Statting questions

Tsukuni

Hi playing my agent I always upgrade armour with cunning and crit stats. As I'm progressing more options appear such as surge and alacrity mods. Am I doing right sticking with crit and cunning? Is there a cap on such stats so I could be wasting mods on capped stats? Or am I going the right way stacking cunning and crit

Cunning you can never have too much of, and while leveling you will not reach the point where crit is no longer good, many people go for about 30% crit rating unbuffed with the gear currently available in the game. Eventually you'll also want to start getting surge. The other offensive attributes depend on whether you are Operative or Sniper.

Check out your advanced class's class forum for more info.

In my opinion keep doing what you've been doing, while also keeping in mind that power is very close to the same as cunning.

Edited by Rassuro

It would be a good idea to add some surge in there as well.

Critical Rating: Increases the chance that you will get a critical attack.

Surge Rating: Increases the damage of critical attacks.

So if you're stacking up on critical rating it would be a good idea to add some surge rating in there as well. I'm going to do the same on my agent, though I'm not quite at the level where surge mods start popping up just yet.

Don't worry about the caps too much whilst your levelling.

Rough caps to aim for (depending on your roll: heal/dps)

dps: 100% acc, 30% crit, 70% surge, and as much power as you can get.

heal: 30% crit, 70% surge, and as much power as you can get. (alacrity is ok but not amazing at lower levels personally i'd only take it if there was a high second stat like power on the item)

An Op healer will generally never want to touch alacrity. It helps 1 skill you actually use, and as you progress that skill becomes less and less important. It can theoretically be useful at low levels if you have tons of it as you don't have your other skills yet (about level 20 and down), but it's not really realistic to put together a full set of alacrity gear at that level nor worth the time. Edited by ebado

An Op healer will generally never want to touch alacrity. It helps 1 skill you actually use, and as you progress that skill becomes less and less important. It can theoretically be useful at low levels if you have tons of it as you don't have your other skills yet (about level 20 and down), but it's not really realistic to put together a full set of alacrity gear at that level nor worth the time.

For a scoundrel healer, alacrity is your friend. We only get one big heal, and the time it takes to cast can mean life or death. I can't count the number of times I've had heals fail when my target dies in mid channel.

Also been plenty of times I intentionally ate a "derp-circle" and died to get one final heal on the tank to keep him alive through the final few % of HP on a boss fight.

Some will tell you alacrity lets you burn through energy too fast, but a good scoundrel knows how to manage his energy. ;)

For a scoundrel healer, alacrity is your friend. We only get one big heal, and the time it takes to cast can mean life or death. I can't count the number of times I've had heals fail when my target dies in mid channel.

Does alacrity have a use for Scoundrel healers? Yes, but taking it means sacrificing so much of the other abilities that many feel it's not worth it because only one of your core abilities use it.

If you had instead stacked crit, surge, cunning, and power, maybe you woundn't have needed to get the heal off slightly faster because the heals you put out are significantly larger instead. :)

Does alacrity have a use for Scoundrel healers? Yes, but taking it means sacrificing so much of the other abilities that many feel it's not worth it because only one of your core abilities use it.

I hit Crit/Surge cap with my Operative Healer, so took some Power/Alacrity mods so I could still have something useful rather than going into diminishing returns territory. With the percentage increase to Alacrity it's somewhat useful and I've got an Activation Speed of 12.73, but I'd agree that it's not a necessary stat versus others. More of a dump stat before cap.

If you had instead stacked crit, surge, cunning, and power, maybe you woundn't have needed to get the heal off slightly faster because the heals you put out are significantly larger instead. :)

I wasn't suggesting it should be stacked at the exclusion of all else, but I've read a few opinions that portray it as as useless as accuracy is to a tank.