Will we hear from Bioware before the end of the day?

TrixxieTriss

No response to the outrage on the forums regarding the stupid decision to move the west coast servers to the east coast and not even have the decency to tell us in advance.

Anyone want to play the odds for when Bioware will communicate with us about this. I don’t think it will be today or tomorrow. They are probably too shell shocked from the barrage of rage.

I bet they will drop a small one or two paragraph post on Friday afternoon before they leave the office and hope it blows over by Monday 🙄

• Replies 269
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Your inability to read does not equate to bioware's inability to listen.

When the Hardware change was complete, Keith said right up front that people on the West Coast would experience some higher latency and that they would be working on that.

So he preemptively addressed all this ************, and yet people are still demanding "answers" when he already provided one.

To play devil's advocate for a moment Keith did say it would be two weeks whilst they get the teething problems (lag spikes and whatnot) sorted out from the relocation.

Of course what Keith didn't say is that they were doing it in the first place.

I imagine he's enjoying the usual drama on the forums while drinking his 10th coffee of the day, it's not like he's busy if he's got 10 toons up to 300.;)

When the Hardware change was complete, Keith said right up front that people on the West Coast would experience some higher latency and that they would be working on that.

So he preemptively addressed all this ************, and yet people are still demanding "answers" when he already provided one.

They weren’t answers, lol. They were lies and propaganda.

No response to the outrage on the forums regarding the stupid decision to move the west coast servers to the east coast and not even have the decency to tell us in advance.

Anyone want to play the odds for when Bioware will communicate with us about this. I don’t think it will be today or tomorrow. They are probably too shell shocked from the barrage of rage.

I bet they will drop a small one or two paragraph post on Friday afternoon before they leave the office and hope it blows over by Monday 🙄

I think it's just the vocal minority.

No, he said they would use the next two weeks to "smooth out kinks and address performance issues."

He does NOT state whether or not Bioware considers the West Coast higher pings a "performance issue." He was vague. We have no idea whether this is considered the new normal or whether it is something they are trying to fix. Hence, the ire and the requests for communication.

To play devil's advocate for a moment Keith did say it would be two weeks whilst they get the teething problems (lag spikes and whatnot) sorted out from the relocation.

I imagine he's enjoying the usual drama on the forums while drinking his 10th coffee of the day, it's not like he's busy if he's got 10 toons up to 300.;)

He has ZERO CONTROL over the hops between WC and EC, he cannot change ping.

@Zion: Goodbye /ignored

Unless they plan on buying all the ISPs in the continental USA and route internet traffic themselves, there is nothing they can do about ping times for people who got moved unannounced.

Perhaps it is you who should read... maybe something on how the internet works... more specifically on lag time and latency.

Edited by NuSeC

He has ZERO CONTROL over the hops between WC and EC, he cannot change ping.

@Zion: Goodbye /ignored

Oh I know but there's a thing called testing that some silly devs do to find out what effects will be caused by various processes. Now whether he got forced at corporate gunpoint to do it anyway is a matter for debate, or not really as it's highly probable it was done that way.

All he had to say really was that they were doing it BEFORE doing it. Granted we still would have had toys flying out of prams but he at least couldn't be accused of back room chicanery like now.

Oh I know but there's a thing called testing that some silly devs do to find out what effects will be caused by various processes. Now whether he got forced at corporate gunpoint to do it anyway is a matter for debate, or not really as it's highly probable it was done that way.

All he had to say really was that they were doing it BEFORE doing it. Granted we still would have had toys flying out of prams but he at least couldn't be accused of back room chicanery like now.

The worst is that in this case the best move would have been to bring the servers home to Austin.

If he had been open and honest up front players would have told them that. (Because apparently that never dawned on these rocket scientists)

Plus in order to keep up this charade they did not merge east and west which obviously if they were going to be in the same data center should have happened.

The worst is that in this case the best move would have been to bring the servers home to Austin.

If he had been open and honest up front players would have told them that. (Because apparently that never dawned on these rocket scientists)

Plus in order to keep up this charade they did not merge east and west which obviously if they were going to be in the same data center should have happened.

What I dont get is if this was the plan all along, why even have two servers and not one mega server?

As usual just more smoke and mirrors from Bioware while they pull a swifty.

