currently map my combat bars as rows of 5, leaving only 2 in the last row.

In a universe far far away, the :rod_cool_g: that coded the mod able UI is also the main tek asset they have to try to optimize the XP hero game engine. That's probable at least :csw_jabbapet:

In this age of jQuery users and 'package wizards' the standard answer of '2 weeks' is now '9 month to optimize this weird mess'. Yeah good luck btw...

So I'd say that for the slots they have no idea where or what to modify, or it's an internal problem, like plans and authorities, egos, stuff like that.

Recipe: (1 programmer, 2 days)

Slice thinly the 2 days in really requested improvements, add some vision, serve, watch your cust. numbers grow.

Tech note: the suggestion box aka Garbage Compactor is full of fun stuff that requires 2 hours or less for a Senior Programmer.

Yes the key is: Requested, as in make the kids smile, happy happy.

For once I would like to read in a patch note: and, as requested by the players, 'more slots' or whatever

And not: In patch 2.5 you may now buy PVP heat seaking orbital strikes from The Store, or, well, we had 3200 QQ threads about Resolve, let's give something else, different than anything requested (which is a Galactic Scale Prowess btw).

Why does everyone seem to want to use all their abilities these days??....Perhaps I missed something, but you don't have to use all of them.

No, you don't use all of them. But I like having a lot of action bars, because I like having my rotation on one bar including two or three times the same skill. It's alot more effective to fire off F1 F2 F3 F4 F5 F6 F7 F8 than it is to do F1 F2 F3 F1 F4 F2 F1 F5 F6 or so.

And I usually set up seperate rotations for boss fights and trash fights.

That makes for alot of bars :p :p :p

how do you unbind this? i have nothing bound to my action bar 1 slot 1. i have removed both 1st and 2nd keybindings. yet anytime I right click it does whatever is in that slot.

That may be why you are having a problem. When you remove all binds from your action bars right click becomes the default for slot 1. Bind slot 1 to anything and that should fix your problem.

:cool:

dead serious. Why would I not be?

Don't show the extra bar if you don't want it... it's not rocket surgery - if you don't want a given UI element - turn it off!

On the subject of your posts - Dual Spec (properly implemented) would be great - manually re-assigning talent points and exchanging every single piece of gear click-by-click with bags & character windows open is incredibly tedious and error-prone by comparison.

There's a huge opportunity for quality-of-life improvements here for people who switch roles or play both PvE and PvP - your opposition seems either terribly ignorant or contrary simply for the sake of being contrary.

Don't show the extra bar if you don't want it... it's not rocket surgery - if you don't want a given UI element - turn it off!

On the subject of your posts - Dual Spec (properly implemented) would be great - manually re-assigning talent points and exchanging every single piece of gear click-by-click with bags & character windows open is incredibly tedious and error-prone by comparison.

There's a huge opportunity for quality-of-life improvements here for people who switch roles or play both PvE and PvP - your opposition seems either terribly ignorant or contrary simply for the sake of being contrary.

How? I see options for 1 bar and all bars, nothing in between.