Filler - something - anything?

iamxtreme

This game is losing ground pretty quickly.. Guilds are dissolving.. at least 20 people that I know have terminated their subscriptions and each one has said the same thing

there is nothing to do that is out of content

I KNOW people are sick of the comparisons of SWG to this game, but its the only way that I can try to make this make sense.. even if its to me..

The quests, story lines, animations, etc are far better in this game.. however the "filler" in SWG destroys this game.. I use to spend hours in SWG designing my house, showing off my trophy's, setting up crafting areas, holding events for the guild in the guilds party house.. or designing my spaceship and going out with a bunch of friends because we want to take down a bunch of ships.. just because we were bored but didnt want to quest..

So im logging on to this game to do a story line.. beat the story line.. look around for something else.. OOO DAILIES.. done.. ok.. what else OOO PVP.. nevermind.. its huttball... for the 20th time in a row OR even better you find yourself involved in a game where friends are on both sides of the court and 1 team purposely loses so he can help his friends on the other team farm points..

So basically where does it go? in every game ive played in the past theres been filler.. stuff you can do that is non quest related that is fun and entertaining.. so far all ive seen are a bunch of pvpers who are maxed out and looking for more because they can spend 18 hours per day playing this game and want to flex their computerized muscles at the world.. a bunch of level 50s who dont want to pvp looking for more.. and a bunch of people who enjoy the idea of a social based game and want activities to do outside of all the missions and pvping...

and yet all I see the devs doing is updating this game to suit the pvpers...

I will be patient... I will wait.. the patch comes out soon.. and I will give it a full months worth of my attention.. but if I find myself trying to invent reasons why I should log on.. I will be cancelling my subscription.. there should be more to an MMO than open the door, kill the monster, take the treasure...

This game is losing ground pretty quickly.. Guilds are dissolving.. at least 20 people that I know have terminated their subscriptions and each one has said the same thing

there is nothing to do that is out of content

I KNOW people are sick of the comparisons of SWG to this game, but its the only way that I can try to make this make sense.. even if its to me..

The quests, story lines, animations, etc are far better in this game.. however the "filler" in SWG destroys this game.. I use to spend hours in SWG designing my house, showing off my trophy's, setting up crafting areas, holding events for the guild in the guilds party house.. or designing my spaceship and going out with a bunch of friends because we want to take down a bunch of ships.. just because we were bored but didnt want to quest..

So im logging on to this game to do a story line.. beat the story line.. look around for something else.. OOO DAILIES.. done.. ok.. what else OOO PVP.. nevermind.. its huttball... for the 20th time in a row OR even better you find yourself involved in a game where friends are on both sides of the court and 1 team purposely loses so he can help his friends on the other team farm points..

So basically where does it go? in every game ive played in the past theres been filler.. stuff you can do that is non quest related that is fun and entertaining.. so far all ive seen are a bunch of pvpers who are maxed out and looking for more because they can spend 18 hours per day playing this game and want to flex their computerized muscles at the world.. a bunch of level 50s who dont want to pvp looking for more.. and a bunch of people who enjoy the idea of a social based game and want activities to do outside of all the missions and pvping...

and yet all I see the devs doing is updating this game to suit the pvpers...

I will be patient... I will wait.. the patch comes out soon.. and I will give it a full months worth of my attention.. but if I find myself trying to invent reasons why I should log on.. I will be cancelling my subscription.. there should be more to an MMO than open the door, kill the monster, take the treasure...

Hats off to you sir, you pretty much posted how I feel but sadly Ive lost patience and already cancelled (a week or 2 left for me) but like I've said, if this game aquires more depth in months/years to come I most likely will resub, but currently I log in and then 5 mins later, I'm happy to log off as there really isn't anything I'm interested or eager to do. The content doesn't drag me in and well dailys are just dailys and people doing the same thing over and over will eventually rebel against it. there has to be more on offer to do rather than just keep up with the rest of the sheep.

It's certainly not a good sign for a MMO in it's youth but I only hope it improves.

Rather than give us more of the same which I feel update 1.2 will be, I personally think they need to somehow branch off and give us something new and unique which keeps the player base instead of losing it.

Eventually you end up with alot of players who have done most the current content and stand around waiting for new content, so it's a push for the developers to get the content out fast and in doing so might be pushed out with alot of bugs (most likely) and on the other hand people will wait patiently with high expectations and eventually might be let down. It's tough love.

Edited by SirTanne