Then we get that b******t post after they do it, that is just all fake media and propaganda full of lies

Edited by TrixxieTriss

My understanding is that ping is a result of distance from the server. So if they move the server increased ping for people in the 'wrong' place is inevitable. This isn't a Kinky that can be worked out in 2 weeks. So what was posted doesn't really take into consideration what the concern is.

Though given there has been little to no content this is mostly ignored, the awful betrayal story has been ignored, the list goes on so I would be surprised if this was different.

What I dont get is if this was the plan all along, why even have two servers and not one mega server?

As usual just more smoke and mirrors from Bioware while they pull a swifty.

Then we get that b******t post after they do it, that is just all fake media and propaganda full of lies

Imagine the backlash had they said they would be moving all to a single mega server that was going to be strictly on the east coast? They lied on purpose. there is no reason to have 2 servers if they are both in the same location. None.

Well I’m off to surf before my work starts at 8am. That will make it 4pm Austin TX time. I wonder if we’ll see a response before I finish my second coffee at work?

I’m still betting on the two paragraph post at 5pm on Friday. Do I have any takers?

Edited by TrixxieTriss

Imagine the backlash had they said they would be moving all to a single mega server that was going to be strictly on the east coast? They lied on purpose. there is no reason to have 2 servers if they are both in the same location. None.

But the lie only lasted 24 hours. LoL. Anyway, I’m off to the beach, cya 😘

But the lie only lasted 24 hours. LoL. Anyway, I’m off to the beach, cya 😘

No bet... it’s a sure thing :p

LoL... hey Trix... when did you change your avatar? Now I need to change mine again :p

Edited by Icykill_

I'm a tad confused, and not trying to white knight but what has everyone convinced Keith knew for certain they'd be moving everything onto their EC location, prior to yesterday's maintenance? I read his message as "As we were moving things over we determined we were able to shift everything to the EC servers and therefore we did but if it turns out to cause too much hindrance we can adjust" aka, put those WC servers to use after all.

I may have read his message with rose tinted glasses and I'm not insensitive to the high ping some players are having to deal with now, it's frustrating to say the least but I just don't 'get' where this 'Keith knew and lied!' thing is coming from, or what it's based on.

That said I do believe it's a poorly considered move. He already admits he realizes those on the WC may see higher ping times and that alone IS impactful, period. It also appears they didn't ever consider those outside the US for who the WC servers were previously "closest", and I think a responsible business should and would have.

Will we hear from Bioware before the end of the day?

I wouldn't expect to hear anything form them today thats for sure.

We have to understand, bioware has had this planned for a while. Something like this doesn't creep up and surprise anyone. They choose to keep quiet on this and will continue to do so.

They expected the backlash but just didn't care enough to let you know before hand and since the backlash would be the same if they told you weeks ago or the day of. They held off till it was done, hoping that latency and ping wouldn't be so bad. Turns out they were wrong and it makes them look underhanded on tiop of just being liars in general.

We wont get much out of them on this and when they do say something it will be a well PRed response that that holds little water when looked at vs what actually happened.

There really is no excuse in the way bioware handled this and it's much too soon for bioware to jump in.

Hmm two weeks why does that ring a bell? What's in two weeks? Hmm... Oh yes it's the 8th when server mergers are finalized. :rolleyes:

Hmm two weeks why does that ring a bell? What's in two weeks? Hmm... Oh yes it's the 8th when server mergers are finalized. :rolleyes:

In two weeks when all the WC and APAC guys have gone.

Won't be a problem for them if they quit!!! Problem solving the Stalinist way.

I have no doubt they are aware to some degree how people are reacting.

It's just that they may not have anything to say and wish to continue with their day to day business.......which is kinda counter productive since this game actually IS their business.

Let's, for a moment, pretend that Keith makes a post saying in so many words "We're sorry about this whole situation." Although there is something to be said for owning up to your failures, which a responsible person would do, there's nothing to be gained from it. It could just be seen as throwing fuel on a fire, at least if he were to do it right now.

Yes, responsible people should own up to their mistakes and failures. However, this is EA/BW, and we all know how good they are about owning up to their mistakes.

I can see maybe some time after server merges, like next year in the State of the Galaxy (or what's left of it ) he makes a comment like "we know there was mixed feelings about the not having any server on the west coast". But, it will just be like 1 sentence or 2 at the most, and it will not be the focus of the overall post.