Desync 6.0?

WhyAmIBack

• 1 month later...
Could we please get an official explanation from someone at Bio-ware as to exactly what desync is and what causes it? I see a lot of people complaining about this but I am not exactly sure what it is. I think I know, but I have been wrong before about things like this. Some say it will continue to get worse and that it cannot be fixed. However I would rather hear an explanation from the people who actually work on the game and understand it properly. Actual footage of it occurring to confirm assumptions might be of help. As far as I am aware, desync is the only reason why people dislike and refuse to play classic and Quesh huttball. Thus if it was resolved we could have more fun huttball matches in the future? I think this is something worth getting to the bottom of seeing as how we will soon have three huttball maps in the game.

agreed 100%
Could we please get an official explanation from someone at Bio-ware as to exactly what desync is and what causes it? I see a lot of people complaining about this but I am not exactly sure what it is. I think I know, but I have been wrong before about things like this. Some say it will continue to get worse and that it cannot be fixed. However I would rather hear an explanation from the people who actually work on the game and understand it properly. Actual footage of it occurring to confirm assumptions might be of help. As far as I am aware, desync is the only reason why people dislike and refuse to play classic and Quesh huttball. Thus if it was resolved we could have more fun huttball matches in the future? I think this is something worth getting to the bottom of seeing as how we will soon have three huttball maps in the game.

I mean, they gotta have something in mind to fix dsync if they are in the process of creating a new PVP objective map with a lot of elevations in which it is extremely important to know one's exact location all the time in order to play the objective...

...right? :jawa_wink:

I mean, they gotta have something in mind to fix dsync if they are in the process of creating a new PVP objective map with a lot of elevations in which it is extremely important to know one's exact location all the time in order to play the objective...

...right? :jawa_wink:

Your optimism is showing ;)

Your optimism is showing ;)

I am not sure about that myself. Maybe I am optimistic and attempted to seed hope in the other posters here. Maybe I am a pessimist and was trying to convince myself. Or maybe, I am manipulative and am hoping that since I stated how obvious it is they should now more than ever look for a solution for dsync, and would be very stupid if they don't, BW will take the hint and finally turn their attention on this old and persistent problem.

TBH, I am quite sure it is somewhat a combination of all three :p

Desync doesn't have to be defined by the devs. It's when your game client and the server have different ideas on where stuff is, and that prevents attacks from going through.

It's particularly bad on melee classes. You'll be standing next to something you want to hit where it's drawn on your client, and the attack will fail because it's not in range. You can be standing next to something you want to hit where it is on the server, and all the abilities you could use on your target are dark and won't go off because the client refuses to send the command, because the client thinks it's out of range.

Or you could think you have line of sight through some terrain, and the server says "no, silly, that's not where you are." Or you could think you have broken line of sight and are safe from someone's attack, but the server says the line of sight is good because the server has your positions as "still within line of sight."

I am not sure about that myself. Maybe I am optimistic and attempted to seed hope in the other posters here. Maybe I am a pessimist and was trying to convince myself. Or maybe, I am manipulative and am hoping that since I stated how obvious it is they should now more than ever look for a solution for dsync, and would be very stupid if they don't, BW will take the hint and finally turn their attention on this old and persistent problem.

TBH, I am quite sure it is somewhat a combination of all three :p

It’s even happening on the pts at the moment. People have told them. What’s the bet the new map will have more dysnc than any other map when it goes live.

It’s even happening on the pts at the moment. People have told them. What’s the bet the new map will have more dysnc than any other map when it goes live.

My personal bet is it will be worse than any other map TODAY, but not worse than any other map, because the situation in the other maps will worsen in order to level with the new map :rolleyes:

• 3 weeks later...
So... dev team, you going to explain desync or not?

They’ve explained dysnc many times. But refuse to acknowledge that it’s getting worse or that they are actively doing something to actually fix it once and for all.

The new Hutt Ball map coming next week will be a complete waste of time because dysnc is always worse in Hutt Ball maps and according to a recent badfeeling podcast with Snave, it is bad in this new map too.

Unless theyve done something since the pts, this new map will be just as bad with dysnc as the other Hutt Ball maps and no one will want to play it.

Talk about a waste of money. It would be better to use the money fixing the dysnc and not developing a new map. It’s bugs and dysnc that make people hate Hutt Ball and it’s driving people from the game.

Edited by Totemdancer